MTN / phone scam
My Mom received a call on her mobile telling her her number had been selected to win a prize of a R7000 holiday. In order to receive her prize all she had to do was top up her MTN Account with R180 Pay As You Go Airtime. This she did and then she received a text/sms stating she had to enter in the given number to qualify for her prize.
She did this and received another message saying her airtime, yes, all R180, had been transferred to the guy who initially called her about the prize.
We are still in the midst of trying to resolve this issue but I would like to warn other people to be careful.
More MTN Complaints & Reviews
- MTN / Recharge Card - over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card 
- MTN Nigeria - puk number request 
- MTN - pathetic service! 
- MTN - welcome back 
- MTN Nigeria - mtn share and sell 
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - Mobile phone
- MTN - night data not being deducted; 0605055809
- MTN ClearWater - cell phone contract
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - fraudulent account opened on my name
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - data bundle and mtn contract and complete lack of assistance or service