Milk and Choco / rip off - clothes not as advertised

1 China Review updated:

I purchased two dresses from Milk and Choco in August.

First the shipment took nearly 2 months.

Second, when the clothes arrived, they were of a terrible quality, too large, and just frankly unwearable. One barely matched the picture on the site.

The site masquerades as an American or European site, but after looking on Trust Pilot (where it has a score of 1), it appears to actually be based in China. There are no contact details on the website, their Facebook page doesn't allow direct messaging and they remove any negative comments on their Facebook posts. They have an Instagram account but are not active. They are not present on twitter.

I have emailed repeatedly asking how I can return the dresses, but have receive no response. Other buyers say that they only refund once you have mailed all items back to China, which will cost a small fortune. And even then some people are stating they aren't getting refunds.

Shut this company down. It's a total scam.

Le
Sep 20, 2017

Comments

16th of Oct, 2017
    Best Best Advice +11 Votes

I totally agree with your September 20, 2017, post. The clothes I purchased are unwearable. The quality of the material is beyond cheap, and the workmanship is horrible. I ordered the camel colored jacket. There are no seams on the jacket that are properly turned under and hemmed. The jacket is a big piece of felt material and the seams are "surged" and these surged edges show all the way around this jacket. Something like a Party City inexpensive Halloween costume. After reading other reviews and knowing that it is going to cost me around $50.00 to return these items to China, I threw them in the trash. I am not risking anymore money on this to then have them tell me they can't take the pieces back. In reading their return policy, it states that all items must have the original tags on them to be returned. My items arrived in plastic bags with no tags anywhere. Just chalking this up to a lesson learned. I would recommend staying away from this company.

• Na
      20th of Oct, 2017

@Jamie Gatto I totally agree but would hope that American business would stop them from advertising what "appears" to be nice turns out to look like a bad home ec project. The jacket cost $49 and the return cost would have been $52!

• Wi
      3rd of Apr, 2018

@Jamie Gatto Milk and Choco is nothing but a big scam. My fiancée bought clothes from them and got a pathetic fake ring instead. Messaged them and after 5 days there’s still no response. All the scammers know how to do is to block people from their page so they can continue scamming people!
    Please stay away from this page!

20th of May, 2018

@Jamie Gatto Agree...my dress is totally shoddy workmanship..wrong size zip and the dress is way too small definately not the size I ordered. They have not responded to my emails to have an address to return the dress. They are a scam.

• Pe
      28th of May, 2018

@Jamie Gatto I thought I got the same one ... Im so disappointed with the quality of the cloths and they are unwearable!!! I tried to contact the staff but there is no response

• La
      29th of May, 2018

@Jamie Gatto Yep, I got done as well purchase the camel jacket and it's sizing is all over the place and I might as well be wearing a felt billiard table honestly ...SCAM... tried to return and no reply!!

21st of Jun, 2018

@Jamie Gatto I almost ordered, then decided to research them, and boy am I glad I did! All the wonderful reviews on FB, must be family and friends. I copied this link and shared it on FB. Everyone should share it, at least once a week, and maybe that will shut them down.

• Ka
      25th of Jun, 2018

@Maebarr Oh dear! I thought I did the right research about this company before ordering! Only read positive reviews!!! What is that all about? This is a great lesson and a warning for all of us who tend to fall for these types of ads that just so “happen to appear” on FB feed...

• De
      5th of Jul, 2018

@Jamie Gatto I totally agree, yet my Facebook friends still keep liking their Facebook page, even after I warned them. Here is the warning that I posted on my Facebook page. DON’T be fooled! ⚠️ WARNING!! Think twice before ordering from this company. Ordered this dress for Our daughter for prom. The company appeared to be a reputable American company, with free shipping, free returns, and 100% guaranteed satisfaction. But it turns out it is a Chinese company masquerading as an American company.  The dress we received looked like a Halloween princess costume that my girls wore in grade school, nothing at all like the picture and description on the website. I have attempted to contact them several times by email to create a return and they are not responding to me. In doing some research now, I see that there seems to be a common theme with this company. THEY STILL HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO ME!

