MTN / cannot get porting right

1 South Africa

Made the mistake of porting an 084 (Cell c) number to mtn. That was some weeks ago (Four).In that time, I have learned that the dealer in clearwater supplied his head office with the wrong number for porting. As a consequence mtn has screwed up all along the line. For example, you cannot use a telkom landline to reach the ported number. I took my new mtn-supplied nokio back to the dealer on numerous occasions only to be advised that stupid me had chosen the wrong setting. Anything to get rid of a problem customer I suppose. On friday, I wasn't able to reply to a sms from wife. The phone advised me to contact my service provider. Living nearby, I visited mtn's headquarters and met a charming and most courteous lady who agreed my problems were long overdue for solving and that friday was the day for it!. Guess what its monday and my ported cell phone number is still up to maggots on the mtn network. And, I cannot get my charming contact at the company because her number is not taking calls. Ho hum!