Mercedes Benz Of Tampa / No Warranty

Mercedes Benz of Tampa
4636 N Dale Mabry Hwy
Phone: 813-870-0100
I purchased a "Certified Used Vehicle" (a 2002 Porsche 911 targa) with a 60 day 2000 mile Warranty from Mercedes Benz of Tampa on 2/2/09 - After delivery I noticed the right passenger window was not working properly. Their service dept did not acknowledge the problem and no work was performed. I took the car to a Porsche Dealership where they told me it was a power window regulator that was not working properly. I asked them to further explain and Porsche told me I would need a new Power Window motor and that the regulator is attached to the motor. You can not buy it separately, so therefore I need a new Power Window Motor which is covered under the warranty. Mercedes Benz of Tampa is not willing to pay for the repair completely and offered to pay for half of the repair which I am unwilling to accept. They should replace the Power Window Motor. The Repair is $600. When I told them I would write to Action News and the Attorney General to complain, they withdrew the entire offer. Bernie Freedman is my contact and has tried to get Mercedes of Tampa to repair my window and has had no luck in his efforts. I would have expected this problem from a regular used car lot but not from a Mercedes Dealership!!!

N  4th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
After meeting with Bernie Freedman And Dominic Ford of Mercedes Benz of Tampa, they realized and agreed to fix the power window motor at no charge. In fact they were extremely professional about the problem. It was solved in minutes!