Montage Furniture Servicesclaim

I don't even know where to start with this company. All I can suggest to you is to complain to the BBB about them. I have been going on and on with these people for at least 2 months now. I rushed home the day the appointment was set up only to have the technician leave after 20 minutes. He did not clean everything, just one little stain. Then the company tells me that I should get a general cleaning. If only 2 spots are dirty exactly why would I get the entire sectional cleaned? I have a 9 piece sectional and if only 2 pieces are dirty how do they get that the entire thing is dirty? I'm sure it was because he came at 4:30 and then wanted to leave. I have been calling everyday and they promise to get back to me, noone ever calls you back. Then there is a frame broken on another piece of furniture that I bought and they ripped the cloth off to take pictures and never even put it back on. what terrible customer service and work. This nonsense that they call a company shoudl be out of business. All they do is rob you of $200. I would like my money back. If they do this type of work to me and after reading all these complaints, I will NEVER AGAIN purchase a protection plan with this company. It clearly states on the contract that they clean stains except for bleach and also that they fix the framing to the furniture. WHAT A LIE AND A RIP OFF - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND I SUGGEST TO ALL OF YOU WHO DO HAVE PROBLEMS - CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

Comments

• Hu
      Aug 12, 2009

I'm in the middle of a similar battle with MFS and Ashley. Let's see what happens when I try to use a "store credit" on something other than tables. They don't have anything I want. The quality of their furniture stinks. Very few pieces are solid wood. Even fewer are real leather. Buyer beware... Ashley's sales people are gooood at stretching the truth. Please examine the furniture thoroughly before buying and ASK questions. Get it in writing!

Aug 31, 2009

that is pretty good if you were are able to get new furniture. You probably paid about $200 for the protection and will get $1200 in credit back, not a bad return on investment. What if you didn't buy the plan, you would probably have a chair that didn't work

think of it that way!!!

• Bg
      Sep 14, 2009

Exact same problem here. They will not allow you to use your entire credit. Plus, the furniture that is available now is much less quality than when i originally purchased my furniture. Further, if the piece you are wanting is on sale, too bad you still must "pay" full price with your credit. We have been told so many different versions of the warranty and it seems to change on a whim and none of it matches how it was explained when we originally purchased it. Do not buy ashley furniture and do not waste your money on the extended warranty. It is a rip off and you will not get what you expect should you have problems. They can (And will) up and change the warranty anytime they want and it even says they have the right to do so in the small print. They will not honor the warranty in effect when you originally purchased it but instead the much changed one that is in effect today!!! Worthless furniture and worthless warranty through montage (Who is probably owned by ashley) . Ashley manufactures the furniture. The stores are independently owned. Montage warranties the furniture. And when you have any kind of problem, you will be the one stuck in the middle of their finger pointing "it's not our problem" triangle.

Nov 16, 2009

I also am having a problem with montage and ashley furniture. I bought the extended warranty and now have a rip in my micro fiber sofa. In July (it is now november) I began the claim process. I called ashley, they made me call montage, once connected with montage i had to produce the reciept. I was then forced to call ashley furniture back, wait for the reciept and once again call montage and they had me send the reciept. They explained that once the reciept was recieved they would contact me to set up an appointment with a technician. After waiting 3 weeks I called them back and they said that they had contacted a technician and that "he should have called me" and that it wasnt their fault. Finally a technician called me and set up an appointment 3 weeks from the call date. On the day he was to come, he cancelled and scheduled a day the following week. When he did arrive he advised me that he would order parts and that when I recieved them I would have to call montage again and they would contact the technician and he would call me and come out again. AFTER 3 or 4 more weeks the materials finally came in and i went through the ridiculous process again. The appointment (another 2 or 3 weeks later comes and it turns out that the wrong parts came to my home (not his fault though) oh and upon calling montage not theirs either...oh and upon calling ashley not their fault either...SOOOO he had to re-order parts, i had to wait again and what happens...they send them to the wrong house. SOOO I had to re-order parts AGAIN go through the AMAZINGLE ARDUOUS PROCESS AGAIN! I am now awaiting a call from a technician AGAIN to have my sofa repaired...5 months later!!! AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET...YOU PAY 200 DOLLARS FOR A PLAN AND FIVE MONTHS LATER I STILL HAVE A RIP IN MY SOFA!

