Mor Furniture For Less / Scam offer!

United States Review updated:
Here is a scam that More Furniture is pulling... I bought a couch and loveseat combination on 1/17/06 using their no interest until 2011. A new promotion is introduced a few days later, no interest until 2009 and they will pay sales tax. So I go back to the store (since I still had not received my original order which ETA was 2/2/07) and decide Ill change to the 2009 and end up saving $68 and some change. Well when I try to make the update, they say the couch/loveseat price has increased $50. This is the scam.. offer to pay sales tax, but increase prices to make up for the difference. After a debate with the manager, I cancelled my order and they lost a sale of over $900.

1270 W. Elliot Rd.
TEMPE, AZ 85284

A  12th of Jul, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
August of last year I purchased a couch, loveseat and sofa chaise. In June, I discovered one of the boards was sticking out the back of both the couch and loveseat. I paid $50 for a technician to come out look at and possibly repair the couches. Apparently the frame is broken on both. The warehouse is trying to tell me that damage was due negligence on my part and that I took to long to report the problem, which means the warranty is null & void. They want to attempt to fix it, however are not giving me any guarantees if they are unable to. If I am the only individual who resides in the home, how in the world would it be possible to break both frames and they are not considering this to be a manufacturer’s defect?! I currently am disputing their accusations of negligence. So for the gentlemen who canceled his purchase it was probably best because the quality of their furniture is not durable.
A  16th of Sep, 2007 by

N  1st of Oct, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bought a microfivber loveseat, Couch and reclining chair back in 2006. I would have to say the microfiber is easier to clean. However the cushions keep popping out. It can get frustrating. Even when they are put in nice and tight, when I have company over they come popping out. (can be embarresing) This is my only complaint. It was too late to take back. The sofa is so so. The chair is just great! My husband does love the chair. No complaints with the maching microfiber reclyner. We also bought two lamps, I find nothing wrong with them. They are very nice. The way I see it is, that sometimes you get what you pay for, and the quality on some items aren't as great, but some items are just fine. Just be careful when you shop.
A  29th of Oct, 2007 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
MOR Furniture customer services SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been dealing with them for months. I have written them 3 letters to dispute my bill and they will not write back. I have spoken to at least 10 customer services people and they claim that no one can help me because they can only see back one year into my account. They told me to write to the complaints department in accounting. I have done so three times and they won't respond. What the hell am I suppose to do. If I don't pay my bill they will send me to collections and ruin my credit, but they won't work with me. I will NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM MORE FURNITURE AGAIN. THEY S*CK!
D  1st of Feb, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
As a former employee of Mor for 4 years I could tell you that I and most people would go out of our way to help out a person. If an item was defective we did our best to service it. Some times it would be impossible to fix so it would just be replaced. As for customer service what most people recognize as poor service is a result of the atitude that one brings to the store. You get a lot further being nice than immediately yelling at us without us trying to help out 1st. This immediately makes us defensive and therefore less enthusiastic to help you out. Plus people would have buyers remorse once the purchase is finished but it clearly states on the invoice IN BOLD THAT ALL SDALES ARE FINAL. As for the gentleman sayinig that we scammed him. That is not the case. We always offer the person the best promotion that is currently available as long as possesion is not taken. when he went back there to get the no sales tax and the price was up $50. That is what happens. When we have a no sales tax promo the items are not on sale. When we had a sale then you pay the tax. You can't have it both ways. This is not a non-profit organization.
A  21st of Mar, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Mor Furniture is the worst place to purchase furniture. I paid cash for a bed and mattress and was told it was in stock and would be delivered next day. Well the sales person i feel did the bait and switch they tried to deliver the wrong bed. And then was told the one i wanted and paid for was out of stock and would be a month before i got it. Finally after many phone calls i got my bed in two weeks to find out there was no slates in the box. So then here i am waiting for them and my new mattress sit on the floor. They also told me they would refund the delivery cost and that has yet to be done. So i will and have already told friends, family and believe me they will be telling everyone they know not to ever shop there. I is not worth your time or money.
N  10th of Apr, 2008 by
Unbelievable. I bought a couch from you 2 years ago and part of the frame has already become detached. I am not "heavy" and the couch has not sustained any abuse from kids, pets, or other people. Since it has been 2 years, I am not covered under the manufacturer's warranty and the Guardian plan I purchased does not cover this. If I'd had known how low-grade your products were, I would have taken my business elsewhere. Unfortunately, I dropped some good money in your store already. Do you people stand by your products?
N  20th of Apr, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Please do not shop from this store!!!

I have been waiting for 4 months to get my furniture, left messages and never got a call back.

