Medco / Refilling RX without authorization

OH, United States Review updated:

I have mail order prescription through United Healthcare Medco Pharmacies. In February they sent me a refill on a prescription that I did not request and that I don't need. I was charged a $40.00 co-pay through my Health Reimbursement Account. I called and told them I didn't order it and they said they couldn't take it back once I had received it and I would just have to pay for it. This reduced the funds available in my HRA.

Now yesterday Medco has sent two more refill prescriptions that I did not order and that I don't need. I was charged again through my HRA. One was a $40 co-pay and the other was $37.72. I again called Medco and spoke to Rose who transferred me to her Supervisor Vera. She said since I didn't pay for it out of pocket (only thru HRA, ) they couldn't do anything about it. They refused to reimburse me for prescriptions that I hadn't asked for, refused to take them back and told me I'd have to talk to my Health Reimbursement Account about it. This is now $117.72 in prescriptions that I have received and have had the funds taken out of my HRA. While I didn't pay for them directly, that is now money that I can't spend on other medical care.

I believe they are purposely sending prescription because they think I have no recourse with a credit card company. My complaints are met with "there's nothing we can do" and refills continue to come on expensive medication I don't need.

When I told the Supervisor I was going to file a complaint with the OSBF, she said she could take care of that for me. What? Again, I think another way to ignore my complaints and get away with charging me for something I didn't order.

What recourse do I have when a company is sending me prescription refills that I don't order and are charging me for them? This seems to be a way for the mail order pharmacy to make more income.

Comments

• Ar
      22nd of Jul, 2011

Medco sent me medication And It Was Already Opened!!!

14th of Apr, 2012

Nope. I'm NOT signed up for Auto Refill. I double checked that. And I never asked for the refill. So you can SAY that's the only way they can refill, but I didn't authorize it and they refilled it anyway. I have had so many little problems with Medco that I'd rather deal with my local pharmacy from now on and pay more for the 30 day supply. Medco is an unethical company and they aren't regulated enough. They wouldn't have this many complaints if there was more oversight.

• Sp
      2nd of May, 2012

Nope. I had them change my prescription and send it, never telling me they were changing it.
    Then they only have machines answer their calls. Actually have the machine say- sounds like you had a problem, sorry about that.

2nd of May, 2012

First of all, I'm not your Honey, WHYTHELONGFACES. Second of all I didn't make a mistake and neither did SPRINGSHEEP. YOU deal with it and move on, sweetheart. You obviously work for the company and don't have any credibility here. Shoo, fly, shoo.

2nd of May, 2012

All I hear is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Just because you work for "a pharmacy" doesn't mean you know what happened in my case. The facts are the facts. Live with it HONEY. Why do you feel the need to respond to my complaint if you don't work for Medco and don't know the facts in my case? You just sound defensive and sound like you don't have anything better to do with your time than respond to something you know nothing about.

2nd of May, 2012

By the way, I got my money back. If Medco didn't make the mistake then why would they have refunded me my money, HONEY?

Blah, blah, blah.

2nd of May, 2012

whythelongfaces is a site troll, he likes to argue with all the ops for kicks

2nd of May, 2012

ahahaha, a troll calling someone else a troll, pot meet kettle. nice try elfkin

• Br
      2nd of May, 2012

The very definition of Lidman is troll. Don't believe me, look it up.

blah blah blah elfkin

2nd of May, 2012

Meet the queen troll brenda.

3rd of May, 2012

Ah, so WHYTHELONGFACES really doesn't have anything better to do. Must be unemployed and sitting around on the computer all day. Or he's stealing time from his employer by posting while on company time. Either way he's a lowlife...

• Ju
      3rd of May, 2012

...People, act like mature adults PLEASE. (Says the teenager).
    I'm trying to glean a bit of truth from this thing here and all I hear is senseless bickering.

• Br

Everyone pays the piper.

• Gr

WTF is a nonnie mouse!?

• Gr
      5th of May, 2012

OH you are so sweet!!! :D

25th of May, 2012

Today, I received a mail-order prescription from MedCo. I never ordered or Ok'd a prescription to be filled by MedCo (it wasn't even the correct strength). MedCo claimed that my doctor authorized the prescription. I told MedCo to cancel my account, do NOT refill or contact me again. I called the Doctors office said they had received a fax refill from MedCo.

I called my Doctors office and told them to never authorize MedCo and to ALWAYS fill my prescriptions at our local pharmacy.

If I receive another prescription in the mail, they are gonna wish they never did that. LOL!

MEDCO SUCKS! PONZI SCHEME!

26th of May, 2012

TO whythelongfaces -- you must work for MEDCO or enjoy people who get screwed by these companies. If you can't say anything nice or offer any help to those of us getting ripped off by MEDCO, please just go away. I've been reading up on law suits against MEDCO. This company is bad news.

27th of May, 2012

To Why the Long Faces: 1) I have never used MedCo. 2) I do not have an account, so I obviously do not have autofill. 3) My insurance company is NOT associated with MedCo and therefore, NOT required. 4) I have known my doctor for many years. 5) How did this happen? I have no clue. I cannot find out until Tuesday because of the long weekend. 6) I can count the times on ONE hand that I have complained about a company and their wrong doings.
    You know nothing about me (thank gawd). You are type of person/IDIOT I do not want to know. I have no idea why you want to spread misery to others and stick up for the illegal activities of MedCo. I intend to find out WHY this happened and make it right.
    Have a nice day.

27th of May, 2012

To Why the Long Faces: I just checked your 1, 492 COMMENTS. You have quit the rude, pernicious and egregious reputation on this board. I'm guessing you are a liberal Democrat.
    Have a nice day. Karma is a ###.

• Di
      27th of May, 2012

Whythelongfaces continues to post venomous comments.

27th of May, 2012

"Whythelongfaces continues to post venomous comments."
    And on all types of subjects! Sheesh! It must be nice to be a narcissistic know it all. LOL!!!

• Yc
      19th of Jun, 2012

Medco is absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with!! If your considering using Medco you may want to explore other options. I have no choice but to use Medco. If I had a choice I would NEVER EVER be Medco. Their customer service is bad, their billing is horrible.