MGC Mortgage / very poor start

Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

Our mortgage was recently sold to mgc. I was hoping that they would be a step in the right direction after our horrible experience with our previous company (Ocwen). Unfortunately, that seems to not be the situation that is developing.

After ocwen notified us of the upcoming change-over, I expected to receive a "welcome" letter from mgc giving us our new loan number and other details. However, it had not arrived by the change-over date, so I called mgc to see if they could at least provide an account number for us. They said they had no account information for us and that it might take up to another 10 business days for them to have any information available. I was told to call back after that ten days.

We did eventually receive the "welcome" letter but the information in it was incorrect. I called mgc again, talked to a rep who said she was aware that there was some kind of mixup at the printing company and that new, corrected letters had already been sent out. I asked about an account statement showing our proper payment amount, so on, so forth... She said to expect it mid-month.

A week passes by and we had received no corrected "welcome" letter as promised. I called mgc to inquire about it, and was told this time that no mistake had been made, no corrected letter had been sent, and that the company would need sixty days to research the problem and report back to me. This time around, I was told that an account statement had been sent out, however, and I was given the date it had been mailed.

Wanting to find out why I was receiving discrepant responses each time I called mgc, I called again trying to talk to a supervisor. I ended up calling 8 times over 2 days trying to contact the supervisor (I'm told there is only one supervisor in the office). Not being able to reach her, I finally talked to yet another of the first-tier reps. This time she stated flat-out that no mistake had been made on the "welcome" letter and that I was the one that was mistaken. I took issue with that, and I am still attempting to talk to the supervisor about the situation. This time, as well, the rep told me that no account statement had been sent out (Directly contradicting the previous rep), and that I would not receive one until the end of the month (Contradicting what the very first rep told me). She claims that there is no way for them to send one out any earlier.

They want me to make payments on an account they have not yet been able to substantiate and then say that I won't receive any statement from them until after my payment date has already passed.

This company is trouble. I've kept careful records of every conversation i've had with them and every piece of correspondence i've received. It looks like i'm going to need to call them continuously to make sure things are moving forward properly. This is ridiculous.

Comments

Jun 10, 2009

I may be jumping the gun a little bit (but I don't think I am) -- I submitted a BBB complaint about MGC today. They are attempting to collect money from me without providing any kind of proof that they have a legitimate right to do so. Until they are willing to provide me a detailed account statement, they have no leg to stand on...