Menards / Inventory/Service

1 Massillon, OH, United States Review updated:

Never again will i walk into a Menards anywhere, they don't speak to you when enter the store. Product they say is in-stock ISN'T. Then they don't even try to get you to order it if you want it. This place is worthless. Home Depot and Lowes you have nothing to worry about. You have a shopper for life.

St

Comments

Al
  12th of Jul, 2009

My husband and I traveled from the northern tip of Stark County to go to Menards in Massillon. I don't know what happened to your experience - We were greeted wonderfully, great customer service, friendly, clear environment and knowledgeable. We'll travel it again real soon, as Lowe's and Home Depot has nothing on Menards. I was so worth the 30 minute drive one way.

Me
  25th of Jul, 2009

I work in a WI Menards. I say Hi to people constantly, and many ignore me completely (some even looking at me as if saying hi is odd). You can't tell me 90% of customers even want to be bothered unless they ask for help, that's just a pissy complaint. Besides which, most customers don't WANT to order things out, I get ignored when I even ask half the time...not to mention the fact that a customer couldn't possibly just ask if they can order it.

I say HI to customers, I check the stock and then call the department to see if we have it, and I've check stock for other stores and had them hold stuff for customers. To say we don't make the effort is ridiculous. Every retail store is going to have some level of inventory issues, whether it's due to theft, unrecorded damage, or being rung up wrong in the registers. We do our damndest people!