MNI Credit Report Services / Fraud and stealing!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Used my credit card to obtain a ONE TIME credit report for my boss. I was NOT informed that there would be a recurring monthly charge of $19.90 for the "monitoring service" that I did not elect to subscribe to. When I called to close the account the customer service rep told me that I was not authorized to cancel the service because the report was generated for someone other than myself. The rep said that REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT I WAS THE ONE BEING CHARGED MONTHLY, only the person that the credit report was generated for had the authority to cancel the service (she stated that this was "by law"). I can't believe that I don't have the authority to cancel something that is being charged TO ME every month!!! What kind of "law" is this?!?! You mean to tell me that there is no law stating that I have the authority to cancel charges being made to my own account?!?!? Unless I obtain permission from a person who is not liable for the debt being created nor is listed on any of my accounts!!!

Comments

• Ju
      11th of Jun, 2008
    MNI*Credit Report Service - I want this stopped now and the money refunded back to my account
    MNI*Credit Report Service

Unauthorized money taken out of my acount. Do not know the address as it is not shown on the web page.

• Ha
      7th of Jan, 2009

The are bunch of lairs, they charge me too I had to close down my account!! They should be in jail too!!!
    hana