• Ki
      Nov 23, 2009

Well I will just join this club also! I have been waiting since 1st part of September and now end November and problem not taken care of yet and again Montage says not their fault and Ashley Furniture says not their fault. I will never buy from Ashley again. Montage tells me one thing and 3 days later says another. I tried to speak to management but the lady I was on phone with said nobody could speak to me but would have one call within 48hrs but nobody has called yet but the same lady changing things yets again. Not sure who to talk to now! Thinking about calling local TV station.

• Up
      Mar 13, 2010

I have has 3 seperate parts if the frame on my sofa AND love seats break and have been going through the proccess for 3 months! I have received the backing material for the sofa but that wasn't even the problem. Now I am trying to no avail to contact ANYONE at Montage that can help me and I'm getting the run around! STAY AWAY FROM ASHLEYS PROTECTION PLAN it's a joke. I had a protection plan on my daughters bed and the "waterproof" pad leaked and therefore voided the manufacturers warranty and Ashley wouldn't honor the protection plan because the pad WAS the entire plan. Not what I was told when i purchased the useless plan.

Mar 30, 2010

WE have been dealing with a bed that Montage authorized for replacement since June 09. We picked out a bed and the retailer refused to order it. Both Montage and the retailer kept blaming each other and now the original 5 year warranty has expired and despite having an approved claim for a replacement bed since June of 2009, they are trying to say the warranty is expired now. I feel that I need to get an attorney involved.

• Zz
      Apr 01, 2010

GO FOR IT AS THEY ARE BOTH CROOKS IN MY EYES!!!

• Na
      May 21, 2010

I purchased a vinyl sofa from barneys and it started to split and crack on one of the seats after having it only 1 year. I found out it was because I was using pledge multi surface to clean my couch I removed a "protective coating". When I called with my claim they said it wasn't covered because it wasn't a one time accident. I thought I was protecting my investment but now I have to pay for a company to come out and replace not just the one but all three cushions because they are all connected. I was 20 when I bought this and I feel like I have been taken advantage of. Montage had horrible customer service.

• Je
      Jun 04, 2010

I purchased a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman from Ashley furniture in Paramus, New Jersey, two months later I had a birthday party for my son. We had about 30 kids in my house. After the party we noticed that the kids damaged the sofa, one of the kids punctured a hole in it with a pen. We called Montage (Thank God we had the protection plan) the service technician was in our house within 24 hours. He noticed that the depth of the puncture was too deep and fixing it would only be a temp solution. He recommended that we get a new cushion only to find out that the set was dis-continoued by Ashley. Montage reimbursed us with $2, 600 in store credit to purchase a new set, but the best part is that we got to keep our old set as well. I Love shopping at Ashley Furniture because they kept their promise and delivered with their protection plan.

• Ne
      Jul 07, 2010

This sounds like a good complaint for the Better Business Bureau.

• Su
      Nov 05, 2010

I will never the purchase from this company again, I called Montage today to give them a list of problems with some of the furniture that was purchased from Ashley Furniture in Fremont, CA. I purchased a whole house of furniture. Well I was told that nothing would be covered because you have to submit your claim within thirty days of noticing a problem. This company and Ashley Furniture is a rip off.

Dec 20, 2016

@sucks big time The same happened with me. They told me it's been more than 30 days after I noticed the problem.
    However, luckily I had put a date with the second incident which was a day before I sent the photos to them. They still denied the claim. Really unethical people. I was pretty sure that they would get themselves kicked real bad in the court, so I told them that I'll go to the court. Hearing which, the rep calls me back and says, "we'll send a technician to your house for evaluation". This company is a real rip off. I am waiting on them to call me back and tell me the outcome of the technician report. I am all set to drag them to the court and teach them a very good lesson if they don't cover the damage in my furniture

• Zz
      Nov 05, 2010

I agree 100% as I have never done bussiness with a CO. like this in my life. We only had 2 Ashley stores here in the INDIANAPOLIS area and one of them went out of bussiness several months ago... When I had my run around with them a little over 1 year ago, they tried to get me to rebuy the INS. on my replacement purchase and I told them that although I didn't beleive that the chairs I bought would last for 5 years, that I also didn't think that they would be in bussiness in 5 years so the INS. would do me no good !!!

