Mba In Icfai / cheating and arrogant

1 India Review updated:

it's been 6 months since i taken MBA. when i approached for the books there answer was a blaming game. so when i en quired regarding the issue . they were rude and asked me to do what i can ..' this is ridiculous.' icfai takes no responsibility of the students all they need is money. they r cheaters.... so i appeal people not to go for icfai for MBA program. my fight is still going on. lets see what happens.

Comments

Yo
  13th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Hey probably, before joining the institute you can check with the alumni of that particular institute from www.icfaitribe.com, its community for icfai alumni, they better know about the institute and can give u better suggestion before you join into.

Ra
  30th of Dec, 2007

Hi Manoj,

I certainly appreciate your achievement as "The Best Outgoing" student of 2007 in ICFAI.

However I have 2 questions to you,

1. Why the so called world class MBA institute ICFAI, did not have AICTE approval? Are you aware that AICTE approval is mandatory for all Engineering, Technical and Management education institues, for more information check AICTE Act, 1987 of Govt of India.

2. To offer any distance education in India, the institute must possess an approval from Distance Edcuation Council (DEC), the brilliant ICFAI, named its distance education program as Flexible Learning program and offers distance education. For more information on this pls check "Vide Clause 16 of IGNOU’s Act approved by the Parliament and Statute 28".

Please make a note that if tomorrow AICTE or DEC cancels the degree offered by ICFAI, your MBA will have no value. Please ask ICFAI about it, they will not have any answer.

Regards,
Raj

Pa
  5th of Apr, 2008

I also requested them to change my campus, but they didnt. They said its against institutional policy but they have changed the campus of students. I myself had read there mails in which they have accepted the request. They just ran behind money.

Ch
  24th of Apr, 2008

i want to know which course best in MBA. I have completed M.Sc., chemistry. please reply me

30th of Apr, 2008

I am also pursuing MBA through ICFAI. I completed till group G, gave exams for group H. Subsequent to this there are 4 more papers and case study.

Many of the complaints floating on ICFAI MBA appear to be valid. But i would like to see from the other side. This helped me come this far.

When i started i did not check all the certifications and all. I just joined. after completing the financial management course, i could invest and get back my fees through stock market. I am a very mediocre student and i could do this.

The actual value of the MBA degree is not in certicications but in the knowledge imparted and this is what is looked for by private institutions.

I feel that if one sincerely completes the course, he/she tends to benefit from it.

Rb
  2nd of Jun, 2008

i am babu.my enrollment no is 010840795.study center code 2507 voc college.tuticorin. i compleated my mca degree in the year of 2004.but yet not receive my mca convocation.i received all my marksheet and provisional. i send register post regarding this convocation complaint. i also send convocation fee 200 Rs dd.what is the procedure to get my convocation.

23rd of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

the icfai i think is the worst institute.They don not provide sufficient study material to students always
give questions in the exams out of the course.I have complained about it but they are not ready to listen.

emplyoees working in icfai are very rude and illmannered and just for the sake for some money they give wrong information and play with their carrer. icfai just want money i thing we should all unite and take some strong action against icfai and should not let them play with students carrer. let"s do it guys

Zu
  13th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Yeah ICFAI is worst institute.I just advise every body not to join this institute.

Xy
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

because of icfai, i lost my year. they only asks for money and have bad lecturers in most of their centers.they do too much of politics with the students.they try to make your cgpa down, so that they can take high amount as re-exam fee from you.also they create an issue in campus transfer.their infrastructure is pathetic and degree holds hardly any value

Jo
  16th of Aug, 2009

Friend!

You have joined the course by committing certain financial obligations. You wish to discontinue for your personal reasons. Obviously, the onus lies on you to convincingly represent your case to correct authorities. No reason why a genuine request is not acceded to. Try again. But also consider, the benefits in somehow arranging payment and complete the course. Of course, all is upto you.

So
  6th of Oct, 2009

hi friend
I am soni mishra .my enrolled no 6010020901491.I do not want to continue this MBA program .I have been sending mail on contineoues basist that i want to discontinue this MBA course .please do not persent the cheque in my bank account but every time the cheque has been repersenting in my account and every time bouncing charges are leived. so plz somebody suggest me how to get rid of this. and help me to find some best solution .

25th of Oct, 2009

Dear Soni Misshra,
You may join the program with intent to pursue. You seem to have joined with financial commitments that come with it. As you now intend not to continue, make a request for discontinuance justifying your reasons. All the best.

St
  19th of Apr, 2010

Dear Mr. Vikram,

Please indicate the program and the enrollment number to ssd@icfaiuniversity.in so that your grievance can be looked into.

