Metro PCS / theft and fraud

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a cell phone paid by debit for my granddaughter in May 17 2008. The plan I selected
made my payment 57.15 a m onth. Instead of paying by the month I decided to pay my granddaughter's bill for the year. My payment was recorded in increments of two
six months period totally $351.00 for teach six
months period. I paid Seven hundred and two dollars on 5-17-08. My first payment was due on 6-17-08 and ends 5-17-09. Everything was fine until
12-09 when the phone service was turned off.
We've made several attemps to rectify the situation. We've been insulted as to being told the service is off because you did not pay your bill.
Both the general manager Sam and manager
Lauren in the Arden store of Metro in Sacramento
California has stated they remember when we purchased the phone, but they state we need to show more proof and the proof we have is the metro
pcs contract. Someone has misappropriated my money. If you discontiune my service I want to be refunded my Three Hundred and Fifty One dollars.
You can contract me on cleatusthe1@yahoo.com
I will be seeking legal services if this matter is not
resolved in a timely matter.

Comments

• Ty
      10th of Feb, 2009

The ads read "unlimit yourself" and "permission to speak freely" - but that has NOT been our experience.

We’ve owned and used mobile phones for many years and have used both cellular and PCS services.

MetroPCS knowingly offers service that is sub-standard in order to sell expensive hardware (handsets and accessories) needed to access their network.

They SAY you can try out their service free for one month, when in fact, you have less than one hour (including incoming and outgoing calls billed in unknown increments) to evaluate their service. If their service were standard, 60 minutes of talk time might be enough to determine if MetroPCS is worth the low-cost of service. Unfortunately, MetroPCS service is so poor that calls are dropped constantly and need to be repeated many times just to have a simple conversation.

They SAY you can talk freely, but what they don't tell you is that once the all-too brief evaluation period ends, you are locked into being billed for services that in many cases do not exist; they will not refund the price paid for handsets or accessories.

They SAY they provide "the freedom to enjoy flexible wireless calling" when in fact sound quality is horrendous and service is non-existant in many major cities. (We were without service south of San Juan Capistrano to San Diego and east from Upland, north to Las Vegas.) This is a HUGE liability when travelling and certainly limits ones ability to communicate with anyone, much less handle any emergencies.

They SAY they provide "truly unlimited local and long-distance service" - but that assumes you actually have access to their network.

When, after only 6 frustrating days of dropped calls, no service, and poor sound quality, we attempted to return our phones and accessories and were told that we'd gone over the 60-minute limit. When we insisted this was never explained, the manager of the El Monte CA store, Jesus Vaquerano, refused to listen to us. When we politely asked for his contact information and that of his manager, he asked security to escort us out of the store.

We feel that MetroPCS advertising is mis-leading at best. They lure customers into buying mobile phones that cannot be used and do not stand behind their promises. I now have nearly 300.00 of useless hardware and feel I was ripped off!

We would be willing to join a class action suit against MetroPCS.
    This is what happened to me also. People this is just plain FRAUD
    in this market, we as consumers cannot allow business to treat customers this way...

• Ne
      19th of Mar, 2009

my phone number was disconnected what should i do theres no way to contact and to speak to someone or a representative my normal payment ws due every 26th of the month but every 18 of he monht servie stops.

• Ne
      19th of Mar, 2009

something wrong with your service i paid my bill lasy february 26 2009 and now the service stops yesterday on the 18th of this month march 18 2009 theere a big problem and a brain damages to people when u do that the *99 doesnt help very much because u cannot tell someone from your organization that you are having a very very very poor service whoever is your leader needs to be fired for allowing all of u to have a poor poor poor service

• Me
      15th of Aug, 2009

After reading all of the complaints listed, YOU'VE ALL SAID IT ALL! Not sure how to go about it but I would also like to be included in a class action suit against MetroPCS. On June 26, 2009, I purchased a phone on sale for 169.99(plus insurance) for my daughter. Approx. 2 weeks after purchasing, the whole phone system shut down and asked for a security code. When we purchased the phone, we were told (by Larry at MetroPcs of Quaker Bridge Mall in NJ) that the security code is the last 4 digits of the phone number - Didn't work! When we took the phone in, Larry tried to unlock the phone, with the help of customer service but was unsuccessful. He then advised us that there was nothing he could do and HE could not give us a new phone, we'd have to travel to "corporate" in Trenton, NJ and there, they would give us a new phone. In the corporate office, they gave us, what we thought to be, a NEW phone(however, we found out today when we tried to return it that it was "refurbished"). Long story short, the phone was defective and when we tried to return the phone, the Manager (Dan) of "corporate" MetroPCS in Trenton, NJ advised that there was nothing he could do and that we'd have to have the phone replaced through insurance. Here's the thing...we have to pay $85 to insurance for ANOTHER "refurbished" phone in addition to the $169. we spent alittle over 30 days ago. SHAME ON U MetroPCS!!!

