Missesdressy.com / Shady Practices

37-24 24th Street, Long Island City, NY, United States

Be forewarned: Even if their website says that you can exchange or return their dresses--you can't! This is a shady online business. The dresses are garbage compared to the pictures on the site, really low quality, and the fit is bizarre, insanely tight in odd places, like around the lower ribs. (I tried writing a review on their website, but it wouldn't show up; their rating system is rigged. I think they write their own reviews, also. If you check out SiteJabber you’ll find a lot of complaints like mine.) When I called to ask to exchange the dress (after discovering that, although their website says you can return the dress, in fact, if you read the fine print elsewhere, it says that "special order dresses"--which this one was, and which most of them are--can't be returned--I was told when I called that I couldn't exchange it either (even though the website doesn't say that), because in order to exchange a dress, you first have to return the dress, which they don't allow. Wow. Great logic, slime balls. Elsewhere in their store policies they use the terms "return" AND "exchange, " but on the phone they’ll act as if those two transactions are the same thing. Please save yourself the pain of doing business with this company.

Le