Dec 01, 2010

I'm a bit mixed on this one; we bought about $12000 worth of Ashley furniture almost 4 years ago now, with a 5-year warranty that cost about $400 extra. Since that time, they've replaced one of the beds, the dining room table, the desk, sofa cushions and a coffee table. Most recently a knob...yes, just a knob was broken on my 8-piece desk set. Since they don't carry this particular desk set anymore and can't find a knob that would cost about $5.00, they authorized replacement of the entire 8-piece set...$2000+ credit. Unfortunately, Ashley no longer carries anything as nice as what I have, so I'll probably wind up getting about $1500 worth of replacement furniture; however...remember, I only paid $400 for the warranty, I get to keep the 'damaged' desk that I've already replaced the knob on, and I've had thousands of dollars worth of replacement/fixit work done over the past few years. I'll probably just sell whatever I reselect, since the desk doesn't really need to be replaced anyway - hooray for craigslist :). In my mind, the warranty was one of the best investments I've ever made. The real cause of pain here is the quality of the furniture that I purchased; had I not purchased the warranty, I'd have quite a few broken items around the house. Those items that have been replaced probably have about a 5-year lifespan ahead of them. So if you're going to buy from Ashley, be SURE to buy the warranty, don't expect the furniture to last more than about five years, and enjoy the deal. If you can't stand the thought of having to use the warranty, and potentially not being able to use the full amount you originally paid or not being able to get an exact replacement, then you probably shouldn't shop at Ashley or buy the warranty. As I said, I'm a bit mixed; I probably won't buy Ashley again, but I think I've gotten more than a fair shake out of the warranty coverage.

• Br
      May 23, 2011

I'm another who paid Montage for a 5-year warranty but have received nothing after filing a claim, not even a call back or an email after all the forms had been completed. Stay clear of this company!

• Fu
      Jul 29, 2011

you get your origianl retail amount back-- YOUR FURNITURE IS DAMAGED!! why would you get more than what you paid.. why would they cover the quality THEY ARE NOT THE ###ING MFG OF THE FURN!!! that would be the stores issue to deal with READ YOUR PROTECTION PLAN!!

• Ab
      Aug 12, 2011

Please go and complain to BBB.org. It takes less than 5 minutes t owrite the complain. It is much faster than you think. These people will start reponding once the complaint is put in. Do not accept any other offer than a complete refund. I am goint through the same thing with Montage and Ashley theire quality is extremely poor.

• Ca
      Oct 25, 2011

I have the Montage 5 year warranty and I am wondering if they will cover cat urine? I did not get any paperwork with my warranty other than something saying they cover "All Stains". I am hoping they will fix this, since the furniture is only 16 months old!

• To
      Oct 27, 2011

I purchased furniture for my entire house at once 3 years ago. A few weeks ago I filed for a broken arm, ink stains, and ripped cushion on couch- DENIED. Cat scratches on dining room chairs. DENIED. (In reply to the cat urine question above- They told me that if the cat had urinated on the dining room chair cushions they would have covered it, but cat scratches are not covered. So, if they try and tell you that your claim is not covered they are scamming us both). Dresser where the drawer tracks wore out and no longer shut properly. DENIED. Over-sized living room chair has tear in leather and swivel mechanism is broken. DENIED. My warranty paperwork says that all stains, scratches, rips, punctures, and mechanism failures are covered. When I asked her why my claims were denied she said that the couch would have been covered if my child were to have ripped the cushion, but since I did it when removing to clean them it was not covered. She said that the they would cover the dresser if the drawers weren't closing because of a gouge or nick in the wood, not because the tracks are malfunctioning or wore out. She did not know why the chair claim was denied. I asked her to read me the specifics of my warranty and she read exactly what I was reading off of my paperwork... that all of the above should be covered. She said completely agreed with me and is going to re-submit to the claims center. We'll see if she really does this or if she was just saying that to get me off the phone...

