MetroPCS Watertown MA Store Manager Julius Yaldo / two phones for two lines offer was not honored.

Watertown, MA, United States

Stay away from this store. I am happy MetroPCS customer otherwise. The store manager
(Julius Yaldo) acts a scam artist. He'll go back on his word and put you in a position to pay extra. Here is my story:

My wife and I got sick of dropped calls and wanted to switch from cricket to MetroPCS. I go into the store and ask the unattentive two sales folks what deals they have. They first ask what I currently have and mention only competitive prices.

I know from online deals about the "two phones free when you switch two lines" and ask specifically for that offer. Then, they show me the flyer and says "yes, if you switch two lines you can choose from any of the phones that are below $99.

I say "OK. I am interested in the ones that are on the flyer, LG K20". He says OK and asks about my current carrier, account number, and pin.

Since I had a phone that I was planning on changing, but not just at the moment (b/c I didn't have the time to configure and transfer my stuff to the new phone), I asked whether I could use temporarily for a few weeks my old phone and then switch to the new phone with this deal. My wife was going to switch right away, the guy working at the counter was a bit confused. I explained it to him a few times. He said, "Yeah, that's not a problem" and started the process.

In a few minutes, while he was working on the process, he called the store manager (Julius Yaldo) and discussed something with a confused facial expression. He nevertheless, continues processing the transfer. In a few minutes, he turns to me and says "Hmmm... he tells me that I won't be able to process this unless you pay an additional $20 for another Sim card!".

I asked why I should b/c the deal he offered and what we've discussed was "VERY" clear. He said, "I don't know, he said so". Then, I said I wasn't interested in paying +$20 b/c that was not what we discussed.

Then, he talks to the store manager again on the phone, and he comes in with an attitude. He says right away "I know what you are doing. When you buy this phone and switch in less than 20 days I lose money. So, you can't do that". I didn't understand what he meant at first and asked to clarify. He said "there are people who get these free phones and switch back again right away. MetroPCS does not reimburse us for these phones".

Not that I needed to, but regardless I said that I wanted to switch and couldn't be held accountable for something some people did. Otherwise, they should revise their company offer.

He insisted that I couldn't use my phone with this deal and "had to" use the free phone. After arguing back and forth over 30 min, I said: "OK, whatever, give me the two phones with working lines, forget about using my own phone". I was already tired of arguing and them going back on their word.

But the story was just about to start !!!

Now he changed back his story and said: "No, I cannot give you two phones". I will give you only one free phone !!! I asked why that is, and he said, your line is already transferred to MetroPCS as "bring your own phone" and therefore does not qualify for the "free phone". This was ridiculous of course because the deal was explicit "switch two lines, get two phones". I came in with two lines and wanted to get two phones. Period.

Noooo, he said. He cannot do that. After arguing another 30 min or so, I got fed up. Needless to say, the store manager (Julius Yaldo) was a complete jerk, making up stories, not honoring their word (several times).

He said "I don't want to have you in my store anymore" and I said, "neither do I. So, make sure both my cricket phone numbers work when I am walking out and I am good to go!". You know what happened, he said, I can't do that. I can give you your account number and pin but you have to go back to cricket to activate this. Re-activate your number with cricket, come back and then I may be able to give you that deal". Can you believe this!!!

I knew exactly that I had to pay a re-activation fee with cricket. And then go back to them??? How frustrating right.

The story continues. I refused to leave the store without at least having two working phone lines, with whatever company, I didn't even care anymore.

After arguing another 15-20 min, he says "as a courtesy, I am gonna give you a deal. You get one free phone, and I give you the other phone for $99". Courtesy! I didn't know whether I wanted to scream, laugh, or cry.

I wanted them to empathize and very calmly asked them to reconsider their business practice. No, arguing +15 min, and he swings another deal. He offers another phone for $45 this time. I say no. +15 min arguing. Now, he tries another scam and asks for +$20 for the SIM. I say no, and insist that I want them to honor the deal on the flyer.

+10-15min into the argument, we all get frustrated. I refuse to leave the store without my two phone lines that were working, not caring about the company anymore. Meanwhile, the other two folks that were working at the counter were explicitly telling me that I was right when the store manager was going to the other room in the back. Throughout the argument, they were even talking behind the store manager's back about how much he was pressuring them, and there was nothing they could do.

Towards the end, they also had to side with the manager. I was totally fed up and frustrated. Who wouldn't?

In the end, after wasting my 1.5-2 hrs, the manager Julius Yaldo said "OK, I will give you this deal only as a courtesy, but I don't want to file any complaints about the store. And the $ difference will come out of the pocket from the guy at the front desk"...

There are a lot of frustrating details I skipped to keep it this brief.

So, stay away from this store. The guys at the front desk are incompetent. The store manager Julius Yaldo is a scam artist who will try to bully you (showing off his tattoos and trying to stare you down like street mob) into a deal you don't want.

Stay away!