Memorial Hermann Hospital SEScheduling

On January 10, 2017, my doctor sent an order to Memorial Hermann for a procedure. Memorial scheduling contacted me on January 17 to schedule the procedure for January 28 @ 8:30 am for the 7789 SW Fwy ste. 150. I explained to the scheduler that whenever the doctor schedule in hospital procedure the address is 7600 Beechnut. She told me that I needed to go to the 7789 SW Fwy so I called my transportation to change the location to 7600 Beechnut. The next day scheduling called to schedule the same appointment so I told her it was already scheduled. She look at the schedule and replied "Oh, you have been scheduled already. Then was told to go to 7789 SW FWY for the procedure therefore I had to call my Transportation again to change the location. On January 27, 2017, I received another call from scheduling telling me she needed correct the appointment and orders. She told me I needed to go to 7600 Beechnut, they needed to get my Physical Notes from my neurologist, rescheduled me for January 30, 2017 @ 7:30 am and they needed to wait for my medical records. Since I am allergic to IVP Dye, my doctor pre-medicates me to tolerate the procedure.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Houston, TX My doctor started medicating me January 26 to prepare for the procedure now he will have to pre-medicated me again. This hospital has incompetent scheduling representatives and medical people. They do not care that the procedure is needed to provide orders on how to help the patient. I am on some pretty heavy pain medication so their mistakes prolongs the suffering for patient. Therefore, the patient needlessly suffers! If this was the first incident, I would not be so upset but it previously happen. In 2015, the Neurosurgeon requested the same procedure where they schedule me for the procedure and had me go to wrong place. Then the orders were faxed over to another incorrect department and took a week to get the procedure. When I went in for the procedure for 7:00 am, they forgot I was there so it was 4 - 5 hours before they realized it. I was in tremendous pain without being able to get pain meds. To apologized for their incompetent error, I was given a plant for what they called inconvenience. Then I received a call from their business office 3 months later threaten to send my account a Collection Agency because my Insurance did not pay the full bill. What is scary is they scheduled me for an incorrect procedure that could have caused more health issue.

• Updated by karlecia, Jan 27, 2017

Although this complaint is about Memorial Hermann SW Hospital, scheduling is handled by the same department.

Ka