D  24th of Apr, 2008 by
Mor Furniture is a great store, all different price points for what ever type of shopper you are. Even the least expensive couches you have a 1 year warranty, obvioulsy the more you spend on a couch then the better quality it is(i'm talking about $800 or more--couch only)and you will also have a longer warranty. when you were at the store shopping you shyed away from the expensive sets and dropped your money on the cheap sets, when you did that you should have also dropped your expectations. Don't get me wrong you should definitely still expect your furniture to last you at least a year (widely accepted warranty time frame), but dont expect them to cover you when you are not taking care of you furniture and then pin it on them since you can't afford to fix your mistake. Just like when you buy a car and it has problems, high end cars you will get a complementary vehicle while your vehicle is being repaired, buy a KIA then expect to ride the bus. Most people that buy inexpensive furniture are well educated and just don't want to spend a lot of money and understand that they are not buying and heirloom piece, so they will not be upset if something goes wrong with their purchase.
N  27th of May, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I bought a sofa, loveseat and chair w/ottoman for $2700.00 before taxes. It was nice in the store but when they FINALLY delivered it, it lasted one week before the problems began. I would NEVER buy from them again! Material stretching, cushions flat! You would think that we had Jabba sitting in our sofa day in and day out. In the end, the only one who gets to enjoy the flat cushioned, material stretched sofa is my 90lb mother. When Mor sent people out to inspect it, they blamed us. I have since paid another company to come out, pick up my sofa and love seat, restuff the cushions and reinforce them with more lumber. This cost me another grand I didn't have while caring for an autistic child.
Just MOR Thieves!
D  30th of May, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
About 10 years ago my husband and I purchased a beautiful dining room table and chairs from Mor. We had great service and the furniture is gorgeous and well-made. It is my favorite piece in our house. It was American made which is the best way to go. Nothing was scratched or broken when we received it. And the comment made by the former salesperson is quite correct. If I am polite and friendly whenever something goes wrong, I am treated with respect, courtesy, kindness, and great service. People will bend over backwards to help.
A  15th of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I purchase several pieces of furniture from Mor in early April of 2008 . I made the decision to pick up the pieces instead of having them delivered. I was told at the time of the purchase that a large mirror I bought was out of stock but I could pick it in four to six weeks. I recieved a call from the sales person in about four weeks saying that the "rug" was ready to be picked up. I pointed out to him that it was a mirror. He said that was right... he mispoke.

I rented a truck and drove the 40 miles to the warehouse to pick up my mirror. When I got there I was told the it was not in and they had no idea why I was told that it was.

I called the sales person from the warehouse and he after some conversation said he would see if he could have it delivered when it really got in, but he had to talk to his manager, and he would call me the next day. I never recieved a call from him and after three days I called and ended up talking to his manager who said he would arrange for it to be delivered.

I got a call about a month later saying the "rug" was in. I pointed out that it was a mirror, they said again it was a mistake and my mirror would be delivered the next day. The delivery was made the nest day, but when the mirror was unboxed it was damaged. The delivery men took it back and said that someone would call me within an hour to discuss what could be done.
I wait for two days and did not get a call. I then called a cusotmer service number in what I believe was the corp office in San Diego. I told them the story and they said they would connect me to someone who could help. They ened up connecting me to the store manager where I bought the merchadise in April. After some conversation he said he would check and see if they could get the mirror shipped from another location, and he would call me in two days since the next day was his day off.

I did not get a call from him in the time period he stated so I called him. He informed me that there was nothng that couuld be done because Bassest who made the mirror did not have any in stock and would not be making any more until July.
I asked the manager what they were going to do to make me happy given the all the errors that were made. He offer nothing but said they would deliver the mirror as soon as it arrived.
I called Basset and found out that they had the mirror in stock and could deliver it as soon as it was ordered by Mor. Seems I was not told the truth. I called the manager and left a message for him to please call me. I never got a return call.
It is now mid July and no mirror in sight, and no communication.
It galls me each time I hear them advertise about express delivery. Three months does not seem to fit the definition of express.
I would strongly suggest that the senior management of this company read their mission statement concerning customer service and ask if it is only to make them feel good. Not a real policy.
N  1st of Aug, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered a sectional and a bedroom set last weekend at Mor. I got 0% financing plus no tax until 2011. So the bill was $2, 800 total for a monthly payment of $70. So far so good. But I was very disapointed by the actions of the sales person. When we were doing the paperwork he had me fill out one application form for the financing. After I was done he came with another one saying that the he had mixed up the forms and he came up with another one for me to fill out. I took the first one back but he said he could get rid of it for me. i ssaid I could do it thanks but he insisted he would get rid of it for me so he took it. One week later I received a Mor credit card in the mail that I never asked for. So what he gave me to fill out first was in fact a credit card application and he submitted it instead of getting rid of it. This is really unacceptable. And I think that Mor is in the game because the first application was not marked as a credit card application. There was no heading on it at all. What kind of company is this? I am seriosly contemplating canceling my order. I will sleep on it but what can I expect from them if this is what they did before they even sealed the deal. At any rate, be aware of the paerwork you fill out at Mor.
N  25th of Nov, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ordered a living room set in May of 2007. Rec in Oct of 2007. They brought out a broken chair, I called and wanted an exchange they said they would send out a tech. finaly conviced them to exchange the chair. one month later seams started to come apart on the loveseat a tech came out and did fix it to my satisfaction. In Nov of 2008 the loveseat broke. I called mor furniture and they stated sorry out of warranty and the manufacture only had a one year warranty ( did not know this when I purchased the furniture ) no recourse $2, 000.00 (for the set) down the drain. asked to have guardian refunded as the loveseat is not good anymore and since it is discontinued the extended warranty is useless. guardian states they do not do refunds.

