Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa / fraudulent billing
I upgraded my contract in December 2017 to a package which cost R399 per month. In February I realised MTN has been billing me R958. When I complained they corrected the billing to R399 one month later but never refunded the stolen money. When I complained about the blatant theft they ignored me. When I threatened with legal action they laughed at me. When I posted this on social media they admitted guilt: "
Thank you for your post.
We sincere apologized for any inconvenience incurred.
We do pick up the promo fee was over charged with R559.85. The package is now corrected.
The account is credited with R1, 694.28 for the difference in subscription fee from December 2017 to February 2018. The credit will reflect in 3 days on the account.
Alice van der Merwe
It has been two months since and no refund.
More Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa Complaints & Reviews
- MTN Nigeria - puk number request 
- MTN / Recharge Card - over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card 
- MTN - pathetic service! 
- MTN - welcome back 
- MTN Nigeria - mtn share and sell 
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - early termination fee paid off within stated time frame
- MTN Recharge Card - unable to recharge
- MTN South Africa - customer service and scams 
- MTN - retention's department delaying cancellation of contract.
- MTN - nsfwmob