Midland Credit Management / Got rid of Midland
Don't fall for the Midland stuff, especially if you don't anybody.
I got rid of them harassing me by complaining first to my state atty. general's office, who then turned the matter over to dept. of consumer affairs.
Midland responded in a letter to dept. of consumer affairs stating-they would case any collection.
This info is from another site and I used it in my letter to Midland, the same letter which I forwarded to my atty. general's office.
“For starters, they should require, in writing, the name and address of the original debt holder, the account number, the date of the last transaction, and the amount of the original debt. Being consumers, they have a right to that information.”
If the statute of limitations has expired on a debt, it cannot be entered on the consumer’s credit report. If the new creditor threatens to report non payment to the credit agencies, it is a violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
Hope this helps.
More Midland Credit Management Complaints & Reviews
- Midland funding, LLC - Rip off 
- Midland funding, LLC - what is this 
- Midland Credit Management - Scam! Watch out! 
- Midland Credit Management - Beware! 
- Midland Credit Management - Total scam 
- Midland Credit Management [MCM] - installment payment
- Midland Credit Management [MCM] - a debt that was in 2008
- Midland Credit Management [MCM] - called me threatening me to send officer to my house and work. a $1200 debt they said it would be over $ 3000
- Midland Credit Management (MCM) - They claimed I owe almost $400 more than I owe.
- Midland Funding - Unethical behavior