Modia Home Theater / Fraud and scam artists

1 6808 HornwoodHouston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7137726200

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE. THEY ARE LIARS, CHEATS, SCAMMERS, and anything else you can come up with.

Modia is a fraud and a scam. It's funny how these pages only show positive reviews. Let me tell you my story. On 11/28/10 I ordered a Samsung Led TV $400 cheaper than anyone. I took advantage of GEBank 36 mo. no interest financing and was approved the same day. The online ordering was fast enough. Then nightmare started. It was 12/15 and I still had no TV. Numerous calls resolved nothing. All the reps had the same story about how they didn't have the information and would have a manage call back. Nobody called back. I asked if they were on back order and they said no. They had the stock to deliver. Yet, I couldn't get them to commit to shipping my TV. They told me they had to wait for bank approval, then they wanted me to send a scan of my license, then they wanted me to sign a charge slip. On and on it went. They lied through their teeth. Meanwhile, I receive a bank statement showing that they charged my credit card on 11/28 -- the same day I placed the order. I needed to make the first payment in December and I didn't have a TV. I called the idiots at Modia and let them have it. They offered the same old excuses "I don't have that information, I'll have to check". In the process of reaching GEBank to complain, I found out that these scammers had already charged my credit card a second time on 12/8. Now I owed $2, 450.68 and no TV. I started a campaign of complaints to the Texas Attorney General, IC3 (a cyber crime investigation unit of the FBI), the Houston Better Business Bureau, Houston Police, and online complaints. All this noise got their attention. Then they responded. On 12/15 Modia's shipping clerk called me to say that the TV was ready to ship. He was shocked when I told him to keep it. Who would accept their TV after all this? I'm not done complaining. All the brands they carry will be getting my written complaint. They will have to stop their chicanery or they'll go out of business.

Mj

Comments

• Mj
      11th of Dec, 2010

STAY AWAY FROM MODIA HOME THEATER. THEY ARE SCAMMERS. After 13 days, they have charged my credit card twice and NO TV!!! After posting my original complaint about Modia charging my credit card and not sending the TV I ordered, I called GEBank to cancel the account. During that process, I found out that Modia had charged the account again for a TV they have yet to ship. I called Modia today, and some clown named Ricky, told me the TV is not ready to ship -- imagine, it's now 13 days since they first charged my account on 11/28 and again on 12/8. I'm going to file complaint with Texas Attorney General.

• Mi
      8th of Sep, 2016

Do not buy from this dishonest seller. I tried to buy a samsung 4k tv from them through amazon.com and it was a complete nightmare. I placed the order and Someone from Modia called me and said that the listing was a mistake because they no longer had the tv in stock. They said i had to cancel the order in order to receive a refund. I thought that was weird so i started an inquiry into it through amazon a-z guarantee. When i did that i received several calls from modia daily asking me to withdraw my amazon claim. The claim was apparently hurting their amazon seller rating pretty dramatically. When i would not agree they told me that they somehow found the tv i wanted at another location and that theyd ship it to me immediately. At this point i thought everything had been worked out and i withdrew my claim once i received a shipment confirmation email. They next day modia called me and said that the tv was completely damaged during shipping and since they did not have any more of that tv model they had no choice but to refund my money. I cant prove theyre lying but the situation seems sketchy at best. So buyer beware when shopping at and dealing with modia.

• Mj
      8th of Sep, 2016

They played you to get you to withdraw your complaint with Amazon. It went from a valid complaint about "non performance" to merely an "accident" resolved by giving you a refund. That's how these scammers save themselves. Never accept a resolution that includes a promise to ship. Insist on a refund and keep your complaint active. If you use a credit card call your bank and file a fraud complaint. Do not let these bad people off the hook.