• Ba
      30th of Dec, 2009

I purchased a MetroPCS phone on my pay date which is on the last business day of the month (usually the 30th or 31st). MetroPCS Sacramento set my due date as the 29th of each month which is 1 or 2 days before I get paid. I recently called the corporate store on Florin Rd. in Sacramento to have the date changed. Corporate said to contact customer service as they were the only ones who can make that change and gave me the phone number. I asked if cust. svc. wld be able to make that change over the phone and was told yes. When I called cust. svc., operator #873 informed me that the only way to change my due date is to let the phone be disconnected and remain disconnected for 7 business days. After this timeframe I can go into a MetroPCS store and pay the outstanding balance, request due date change, and pay an additional $5 fee for the date change. Otherwise, I will continue to have my service disconnected for non-payment EVERY SINGLE MONTH for 1 or 2 days and pay and additional $5.00 fee to have it turned back on. ??? REALLY!?? And to adddress an earlier statement about credit worthiness, this was not my reason for selecting MetroPCS. I had ATTWS for 7 years and was paying a minimum of $170 per month for unlimited calling, texting, and internet. Call me crazy but I decided to give my wallet a break and go to a less expensive carrier and pay $60 for all of the same features. Despite my reservations about MetroPCS. The phone and the service itself have not really given me as many problems as I thought I would experience. In fact it hasn't been so bad. HOWEVER, this due date thing is ridiculous. How hard is it to pull up a customers account and enter a new date due?? MetroPCS or GhettroPCS as it is known here, really sucks.

• Fl
      10th of Mar, 2010

Wow so we are all here for the same reason. I believe it is time for all of us to file a complaint with the federal trade commission and the consumer affair department in each of our states. If we do not band together and stop supporting this company all of money will allow them to keep ripping people off as they continue to pay of people who are suppose to enforce the laws they are breaking. I will have a Class Action Law Suit initiated by the first of April. Contact me at FLGElite@yahoo.com. We will not be taken advantage of any longer. First they took the jobs and now our money, when is it enough this company is DONE!!!

• Ju
      26th of Apr, 2010

YOU GUYS ARE ALL PRETTY DUMB IF YOU ASK ME...EVERYTHING YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IS ON THE START OF SERVICE FORM THAT YOU FILL OUT WHEN YOU FIRST SIGN UP FOR SERVICE. SO YOU GUYS HAVE NO CASE. THE RETURN POLICY IS ON THE FORM, THE BILLING DATE IS ON THE FORM, AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS ON THE FORM. SO INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING AND CRYING, WHY DONT YOU GUYS READ BEFORE YOU START SERVICE???? SIGH

• Me
      6th of Aug, 2010

IF YOU PAID YOUR METRO PCS BILL ONLINE RECENTLY - PLEASE CANCEL THAT CARD YOU USED NOW!
    MY SON AND I BOTH USED OUR DEBT CARDS TO PAY OUR BILL ONLINE AT METRO PCS AND SOMEONE STOLE OUR DEBT CARD NUMBERS AND CLEANED OUT OUR BANK ACCOUNTS. METRO PCS
    IS THE ONLY PLACE WE BOTH USED OUR DEBT CARDS.

• To
      11th of Oct, 2010

LOL KIDS NAME IS JUHA I BET U WORK FOR METRO SOUNDS LIKE SOME METRO JIHAD TO ME

• Ab
      4th of Dec, 2010

metro pcs is a rip off company they just stold my payment i just made on november 27 with my credict card and now they saying they have not record of it i was charge 47 dollars and metro pcs is not doing nothing about this to resolve this problem i sinking for a legal action services. i from stockton california any one with this complaints please speak up

30th of Mar, 2018

@abodogk9 My phone was hacked march 30, 2018 . Someone random person added a line to my phone . Never even knew about these rediculous charges until I got 16 text messages saying you changed your account status. Then metro is making me pay for stupid pro rated crap that is fraud [censor] metro sucks I am going back to Sprint

• Eq
      6th of Apr, 2011

hahaha you guys have no case...metropcs has some of the best lawyers ever...thats why they have never lost a case...hahaha

• Ro
      15th of Oct, 2018

I try to get a new plan at 40 dollar a month along with a free new phone im on Disability and I was told in the mesa az store they don't care about that but I need to pay 59.95+the cost of the cell phone 59.99 at this store Cellphone carrier which provides prepaid cell service plans, mobile phones, and accessories.
    Address: 9124 E Apache Trail Ste 2, Mesa, AZ 85207
    Phone: (480) 354-Cellphone carrier which provides prepaid cell service plans, mobile phones, and accessories.
    Address: 9124 E Apache Trail Ste 2, Mesa, AZ 85207