SSO
Student Services Department

Ag
  28th of Apr, 2010

Dear Friends,

Concentrate on study rather than spending time posting complaints. If you have any issue then go and approach it to authority.

All the best

9th of Aug, 2010

Hi,

Myself Suresh,

I have joined MBA ICFIA, by paying my FULL course Payment for all three years.

But now from last 02 years i have cleared only Group A, last three atempts i have written group B C but my marks is as in all the morning session i am passed around 60 marks but all the second session is just 44 Marks.

This is happed more than 04 times. even recounting is not helping.. I am dam sure that i have written well scoring high. but something is intionallly done...

Is there any way if i discontinue i would get my money back.

10th of Aug, 2010

Dear Mr.Suresh,

You did not indicate the enrollment number for necessary verification and action.

You may also write to ssd@icfaiuniversity.in or contact us over toll free no 1800 425 2911 or 1800 103 0303 for necessary clarification.

Student Service Department

An
  17th of Aug, 2010

Dear All,
I am also one of the frustrated students of ICFAI (MBA) Distant Learning Course.

1. I was failed in Group G (IT and Systems) 2 times, one of them by 3 Marks. I am confident enough that I answered questions correctly. It is beyond any acceptance that, 3 Marks cannot be given in a subjective paper. This seems a clear strategy of failing students from 3 Marks.
2. There is no disclosure of the marking strategy. In Objective paper, there is no indication of marks on one correct answer, one incorrect answer (negative marking). In Subjective Paper there is no specification of the word limits on the answers, putting no limit on the detail to be written in answer. Thus keeping students in dark, and following some mysterious marking strategy and failing by just 3 Marks (Which can be given as GRACE Marks also) is a complete educational FRAUD.

I have already completed my B.E. (Computer Science) from Rajasthan University with 80%, and M.Tech. (Information Systems) with 75%. Thus there is no question on my credibility and competence of completing the course.
However with:--
1. Non disclosure of marking strategy and word limit for subjective answers.
2. Failing Students with 3 Marks in Subjective Paper.
3. Not a good amount of students completing the courses(If minimum 30% students do not complete a course or pass a particular question paper, that courses or paper are invalid according to the law.)
4. Majority of people complaining about the money extracting educational Institution, without any help to students.

ICFAI Correspondence Courses Credibility is totally on stake.

I have also mailed for re-evaluation of my paper, previously also, but there is no response of any mail to SSD@...

My EnRoll No is MBA2062789, if anyone can help.

18th of Aug, 2010

Dear Ms. Aditi Mishra,

We verified with the University authorities regarding your grievance. For your reference, the Passing Criteria is given below:
Passing Requirements
• To pass in a Group, a student must secure an average of 55 percent marks for the two subjects in the Group, subject to a minimum of 45 percent in each of them.
• If a student secures 65 percent or more in one of the subjects of a Group, but fails to get 45 percent in the other subject of the same Group, he/she will get exemption from the subject in which he/ she has secured 65 percent or more. When an exemption is secured in one subject, the candidate must secure a minimum of 45 percent in the other subject in a subsequent sitting to pass in the Group.
• Whenever a student is granted a waiver in one subject of a Group, such students will have to secure 55 percent or more in the other subject to pass the Group.
April 2010: You appeared for only One Subject, contrary to your claim. You secured 46 Marks and failed.
July 2010: You appeared for Two Subjects and scored 47 and 43 Marks respectively. Your Group Total is 90. However, as per the passing criteria of the University, you should have scored 110 Marks to clear the Group. Therefore, you failed by 20 Marks and not by 3 Marks as claimed by you.

Examination Department

At
  20th of Nov, 2010

i agree with majority of the complaining students. but i have seen few lucky people to clear all the mba papers in more or less 2 to 2 and half years time! i am telling them plainly "lucky" because some of them are below average students and icfai exams really doesnt prove a candidate's potential! the marks come very average, if u pass it just 55%, the necessary pass mark, if you fail thats also very close. again if you fail in a group its probable you would fail for 2-3 times. recounting never helps. never heard of anyone who got marks increased by recounting, which is also very suspicous when icfai has the largest number of students!! one reason for failing the majority is the Rs. 1000 they collect per student per group in exam registration. ICFAI SUCKS. they are audacious! how can they apply their mean business formula in a mass rate? no other "reputed" institute gets so much complaints from its students, which automatically prove their guilt. why the government is not taking any action against icfai? no they should not cancel the mba from students but they should stop the enrollment of new students to the mba course of icfai immediately .

An
  9th of Feb, 2011

My name is anuja and enrollment # 6010020922295 n have given group b exam for orgamizational behaviour n secured 64 & 66 in ppr 1 & 2 and I wasn't able to write the second subject & have nt been given exemption for organizational behavior as I scored 65%. pls assist.