Dec 29, 2011

Purchased 5 piece sectional fom Ashley furniture in 2006 told my Montage that it was too stained have it professionally cleaned then resubmit claim... really...?? Pay someone to clean it then resubmit claim when my protection plan covers stains??

• Si
      Feb 08, 2012

We bought a "5-Year Premium Fabric Protection Plan". Now they say it doesn't cover the fabric.

• Th
      Feb 18, 2012

I had a heater in electric fireplace quit working. After chasing down the original invoice and completing the paperwork, I was told it would be a month for a tech to check it out as he was stationed 900 miles away. He did show up when promised, used a vacuum on the heater and it worked -- for a day and a half. Now I'm told it will be another month for someone to return. To add to the frustration, the individual on the phone who sets up the appointment apparently doesn't work for Montage and can't address concerns or issues relating to the delay in service. It just seems it would make economic sense to replace the unit rather than bringing in someone from out of state.

• Ca
      Mar 10, 2012

I bought a sofa, along with 2, 000 dollars worth of other furniture, and the Sales rep was trying to offer me insurance. I did not want it, but I asked if it covered pet damage. He said, 'Yes, it covers ANYTHING" So, I bought Montage Furniture services plan for 50 bucks on my sofa only, specifically because it covered pet damage. Or so I thought. I called Montage today, and they first pretended not to have my account. When I told them it doesnt matter because I have everything in front of me, he magically found my account, then proceeded to tell me pet damage was not covered! A bunch of lying scam artists and I told that Montage I was going to complain to EVERYONE and sure enough, I will be doing this for DAYS because I am not happy about being lied to then told that I am screwed either way.

Apr 27, 2012

Wow i got lucky.. after sending a tech out to my house to try n fix the crap quality ashley furniture she told me parts had to be ordered. I called to check only to be told i had to call the joplin Missouri store since i bought my sectional there to be told by the management my sectional had been discontinued and that montana had to give me back my full purchase price. I then called montage only to have the csm try to haggle with me till i insisted she go speak with her supervisor to get back the whole amount i paid she told me i had to sign a settlement letter now just waiting on my check. But i won't buy ashley furniture again, this made our 4th ashley purchase n once again sub par furniture resulting in cashing out our warranty. Its sad when you buy from store like ashley who used to sell great top of the line furniture one the wood is very thin n knotted, the fabric n stitching are weak n the springs pop with in the 1st month. Sticking with basset

• N0
      Jun 27, 2012

I'm glad I am not the lone ranger on this one. Purchased 2 leather recliners for $1, 000 each and was persuaded to purchase the Montage 5 year Protection Plan for $130. I was told that issues/claims were simple - "...if they can't repair it, they'll replace it with new". Well, the claim was made, it took 2 weeks for an appointment to be scheduled, technician misses the appointment due to his previous one running over but did offer to still come by although it was past 9:00 in the evening, new appointment set and I realized the fact of poor customer service at that time, 2 more weeks before technician arrives, assess the damage to the reclining mechanism, told replacement part needs to be ordered, then today (7 days later) get a call from Montage telling me they can't reach the particular Ashley Furniture store that I made my purchase from so the extent of the warranty terms is for them to reimburse me the $130 I paid for the plan 4 years ago. I am in currently in the process of having to argue my rights for the protection plan I was sold. The actual Ashley store I purchased it from did close but within 6 months a new one opened in the same shopping center (next to the former location). I was told that I could speak with the manager there to see if he would honor my Montage warranty. What a bunch of BS!!! As of my last phone call prior to locating this complaint board, Montage left a message with the service department of the current Ashley Store so I am awaiting the verdict before pursuing further if I have to. Summary is DO NOT PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ON ANYTHING!!! They will never be written in the consumers favor. I am certain there are more individuals with negative experiences in dealing with a claim than positive experiences. Look at this message board - in the last 2 pages I have read two marginally positive responses and the rest negative. Buyer Beware!!!

