Microsoft Xbox Live — cannot get them to cancel!
This is the scam of all scams done by, you said it; MICROSOFT.
They get these kids to create "gamer tags"...of which, often many are created.
So, not only do you see the fee for 1 account on your credit card...you see several.
So, the kids DELETE their profile, removing the credit card information. But, SURPRISE...you still get billed.
You have TO CALL them and do it over the phone. The problem with this is that you get a representative in INDIA who barely speaks ENGLISH. They ask you about 10 questions...and if you are unable to get one of them right, THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. My son created an account ages ago, has been trying to cancel it for months. Finally, today, I had had enough and got on the phone. I don't know his gamer-tag (he forgets it), I don't even know what phone number he provided. We have had several cel phone numbers since he got the account. So, answering the following questions isn't enough: VISA NUMBER, VISA CARD HOLDER NAME, BILLING ADDRESS - hmm, sounds like it should be enough to me. So, the representative in INDIA told me that the only thing left to do was to call VISA and have them stop the payments from their end. That is absolutely ridiculous. Come on MICROSOFT. Get your act together. Hire some North Americans (yes, this is a recession) and figure this out. I am sure that I am not the only parent out there with this issue. (I have had 4 accounts being billed to my credit cards...)
I support Microsoft in many ways. I have paid them a lot of money in the past - I own a private school with 40 windows licenses...microsoft office licenses...and now, this? They won't stop a $10.16 recurring charge on my credit card? COME ON!
More Microsoft Xbox Live Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - lack of customer support
- Microsoft Billing / Xbox Live - taking money without authorisation 
- Microsoftxboxlivebill - no mine 
- Microsoft - xbox one x 
- Microsoft Corporation - outlook / bad spam filter