I guess I should have checked the manufactures waranty before buying
D  8th of Mar, 2009 by
Mor is amazing. the only reason i say that is because they have complimentary cookies and drinks
A  24th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We purchased a full Living room set including Coffee table and End tables less than 1 year ago June 2008. Now one of the End table the surface is BUBBLING. A Technician came out today and asked me if I used "Pledge" Furniture Polish on it. He insisted that "Pledge" was used on it and that was the reason it started to bubble. If this is the case, that you are not suppose to use a dusting product in this Furniture why was there not Use and Care Instructions delivered with the furniture. Of COURSE they are not going to do anything to correct the problem. My recommedation is NOT TO BUY ANYTHING from MOR FURNITURE. THEY sell products made in CHINA and Third World countries. Thier Furniture is worse than SUB-STANDARD.
A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
In December 2008 I purchased a couch from the Glendale showroom. I was told that I would qualify for their in- house financing. I told the salesman that I only needed to finance $400- since I had $300 cash to put down. He did notify me that the interest rate was somewhat high. I told him that was okay, I was planning on paying off the remainder of it within two months. When I tried to pay it off last month, I was told that I owed an extra $300. The "buy out" was $550. I did not understand what that meant, and I was becoming very upset. That is when the representative on the phone told me that I had signed a lease agreement. I had no idea that the contract I signed was a lease. The sales person IN NO WAY said the word lease the entire 5 hours we were there waiting to sign. The contract DID NOT say it was a lease. I do remember when I looked at the contract, the numbers did not make sense to me. He told me just to ignore the numbers, they did not include the cash I put down. When I told him I wanted another contract drawn up he told me it would take a while, and not to worry- he would give me a receipt for the cash down. After waiting for so long for the initial contract- I went ahead and signed. I have tried contacting this leasing company TRS (The Rental Store) and they refuse to talk to me about the scam and insist that there is nothing they can do. I then tried to talk to Mor about it, and asked why the salesman did not ever tell me that this was a lease. The manager of Mor explained that the sales people are not allowed to say that it is a lease agreement. I think for that reason alone Mor is responsible for this scam. However, I have learned my lesson- I will never sign something that does not make sense and does not correspond to the terms I was told.
N  7th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I purchased a couch a year ago, which is still under warranty. It has a tear in the crease. The tech came out and said he had to order a new "casing", which would be delivered to me. I should mention that the cushions are attached.

It has been 2 months and they are still waiting on the "casing". It is on a barge somewhere where they don't know. They cannot give me an ETA.

This place is HORRIBLE!!! I do not recommend buying anything from them, unless you want to be jacked around and around.
A  7th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bouhgt a new couch on 11/06/09 at 11:00AM in the morning. I was told that they have same day delivery, its 12:15AM and I haven't received my couch. I actually told the salsman that I was going to come back in two weeks and buy a loveseat off of them. I don't think so now. I you say you are going to do something you need to do it, this is professionalism.
A  13th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Saw a couch set online, went to the store to see if the couch was in stock. The salesman told me yes it was, because "we just sold one yesterday." The catch was first i couldnt see the couch until i bought it (due to the warehouse in the back) He said to go online we're i first saw it then order it and pick it up the next day. So i ordered it called the store and they told me they didnt have it in. Then they promissed that they would ship it to the store and wont take more then 2 weeks. Its been 2 weeks now i called today and they told me that they dont have it and its gonna be another two weeks. I've already paid in full and now i get to sit on the floor for another 2 weeks. ### this place i dont recommend this store to ANYBODY... unless you dont want to actully see your product before u buy it and dont get to have it for months*

Mor Furniture For Less Logo Mor Furniture For Less