Membership 2% Reward Costco / upgrade of previous to membership to reward card

Canada

We went to customer service in Red Deer Alberta Canada to renew our membership and we were asked to upgrade to the Reward 2% card. The girl explained it to us and we agreed to upgrade.
It wasn't till Jan 2017 that I noticed that we had not received our refund cheque yet.
On Feb 14/2017 I called customer service and was told that the cheque was returned. Not sure why address was correct no explanation really given. Was told that the cheque would be reissued and take about 6-8 weeks.
April 3 /2017 Follow up regarding cheque for still not received and was informed that the cheque was issued and sent
April 24/2017 still no cheque in mail was told again that the cheque was issued Was also told that if I had not called we would not of received a cheque
April 28/17 Cheque was in the mail
We just find this whole situation very unacceptable. Yes the cheque was returned, not by our knowledge but for it to take almost three months to reissued is crazy. The issue date on the cheque states March 9/17
We thought this was a good idea but in the end it is more of a hassle than what it was worth. We will probably be going back to just a basic membership

Ka