Sep 28, 2012

Montage sold by OLD BRICK in Albany, NY... Promoted by employee like a used car salesman... 6 month rediculous process... Denied cleaning and/or replacement as the retail employee described... LIES...DECEPTION .. Taking advantage of their customers:(

• Fl
      Sep 28, 2012

Purchased an over priced mattress protection plan because we were told by the Ashley salesperson that our mattress would not be covered under the Ashley Warranty if it was not in perfect condition. To get this protection you purchase a mattress cover from Montage Furniture Services that will be replaced up to four times during the ten year warranty. Well that all sounds great but when I tried getting a new mattress cover today (4 years into the warranty) they stated that my protection plan number was not enough, that I would need to provide a receipt for its purchase, not the furniture purchase, its purchase. When I stated I did not have that but I had the actual warranty paperwork with the plan number, I was told that it was policy that they could do nothing about it. I love a good "that is our policy" cop-out! I am writing to hopefully help other people not waste their money and to hopefully, when the word gets out, help put Montage Furniture Services out of business. It is a scam!

Oct 09, 2012

I'm going threw the same thing but there not getting off easy with me i paid for 5 year warranty an i want my furniture replace they giving me the run around too what they don't know is i got some people for them.First the BBB, then the attorney general office then i will see them in court. Let them explain to the judge why they wouldn't repair or fix my furniture.

Nov 06, 2012

If you are going buy Montage Protection Plan---Extended Warranty make sure you get the brochure and read carefully.
    The Extended Warranty is a joke unless you know exactly what to do make sure you know the reporting period of a claim, or lie and say it happened yesterday. Also, if you have peeling leather or your couch is fading just rip it or cut it with a knife and they will cover it.

Nov 06, 2012

I know how you feel been there it took a long time for me too. What i did was stop talking to the people on customer service an ask to speak to management. Then call BBB an the attorney general office it makes a difference i got it taken care of don't take no for an answer.

Nov 06, 2012

What best to do get your in store credit an sell it to someone else an be done with them.

• Tx
      Jan 30, 2013

we bought a reclining leather love seat and matching reclining couch. That was in 2010 and the extended warranty.I just tried to file a claim today My love seat started to peel on the top of the recliner. I called to make a claim and they said it wasn't cover, and the refused to even send anyone out to look at it. They said that if they sent someone they would have to charge us. I told her that the warranty was a rip off and I would have never purchased it if I would have know this. I am so mad. So we are just stuck with our love seat. I also told her that the other pieces were just fine. I will never purchase Montage Furniture again or from Ashley Furniture.

• Sn
      Jan 31, 2013

This is the most unprofessional organization EVER! They will make up any sort of lie in order to not pay on covered claims. A warranty from them is totally useless so don't waste your money. Horrible service in every respect!

• Tx
      Feb 01, 2013

I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Montage Furniture Service. I know I will never get my Love Seat fix, or replaced, or a refund of my $200.00 for the Extended Warranty. I will never do business with Ashley Furniture or Montage Furniture ever again. They such a RIP OFF. I hope everyone makes a complain to Better Business Bureau and Insurance Commissioner that might be the only way might get be fine or investigated . Good Luck to everyone that is dealing with this Unprofessional Company. I Just hope they get shut down.

• Au
      Mar 27, 2013

I too bought an Ashley sofa which is motorized to open into 2 recliners. 13 months later, one side doesn't work. In comes Montage warranty service to the rescue. Wrong! I have to wait till 30 days before anyone will come out to even look at the sofa. Montage doesn't even get back with you to set up an appt. first one must go through hoops to get them proof that you purchased their service. Lots of faxing. Then you wait, then you call, then your told a repairman will be in your area 30 days later!! Now I read he will have to send away for parts, and meanwhile, my sofa is extended out in the recliner position which looks marvelous in my living room.

The furniture companies do know this is going on yet they contract anyway with Montage. Do they not want further business from us?

