MetLife Dental / coverage is useless, almost nothing is covered under this plan
Met life states high customer satisfaction with in-network dentists. Wrong!! The only dentists they get are ones that are willing to work for sub-standard rates, then they nickel and dime you on everything to make up their losses. And met life, the pre-approvals are extremely difficult to get, and if you opt not to get one, you are at risk because you pay all in that case. Free cleanings are never free. Actual bills often exceed estimates by 50% to 100%. And metlife says they have every right to delay processing of pre-treatment approvals for 30 days. And you can do nothing about it. You dangle. Or you pay the full price on your own. It is actually very much like that advertisement on tv where you are in the dentist chair and your dentist comes back and says, "i'll be back in 28 days!" how true is this!!!
Met life is underhanded and manipulative. If you have a choice, please do not choose metlife - you will be sorry. "claim denied" how can they stay in business? How, because they are crooks.
They are incompetent in the way they handle files and requests. They say they "never received the paperwork". It is a circus. And when a manager does call you back, they just recite the facts that their policies clearly state they are in the right. They have the worst customer service. Stay away.
More MetLife Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer! 
- MetLife Dental - denied services 
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims 
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating 
- Metlife Disability - denied short-term disability 
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - auto insurance / billing / misquote
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - adjuster liar
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - my agent cheated us in order to sale life insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - accident claims