MTN / phone scam
My Mom received a call on her mobile telling her her number had been selected to win a prize of a R7000 holiday. In order to receive her prize all she had to do was top up her MTN Account with R180 Pay As You Go Airtime. This she did and then she received a text/sms stating she had to enter in the given number to qualify for her prize.
She did this and received another message saying her airtime, yes, all R180, had been transferred to the guy who initially called her about the prize.
We are still in the midst of trying to resolve this issue but I would like to warn other people to be careful.
More MTN Complaints & Reviews
- MTN Nigeria - puk number request 
- MTN / Recharge Card - over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card 
- MTN - pathetic service! 
- MTN - welcome back 
- MTN Nigeria - mtn share and sell 
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - early termination fee paid off within stated time frame
- MTN Recharge Card - unable to recharge
- MTN South Africa - customer service and scams 
- MTN - retention's department delaying cancellation of contract.
- MTN - nsfwmob