5th of Jul, 2018

@Jamie Gatto If it's from China don't order, no confirmation on orders, no response, no customer service, just call your credit card company and have them reverse the charge and send back the items. keep your receipts and billing from your credit card company.

22nd of Jul, 2018

@Jamie Gatto Jamie, oh how I wish I could have read this before I purchased from them... I ordered a dress to have for my vacation...it took probably close to 2 months to get it once I did it was a piece of trash. I typically were between an 8 and 10, the dress I ordered was a large. The picture made the dress looks so cute, however when I got it I couldn't even put it on it fit so irregular the sleeves were so tight I couldn't even get my arms up to my elbows into the sleeve holes... The front of the dress was a button down the buttons went only as low as my belly button leaving the rest of the dress wide open.
    My dress came packaged in a plastic bag no packing slip... No letter or pre-addressed label to return if it didn't fit absolutely nothing came with this dress!
    I cannot believe that they are still in business other than getting a first time buyer to purchase something.
    I hope enough people complain and learn via Facebook not to purchase from this company it is a major scam.

• Ju
      16th of Aug, 2018

@Jamie Gatto I ordered from this company and have contacted them for a week with no reply/no response on returning my items!! I ordered items that could be returned for free and am trying to get info on how to get them returned and my refund and I have gotten no response for since I contacted them. BEWARE of ordering from this joke of a company!

11th of Sep, 2018

@Jamie Gatto I totally agree I had the same experience. I remember their advertisement stated free returns. I can’t even get a reply on the several emails I sent.

• De
      18th of Oct, 2017

Spread the word. This company is a rip off and the clothes are unwearable! Worst quality I've ever seen in a product of any kind. Comes from China so good luck with the return of your junk you paid good money for. SPREAD THE WORD!

• El
      25th of Oct, 2017

I received the same camel jacket mentioned above. It was in a plastic bag and was wet upon arrival. When contacted, the company gave me the same line about shipping back to China. The dog may enjoy laying on it but the quality is so poor I, too, will have to chalk it up to a lesson learned. Know where you are buying from before purchasing.

5th of May, 2018

@Ellen Dermigny I wish I would have researched this company before buying over $150 of completely unwearable clothing. It is literally so itchy and the quality is just beyond subpar. I have emailed now at least 6 times in the past month about returning the items and receiving a refund but have not gotten a response. Since I purchased with a reputable credit card I think I might go through the credit card and see if they have some guns to fight this fraudulent company that should not be in business.

22nd of Jul, 2018

@Magdalena Pietrzak Magdalena, you won't get a reply from this company...I too purchased from this company...they only send unwearable CRAP. This place is the biggest SCAM!!!

8th of Nov, 2017

Absolutely DO NOT buy anything from this company. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing the Camel colored jacket. It took over 2 months to arrive and it is of terrible, terrible quality. As others mentioned, it was in a plastic bag with no tags - there is no lining, edges have just been surged - will not wear this item ever. Total scam!

• Rb
      27th of Mar, 2018

@Sue Dance Wow! This is unbelievable. I purchased an item a few weeks ago and I haven't received any shipping information to track the package. I've sent several emails as well. I am going to report them to the authorities for Fraud and I'm going to report them to the BBB for fraudulent business practices.

22nd of Jul, 2018

@R Booker You're really better off not receiving what you purchased because I guarantee you you'll get nothing but crap unwearable crap!

12th of Nov, 2017

I bought a boho dress over 3 months ago and guess what it never arrived and I think it was never sent in a first place.Sent 2 emails to them with no reply at all so I took a snapshot of their Facebook online site and warned others that this clothing company is a scam and for people to share it around .This Chinese mongrels should be stopped and closed down.

• Ju
      5th of Dec, 2017

I can only concur with above, the Mabel Camel Jacket, which I paid R700 for!! is of the POOREST QUALITY IN FABRIC AND STITCHING!!
    Still waiting for a response from them regarding my compliant... Report them as SPAM on Facebook. Be aware they also trade under other names - check out the images you will note the same clothing.

