MetLife Dental / coverage is useless, almost nothing is covered under this plan

1 Georgia, United States Review updated:

Met life states high customer satisfaction with in-network dentists. Wrong!! The only dentists they get are ones that are willing to work for sub-standard rates, then they nickel and dime you on everything to make up their losses. And met life, the pre-approvals are extremely difficult to get, and if you opt not to get one, you are at risk because you pay all in that case. Free cleanings are never free. Actual bills often exceed estimates by 50% to 100%. And metlife says they have every right to delay processing of pre-treatment approvals for 30 days. And you can do nothing about it. You dangle. Or you pay the full price on your own. It is actually very much like that advertisement on tv where you are in the dentist chair and your dentist comes back and says, "i'll be back in 28 days!" how true is this!!!

Met life is underhanded and manipulative. If you have a choice, please do not choose metlife - you will be sorry. "claim denied" how can they stay in business? How, because they are crooks.

They are incompetent in the way they handle files and requests. They say they "never received the paperwork". It is a circus. And when a manager does call you back, they just recite the facts that their policies clearly state they are in the right. They have the worst customer service. Stay away.

Comments

• La
      1st of Apr, 2011

I must disagree. I work in a dental office and deal with Met Life Insurance all the time. I never seem to have problems with claims or pre determinations. As long as the necessary information is sent to them they pay in a timely manor. I advise my patients to pick Met Life if there is an option.

• Ri
      4th of Dec, 2011

My employer recently changed our dental coverage to the Metlife "Basic" plan. Now every employee that goes to the dentist complains about Metlife only covering about 2/3 of the out of network dentist's bill (I've seen the Benefit Statements). After looking at the list of network dentists, I can absolutely be sure those guys did not finish anywhere near the top of their class at dental school - looks like a terrorist watch list, really. What kind of skilled, legitimate professional is going to work for 2/3 of the market rate? I am going to drop dental coverage and pay out of pocket (which is what I'd have to do anyway) and keep my same, competent dentist. Metlife - their motto should be, "Don't get Met, it DOESN'T pay!"