MultiChoice Africa / DSTVunauthorized debit

I applied for the Price lock option at Multi choice February -March 2017, got new Explora installed and contacted Multi choice regarding connection and confirmation of payment method. I confirmed banking details for debit order as I had been paying by debit order. Beginning of March no debit order for Multi choice went off my account, I contacted them and were informed the Price lock department will be in touch with me. Which never happened. In April an amount of R458.43 were debited, this was strange to me and I expected that they will correct it with in days. Then I received an sms middle of April informing me my pay-plan is in arrears, I contacted Multi choice and was informed that they noted on the system the debit order for 2 months had not been activated on their side but will escalate to Price lock department whom will contact me..That also never happened. This month all 3 moths of payments got debited to my account. To me this is not acceptable as I've done all on my side to resolve their mistake. They neglected activating the correct payment why should I suffer the consequences. This is also contradicting the original agreement between me and Multi choice.

Ma
May 04, 2017

Comments

• Be
      May 04, 2017

The exact same thing happened to me. I took out the price lock in December and was debited the same amount. I called DSTV to inquire about the amount and was advised to pat another R130.00, which I did. U called them again to ask if it was sorted and was advised that there are 3 payments of R149.00 outstanding. This was investigated and i was informed that the 1 amount was added in error and the other amount would be waived because it was not disclosed when I took out the package. I am debited R579.00 each month when it should be about R679.00. Last month I was credited R574.00 and debited more than R1000.00. Then they debited another R574.00. I was advised that the refund was done and the money should reflect in my account within 3 days. This never happened. This month they tried to debited R723.00 and the R579.00. This is after I requested cancellation in February because I have had it with multichoice. I am done. I want my money and I want my services cancelled. The only time they call is when they need money. Ive been calling them since December 2016 and my query is still not resolved.