• Au
      Mar 27, 2013

I just looked at the rating BBB gives to Montage. A+. That's hilarious. It's 30 days before anyone will show up to even look at it, then how long till parts come in, and then have to wait till the repairman is in your area again for the actual repair, which could be another 30 days. This company deserves an A+ rating? Who's to say those parts will even be correct? It will be months before my sofa recliner will ever work again. Meanwhile it is stuck in the open position and can't be used unless one likes crawling in and out of an open recliner. I will never buy Ashley anything, nor purchase from a store who uses Montage as their warranty service. Another lesson learned.

• Mo
      Jun 07, 2013

My review/complaint is partly about Ashley furniture...and a little about montage.
    I've purchased beds for my kids that have held up great. I have a set of couches that are also still in excellent condition after 10 years, the recliner in the set broke a few years ago though, I did not have the extended warranty. I have another set of couches, some fake leather that have been falling apart since day one, first the staples and the seat was wrinkled, Ashley Furn sent a guy who did a shoddy job, the staples again were popping out, the cushions are now peeling...I didn't have the extended warranty.
    I bought a dining table a year ago, it is falling apart, screws falling out, finish wearing off etc. and this after very light use..for this I have the extended warranty, I bought a bedroom set the same day, did not buy the extended warranty, screws have fallen out an the bed makes horrible noise when you simply roll over.

I called montage about my table, I was informed I should have called sooner and they weren't going to do anything about it...this is an ongoing claim so I'm not going to say too much...I have faxed the claim and have yet to hear back. After reading this, I'm now thinking I'm going to get totally screwed.

I agree with one person who said they had better furniture years ago because my 10yr old couches have held up very nicely, with 3 kids and several pets...at most they only need a good cleaning, but they are solid, same for the kids beds. The more recent furniture has been total crap.

I will update as I deal with montage if they are not cooperative or give me the run around. I suspect they are going to be a problem.Also, they are so strict about their time frame to make a claim but they make you wait a month or more for service?? What's with that??

• 12
      Aug 13, 2013

I think its extremely funny how people react with patience. To the guy who stated that you werent in the system and you magically appeared after awhile. Its becuase the CSR is still searching by the info you gave them. And if you read your plan it states in the protection plan under what is not covered letter Q Damage caused by pets other than bodily fluids. It doesnt take a genius to figure that out and since you had all the info infront of you, you should have seen that. To all the people who complain about the service and how long things take to get resolved. The technicians sub contracted thru Montage are not only Montage techs, they are independent contractors and they service hundreds of claims a week and are busy. Montage has no control over how fast they come look at your furniture so complaining about the tech service is irrelevant to Montage as they send the work order over to them and depending on their schedules they will service you as soon as possible.To the person who is complaining about the parts taking a a bit of a time. When montage orders parts they order from the MFG so if the MFG is overseas like china or korea yes the parts are going to take longer than usual as they will have to come on a container from overseas and MOntage has no control over that, and if parts are wrong they do apologize but they order by SKU# so if that SKU or mfg makes new parts for same sku yes sometimes that wont work and MOntage will work on that with you. There are alot of factors the customers dont see, everything the CSR's talk to you about is just not pulled out of thin arir. THey follow the terms and conditions of the plan. And yes they dont stand behind the mfg and how the furniture is made. These plans are accidental damages only. Just wanted some of the ignorant ones to know what they go thru to service you and do the best. There are factors Montage cant control, so the next time your yelling at them because the quality of the leather you purchased is poor and cracking and peeling or you reported damage outside of the time reporting period just reemeber you are yelling at someone who is following your protection plan that you purchased and they take a beating because you cant read and comprehend. It is the consumers reponsiblity to read what they buy.

• Br
      Sep 08, 2013

Brenda S.
    I purchased a recliner and sofa in chocolate leather- the chair and the sofa are both peeling on the top, the cushions on the sofa are also peeling. I was told this is not covered by the Montage warranty. After many phone calls I received some fabric in the mail, and was advised to have it repaired at my own expense. I feel like this is a rip off I paid $129.99 for the coverage and was told by the salesman that it covered everything. I wish the salesman had been more up front up me, I would not have purchased from them.

• Je
      Sep 10, 2013

They are a big scam and dont ever repair any furniture damaged. Just a big scam.