• Fi
      9th of Dec, 2017

Had a very similar experience. The items eventually arrived and they were so awful I wanted to return them - only no return information was enclosed. I couldn't get any response from them on how to return the goods so rang American Express who I used to make the purchase in the first place. Once they were involved milk & choco emailed me the return address. I then stupidly went to the trouble of returning the order (and additional cost) and have not received any refund at all. I have informed American Express of this and there is nothing they say they can do. A complete scam which payment companies are enabling by serving the fraudulent set up that is milk & choco. I'm shocked that there doesn't appear to be anything consumers can do. I've added a trust pilot review but unfortunately I'm not sure people will see it before ordering- but like me will come across reviews when googling how to return items and/or trying to get to the bottom of it all. Shame on the payment providers for being involved with such a company and enabling their fraudulent practices.

6th of Mar, 2018

I've had a similar experience with a mob called Floryday. They may be affiliated with milk and choco as they have exactly the same scam in operation. Great photos of beautiful clothing appearing to be European but the reality is something entirely different. I've returned the rags at own expense but they're saying they haven't been received so I won't get my money back until that happens. How can these organisations be able to operate?? I've let Facebook aware but they're still advertising. So angry.

• Yu
      16th of Mar, 2018

I purchased prom dress for my daughter. It was poor decision I have made before I read all this reviews. I cannot cancel the order or contact them anything. No respond any email. Cannot make a phone call. I am so mad that he company and the company who advertising them even now this moment.

1st of Apr, 2018

I ordered those lovely looking pink chiffon dresses with white lace top part... as bridesmaids dresses... it's been 2 months with no response to my EIGHT emails that I have sent! There's NO phone number, NO response to the 'help' email address they provide, NO way of contacting them on facebook and NO tracking service for your order. So I have now lost out on $240, I get no dresses, no refund and now I will have to look elsewhere and pay for new dresses. Total waste of time, money and effort! SCAM ARTISTS!! You belong in prison!!!

9th of Apr, 2018

@Kelly Rachael Smith I also agree! Just horrible. The dress I ordered was a beautiful elegant long dress with a high split. A dress that would be fitting for any formal event, and the cost was $40. The dress that took FOREVER to arrive was cheap, cheesy and something I WOULD NEVER purchase. It almost look like it would be found in a discount store. Its soooo ugly, I'm embarrassed to give it to anyone. This company needs to be shut down! Definitely a lesson learned for me!

• Ac
      2nd of May, 2018

@Kelly Rachael Smith We ordered that exact dress and just received it today. We had no idea it was coming from China and it took 3 weeks for us to receive it. It is very cheaply made. It doesn't look beautiful and elegant as the picture shows, and the color is a different pink from the picture. It's completely see-through (even with the extra lining in the dress). Now that I've read these reviews, I'm not even going to bother returning it. I'll just donate it somewhere.

20th of May, 2018

@Kelly Rachael Smith i did get the dress.. piece of crap and the wrong size...no labels and no response on where to return it...they are a scam.

• Br
      31st of May, 2018

@Kelly Rachael Smith Tell your bank, and show them proof that you have been trying to reach them with no response. Your bank will open a claim on them and you will get your money back. Take pictures with your cell phone all the calls you made and print out emails, and mail that back with the claim paperwork. My bank did that for me! Bank of America, best bank ever!

• Br
      31st of May, 2018

@Kelly Rachael Smith Contact your bank. Open a claim. Take pictures of all your phone calls, and emails that you have been sending. Proof that you have been trying to get ahold of them with no response. Your bank will.investigate and give you your money back of they are unresponsive. My bank did, bank of America, best bank!

• Ik
      11th of Apr, 2018

I also need to return an item. They advertise FREE returns but they do not tell you HOW to return other than to email them but they have not responded to any of my emails ... Very disappointed! If they dont facilitate returns they should not advertise that they do. Aside form that the top was actually quite nice, it was just unfortunately too small.

