Menards / customer relations

My recent and last trip to our local Menards proved to be a lesson in patience as i don't believe i've ever been as mad in my entire life.This complaint deals with my treatment at their "yard"security check out. Having purchased 100 red edging blocks, and driving to the "yard" and loading them, when i returned to the guard shack Rachel informed me that these were the wrong color..i said" what do you mean"thinking she was kidding, she said these are red/black...I said what ever they'll work o.k...she informed me i'd have to do return on these and get a new invoice. I said" there the same price" she said it messes up the inventory count. Well i guess Rachel had a point there, but my issue was where she wanted me to go was on the other side of the store with a two year old in tow no less.And i must say i didn't enjoy the tone she took with me as she started to order me around like she busted me for grand larceny{ i.e color discernment)so i backed out of line, parked went through the store to get the new invoice.Told the clerk what had happened they gave me a new ticket went back to the yard, got back in line to see Rachel where upon she informed me this ticket wasn't vaild and was ordered again to park .She told me i'd have to go and get this ticket fixed.I told her i wasn't moving and get the manager.After 10 min someone told her it was o. k. to let me out, but i wanted to see the manager and went in and tracked him down on the other side of the store of course ... he nodded and said sorry and that was it.So we (two yr old in tow) walked across the store for the 4th time and 40 min in our sentence for having red/black and not red( and let me say there's not much difference) back to the truck back in the line to see Rachel who true to form counted the bricks for the 2nd time and announced we were FREE TO GO where by now i was more then just a little annoyed and wadded up the invoices and scored 2 points in the guard shack but just showed Rachel "one" for which later i regretted. Menards needs to remember you build business one customer at a time and thats how you lose your market shares to Lowes and Home Depot.

D  6th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
well yea its annoying but you did get the wrong color and she has to follow the policy what guests need to understand is that regular employees will get written up and fired if they just let the customers have their way. you may think it is wrong and we may too but it should not be expected of us to have to do what you want and get in trouble.
N  22nd of Jun, 2009 by
YES! exactly what I was gonna say sara.
N  5th of Jun, 2011 by
you picked up the wrong thing and its thier fault i dont think so you messed up and if she let you leave with the wrong thing thats her job so i guess u dont care about her or her job after your mistake just as long as you get you way how rude the bottom line is you ###ed up and want menards to turn thier heads and kiss your ### no matter whos job is at stake your a damn ###
D  5th of Jun, 2011 by