Montage Furniture Services / warranty scam

Laplace, LA, United States Review updated:

We bought a bunch of furniture after losing our home to hurricane isaac. We also included a warranty on the furniture that was good from date of purchase until december 27, 2017 we paid for 2 leather love seats, 1 leather sofa 1 leather chair and ottoman and a coffee table and had it on hold until we completed our house. When furniture was delivered we did not use any of the items and it remained covered until we completed renovations to our home. We noticed a few problems with the reclining love seats and i called the warranty company montage furniture services to have them take a look at them and see what the problem was with the furniture. I had to fill out a bunch of papers and send them back to the company. I received an email telling me that i did not contact them in the first 30 days to report the problem so my situation is not covered under the warranty. I am furious! This is ridiculous that's why a bought a warranty in the first place. I feel like this company is a scam and they have no intention of honoring their warranties. I asked about a refund and the lady
{an extremely rude lady} told me that they have a cancellation fee and prorated usage charge i never used it!!!. When i asked her how much she was unable to give me an answer. Please do not give these people your money when buying furniture.

Mo

Montage Furniture Services
    3959 Centre Pointe Drive, Suite 50
    Roseville, Minnesota
    Phone: 800-686-5559

Unbelieveable. The company is a joke. We spent thousands of dollars on a quality furniture with Ashleys and almost a thousand dollars on a protection program that is a joke. We have attempted to file a claim x3 on different pieces and everytime they come a reason why they don't cover the furnture. The plans is sold as a furniture mishap protection program..perfect for military personal and families with children. Damage done to leather by a pet is not covered, broken or missing pieces damage during a move by us...not covered. Now damage to finish done by sun and moisture from drinks on a coffee table not covered. Why did we even spent the money on such a program. If you do get them to look at it...it is months to get it looked at and then if it is covered...you must go back to a to the original store to pick up replacements dispite the fact that they are a national store chain. Because we moved 4 times in 28 months for the US ARmy and are now 2800 miles from the original store is this reasonable considering we paid alot of money for a protection plan to cover us!! My husband just came back from his 4th deployment and thought we would be covered by this program only to find out the entire program is a jOKE!!! Don't spend you money on this crap! You might as well just keep your money and take your losses...at least you have you own money to replace the item if it is damaged!

• Fu
      29th of Jul, 2011

Each store is independently own. if you would read the terms of your ###ing plan it would clearly states the coverage!! AND IT STATES ORIGINAL ITEMS WILL BE REPLACED THROUGH YOUR ORIGINAL RETAILER!! STOP ### AND READ YOUR ###ING PLAN!!

• St
      15th of Dec, 2011

well it looks like these complaints is getting to the company its a scam they r thieves they lie chaet ppl of thee money they give excuses on everything u ask for its a bogus company and a scam AGAIN ITS A SCAM PEOPLE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

• Ci
      28th of Feb, 2012
    Montage Furniture Services - refuse to fix loveseat
    Ashley Furniture
    Bowling Green
    Kentucky

Montage Furniture Services refusal to fix tear in my Loveseat, also called about a chested drawer last year and never recieved a phone call back from them after stating they would have someone get in contact with me. BIG RIP OFF! :(

• Ci
      28th of Feb, 2012

Montage Furniture Services address is 107 Flynn Drive, Suite 500 Milbank, SD 57252 -------Ashley Furniture is in Bowling Green, KY.

• Ka
      16th of Aug, 2012
    Montage Furniture Services - WARRANTY NOT HONORED
    MONTAGE FURNITURE SERVICES
    Shreveport
    Louisiana

I purchased their warranty and was told it covered everything. My love seat is less than 2 years old and sagging ion the middle; also, on one of the armrests, you can feel the wood underneath. Filled out the claim forms and sent pictures along with the claim. Because of the amount of paperwork they request, I had to add additional stamps. Now I am informed my claim was denied because they do not cover the "structure" of the cushions. NEVER PURCHASE THIS INSURANCE!!! Will send letter to BBB also. The stores should not sell this insurance. In the future, I will not purchase from these stores since they misrepresent what is sold!!!

• Pa
      11th of Oct, 2012

The BBB an the attorney general office an small claims the judge needs to here this an maybe the will see right threw them.Trust me, I'm doing just that.There not getting off that easy.

• St
      18th of Apr, 2016

I have a TV lift cabinet. This company is unresponsive, irresponsible, and incompetent.
    It took 6 weeks and multiple calls to get a repair person out who repeated the photos showing that the device did not work. He said, I can't fix this and promised the company would be back to us in five days. It was a couple weeks. Called and complained. First rep said the whole unit had to be replaced. Second rep said no, it could be repaired but they were waiting for a note from the tech. Waited another week for the tech note. When that had not called, I called them again. They were still waiting for the tech.
    Meanwhile I said that I would let them off the hook if they would just send the part and I would install it.
    They said no. The worst. A complete joke of a company.