• Oi
      14th of Apr, 2018

I'm almost to enter the credit card details on the page for the pink long dress. But just pop up in my brain that why don't I check the comment of this page first and found all above terrible comments!!! Oh no, so I won't order from this page ever!!! If someone can have pictures of those poor items would be great!!

@Oiyan I have photos.

• Fr
      25th of May, 2018

@Jan McDonald Can I see the photos, too, please? I was about to buy something

• Mc
      16th of Apr, 2018

Completely agree. I purchased a dress-it’s horrible and have been trying to return it for a month. I sent 5 emails with no reply. I wanted to see if anyone was reading the emails so I sent another one asking for information about a dress. Imagine that I got a reply within a day. How can this company still be allowed to operate??

• Wa
      18th of Apr, 2018

The chinese companies bank on there being first orders, and make it so difficult to return you give up, you can find all the same items on Ali express- I have bought many items over the years, clothing was all crap, they take images of the designer original and manufacture a terrible copy. To be completely fair I've got some great sheepskin boots from Ali express just like MOU MOU and some slippers, the rest of the items purchased worked for a very short while or arrived poorly made. Most companies are not trading ethically.

• Xo
      1st of May, 2018

Has anyone filed a complaint with the better business bureau (BBB)? I wish I read these reviews earlier because you guys are all right. The website looks so good but the product is super cheap and does not even fit. I think it would be helpful for this to be escalated to people who may be able to do something about the scammers. I plan to file at this link for the BBB: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

1st of May, 2018

Stay away! This company is a total scam. It took nearly 2 months to receive the dress I ordered, and when I got it, it was poorly made with cheap material, and it did not fit. When I contacted them to return it, all I got was crickets. This company is a fraud and they steal from people. I have reported them on Facebook, and some other sites as well. Hopefully this awful company gets shut down.

• Xo

Hi guys,

I feel the same as most of you do and lost out on cash recently. I filed a complaint so that our voices can be heard here: https://www.econsumer.gov/en/FileAComplaint#crnt (it's the equivalent of better business bureau for businesses outside of US/Canada). It won't guarantee an investigation, but if enough people file, it could get bumped up!

This is what I wrote for my complaint: I am writing to file a complaint against Milk & Choco (https://milkandchoco.com/), a company that seems to be an online clothing retailer that I believe to be a scam. I made a dress purchase (enter exact date), and received it nearly a month later (enter exact date). The dress does not appear as advertised, poorly made and incorrect sizing to their size chart. I contacted the company via their instruction (emailing them at Support@MilkAndChoco.com). The website stated they will respond in 1-2 business days. After over a week of emails (three total spaced two days apart), I searched for their reviews and that is when I found many complaints of similar issues - poor quality clothing, not being able to return items due to complete lack of response from the company. Many people described being scammed out of hundreds of dollars. I hope that the econsumer.gov organization can investigate and shut this company down before more people become victims to their operation. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information. Thank you for your attention and assistance in this case.

7th of May, 2018

I totally agree with other comments - Milk and Choco is a SCAM!. The web site looks professional and the clothes look nice on the models, but what you get a cheaply made items which are nothing like the clothes advertised. I only used them because they were on Facebook and had been 'liked'? NEVER use them. They are a total rip-off! I tried to get hold of them by email, but of course they never reply.

• Zo
      8th of May, 2018

NEVER RECEIVE PACKAGES.
    DO NOT BUY THE THINGS HERE.
    I HAD TWO ORDERS MC#67942 & 67519, PLACED ON 4.5.2018, UPTO TODAY, NO FEEDBACK FROM THEIR CUSTOMER REP. ALSO CREDIT CARD GOT CHARGED IMMEDIATELY ORDER PLACED BUT NEVER RECEIVE PACKAGES

• Zo
      8th of May, 2018

@Zoey#1 Finally, its the tracking moved after a month...

• Fl
      9th of May, 2018

@Zoey#1 Had the same!!

• Fl
      9th of May, 2018

No answer, no delivering, only seeing bad comments...how is it possible they still can proceed like this?