Milk and Choco

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 by

rip off - clothes not as advertised

China
milkandchoco.com
I purchased two dresses from Milk and Choco in August.

First the shipment took nearly 2 months.

Second, when the clothes arrived, they were of a terrible quality, too large, and just frankly unwearable. One barely matched the picture on the site.

The site masquerades as an American or European site, but after looking on Trust Pilot (where it has a score of 1), it appears to actually be based in China. There are no contact details on the website, their Facebook page doesn't allow direct messaging and they remove any negative comments on their Facebook posts. They have an Instagram account but are not active. They are not present on twitter.

I have emailed repeatedly asking how I can return the dresses, but have receive no response. Other buyers say that they only refund once you have mailed all items back to China, which will cost a small fortune. And even then some people are stating they aren't getting refunds.

Shut this company down. It's a total scam.
Complaint comments Comments (6)    Updated: Complaint country China Complaint category Clothing, Shoes & Acc

Comments

A  16th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with your September 20, 2017, post. The clothes I purchased are unwearable. The quality of the material is beyond cheap, and the workmanship is horrible. I ordered the camel colored jacket. There are no seams on the jacket that are properly turned under and hemmed. The jacket is a big piece of felt material and the seams are "surged" and these surged edges show all the way around this jacket. Something like a Party City inexpensive Halloween costume. After reading other reviews and knowing that it is going to cost me around $50.00 to return these items to China, I threw them in the trash. I am not risking anymore money on this to then have them tell me they can't take the pieces back. In reading their return policy, it states that all items must have the original tags on them to be returned. My items arrived in plastic bags with no tags anywhere. Just chalking this up to a lesson learned. I would recommend staying away from this company.
N  20th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Jamie Gatto I totally agree but would hope that American business would stop them from advertising what "appears" to be nice turns out to look like a bad home ec project. The jacket cost $49 and the return cost would have been $52!
A  18th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Spread the word. This company is a rip off and the clothes are unwearable! Worst quality I've ever seen in a product of any kind. Comes from China so good luck with the return of your junk you paid good money for. SPREAD THE WORD!
N  25th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I received the same camel jacket mentioned above. It was in a plastic bag and was wet upon arrival. When contacted, the company gave me the same line about shipping back to China. The dog may enjoy laying on it but the quality is so poor I, too, will have to chalk it up to a lesson learned. Know where you are buying from before purchasing.
N  8th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Absolutely DO NOT buy anything from this company. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing the Camel colored jacket. It took over 2 months to arrive and it is of terrible, terrible quality. As others mentioned, it was in a plastic bag with no tags - there is no lining, edges have just been surged - will not wear this item ever. Total scam!
A  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I bought a boho dress over 3 months ago and guess what it never arrived and I think it was never sent in a first place.Sent 2 emails to them with no reply at all so I took a snapshot of their Facebook online site and warned others that this clothing company is a scam and for people to share it around .This Chinese mongrels should be stopped and closed down.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree