Melaleuca / charged for something didnt want

1 yellow stone HwyIdaho Falls, ID, United States Review updated:

I was wanting to start working at home. Went on my facebook saw one of my friends who I had gone to school with known for a while, was looking for busienss partners to work at home. I inquired with her and fille dout the paper work but then thought about it for a day realized I didnt want to pressure people into buying products and then ask them to recruit people to sell the products also. called her with in the 3 day limit I was given to change my mind and told her I wasnt interested and to cancell my paperwork. She told me she had called and it was done. They dont tell you in the fine print that they also require a letter signed by you to close your acct. So now here it is a month and a half later and I am having checks bounce becaseu they automatically shipped me my monthly order which I have never placed an order or gotten anything from them. If you dont order something they just send you stuff and charge you because they require you to accumulate so many points a month. Stay away form this company!!!

Comments

• Lu
      6th of Feb, 2009

well, I've delt with melaleuca and yes they don't mentioned to you thay you need to mail out a letter! well i mailed that out! personally i liked the products only, problems is over priced! They do mentioned if you dont make your monthly order then you will be sent a back up order that is totally, is not what you want! and you can always change it! Not only that dont ever deal with annie carter! they also promote the work at home united program witch is so funny! because the whole training process all they say is you dont do anything just gather a list and and follow was scripted and convinced them to take a call with you ! and thats how they get you!
    after, they also said that you will be with some kind of mentor! which never happened! no process was done..
    meleleuca is fine.. just have to be careful and read everything and ask the questions to the right people!
    JUST DONT DO THE BUSINESS ! WORK AT HOME UNITED!

13th of Aug, 2009

Stories like these keep bringingme back to the same point of peopl eneeding to take personal responsibility for what they are signing up for and agreeing to.

Patty and lulu, Im sorry you werent told the entire process. If you need a mentor in this business that values full disclosure and truly will help you to your goals, let me know...

• Ac
      4th of Nov, 2009

I was a member of Melaleuca for a year but found in order to keep my director title I was spending more money than I was making each month and also found it dificult to order 70 points each month so with our finance the way they are now I decided it would be best to cancel my memership. I followed the rules sent a letter in writing an email and a phone call but still Melaleuca sent a "backup order" charging my depit card $61.50 causing our bank account to be overdrawn and our insurance payment to bounce and of course our bank charged us fees. I have called email and wrote Melaleuca on this issue over and over again and no one will help I even sent the "backup order" back unopened products untouched and Melaleuca still will not refund us our money they can't even take the time to speak with me or send a letter.

• Ne
      11th of Jan, 2010

I think this complaint is all a bunch of crap. For those of you who have actually taken the time to read this far into this website please notice that most of these are just copied and reprinted several times under several different email addresses. They may be slightly changed but this is just someone who is vicious and has nothing better to do than to try to influence a stranger with their twisted stories.

• Nl
      11th of Feb, 2010

Melaleuca will give you your money back for any product that you dont want used or unused.
    I find it hard to beleive that they wouldnt refund the money for your backup order as I have cancelled in the past and got a backup order, called and they told me to send the order back and refunded my money.
    Not to mention that the backup order is stuff that you would have used anyways, keep it, use the products. They wont be sending any more, after you cancel your account.
    And ferther more, if you cant afford to have your order and insurance payment come out at the same time...maybe leaving the business was a mistake.

• Tr
      8th of Jul, 2010

ACDof3, You must have 75 points to be an active Director. There is no way to get 75 points from Melaleuca for less than $80.00 so for you to say you were a Director and then to say they took out $61.50??? Sorry, your numbers are not adding up.

I agree with NLR, in our experience Melaleuca refunds very quickly and is fast to help whenever they can.