Mobile Connection (Airtel India) / harassment / (demand of extra charges) due to negligence of airtel india

1 India Review updated:

Hi All,

I know that it is bit long story. I tried to shorten the same, read it may be helpful for you.

I beleive that the customers are the best advertisement for the business. Airtel will remain third class serivce provider for me forever.

Airtel is claiming that they are better service provide. But without the shadow of any doubt i can say that they are third class serice provider in the world. They believe in charging there customer for which they are not supposed to be.

Here is my story:

One year back I was having airtel postpaid connection, which was valid for 2 years with some advance rental in Delhi. Now as layman every one will understand that this connection will be closed after 2 yrs or will only be continued with the consent of him/herself.

But in my case, they continued my connection without my consent. I am not even sure about the tariff they applied for me. Based on the connection validity I took some better plan from different operator and stopped using Airtel connection one/two months before the expiry date.

Luckly i did not dispose that SIM card and after 4/5 months I thought to dispose the same. I was surprised to see that it was still active.

Since I have been shift to some other state by that time, I tried to call 121 and asked to close my connection as soon as possible. Customer care said my request has been forwarded and i will get at call from Delhi branch with 24 hours. But there was no call and no reference no. has been give to track the same. I have tired 4-5 time for same within 2 weeks. But Alas !! No action.

Then I sent mail at 121@airtelindia.com and called directly at Delhi customer care. So connection got closed.

Now they are looking for the bill from me for none of my fault. I haven't receive any bill copy thru e-mail/(call at alternative no.)/postal (this can be ruled out, as my address was changed).

Somehow they traced my new no. and I have been threaten by the repersentative(s) of Airtel to pay some amount (appox Rs 1600 and ready to settle at Rs 600) 6 months back. I told them clearly, this is not my mistake and verify with customer care. They started saying some case has been filed bla bla bla. They called thrice and kept quiet.

Now they are repeating the same story these day. I sent a mail to customer care and there is not respose from last 4 days and at the same time they are assuring that they will process my query within 24 hour.

The fate of this case is still not decided, Let us see how its goes. I am planning to file a case against the same in consumer court very soon to set example for these type dakoit.

Here are some no.(s) and name(s) of none-sence respersentative(s):
Ram Niwas (Use to say Jai hind before he start/ close the call) - [protected]
Y.S Yadav - [protected]
XYZ Tiygi - don't remember as this guy called me 6 months back

Thanks for bearing me !!

Comments

Pa
  23rd of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I would like to say u have very bad service. i have airtel line and alwys problem with this line not getting conected. no signal . in the beging was ok now days i face lots of proble. i m from ratnagiri dist india maharashtra.

shame on u

Am
  6th of Nov, 2008

Hi Yashpal. I had same experience today. 9871866470 was saying that he is some Lawyer and did the same thing with me. They are Recovery Mafia.

An
  6th of Feb, 2009

I had applied through your prescribed format towards changing of my address as stated below in the month of Sepettember'08 against my cell no 9957186317 at Dibrugarh, Assam. Despite doing several follow-up with your customer care services at Dibrugarh, till date same has not been amended resulting unable to claim my telephone expenditure at my Office due to non-receipt of bills. I am working in a Central PSU M/s. Brahmaputra Cracker & Polymer Ltd. (Assam Gas Cracker) on deputation basis from GAIL (India) Ltd. and staying in a company lease accommodation at Dibrugarh -Assam in the following address:

Anup Indu Borah
C/o. Dr. (Mrs.) Manzeel Neog,
Milan Nagar, Lane - L (West)
Post: C. R. Building, Dibrugarh - 786003, Assam.

Kindly resolve the issue at the earliest to enable me to get phone bills in the above address.

Regards,

(A. I. Borah)
Cell No. 9957186317

Gm
  11th of Dec, 2009

i have an aitel connection for the past 5 years.iam staying at b.s.layout visakhapatnam here the signal is not at all good.when iam on an
important call it is getting dissconnected.it is very in convinient while iam on a important call.so please get it rectified at the earliest
for which i will be thank ful to you.

Vd
  10th of Nov, 2010

I have taken 9996924470 from airtel 2 months back. Till date they have not activated the number even after submitting all the documents at Kanhaiya chowk, yamunanagar airtel office. The office maintains they have sent the documents to their central office, the central office says they have not received the docs. Very poor customer care, no body should subscribe to airtel services. Company's customer care behaves like telephone operator without giving any solution to customer problem.