M&T Bank Mortgage / consumer beware

1 Albany, NY, United States Review updated:

M&T mortgage consumer beware

If you are thinking of a mortgage, you must defintely avoid M&T bank. They will put clauses in their documents making your life miserable and threaten you later on to do all kinds of things to you. In addition, even if you are late one day in ten years to send your payment (within of course the grace period) they will start calling you with automated sytems! Be absolutely careful of their mortgage clauses!

Do not just depend on my opinion. Search the web for related complains. They are a fourth grade bank of unprofesionals to deal with. I am in the process of refinancing and go with a better bank.

Pa

Comments

• Tg
      26th of Feb, 2010

I so agree with you. I have a bunch of lawyers working on them for me right now.

13th of Jan, 2012

From a recent Bain & Company and Prime Performance study: Small banks and credit unions in the Northeast are outperforming some of the nation’s largest lenders when it comes to overall customer experience, according to a recently released poll.

M&T Bank ranks well among the 11 major banks included in the 2011 Northeast U.S. Bank & Credit Union Customer Experience Survey. It is the leading or second-leading large bank in 20 of the survey’s 23 total categories.

One lender with a local presence didn’t fare so well. HSBC Bank, which is in the process of shedding its Upstate New York retail branches, ranked 11th among the 11 named banks for customer experience.

• Et
      10th of Oct, 2012

I have been on the phone with different morgage companies this pass week trying to refinance my 120, 000 dollar home that is now worth 80.000. Four lenders wouldnt refinance do to the fact that i am self employed and the value is less than I owe. So I call our good friends M&T Bank they recently purchased my morgage from Bank Of America. I was Told there Is a $700 dollar start up fee just to see if I could qualify. Then a four to five thousand dollar closeing cost. I lost my temper and said some rude things to that poor lady.

I was gonna call them back and see if they could work with me maybe go a diffrent route like a morgage addjustment. But after reading all these bad reviews about "Obamas make homes affordable program and M&T Bank" I have decided to just rent my house out and stop paying my morgage. The only thing thats pisses me off about it is that with the PMI that I HAVE BEEN PAYING the past five years will allow them to get 80% of what I first borrowed. They still make Money off the house even more than the house is worth. I couldnt sell it for 100, 000. ###!! Look at the brite side ill make the PMI back that I paid in off the renters. ALL BANKS SUCK