Maybank / kawanku phone banking

I've come here to complain about maybank's customer service and their ivr system. I have tried contacting them via the online customer service page, but, every time I press submit, i'm taken to a blank page. We've never had a response to our messages so i'm pretty sure they are not getting through. Ringing them is very frustrating as they have a hard time understanding australian english and i'm having an equally hard time understanding malaysian english.

The problem we are having is with calling kawanku phone banking from overseas. Here is the message i'm trying to convey to them:

"this email is for your technical department:

Calling from overseas, we are still experiencing no end of problems trying to get a tac via kawanku phone banking. The problem is that, most of the time, the ivr system does not respond to the digits dialled. We keep getting the message "i'm sorry, I did not get any response".

Then, after trying a number of times and wasting money in call costs, all of a sudden it will work as expected. I have tried a number of different phones and different dtmf methods (Rfc2833, info, avt, auto) to find one that works reliably, but to no avail.

Would you please ask your engineers to have a look at which dtmf methods the ivr responds to and maybe make a wider selection available so that the ivr will respond to more phones. The most common is rfc2833 so they should make sure it works with that. A lot of people call via voip these days, especially from overseas, to save money. It would be nice if the ivr worked reliably with a number of codecs, the most common ones being g711a, g711u and g729.

Although the system may work well from within malaysia, please ask them to also consider their overseas customers.

Thank you for your help. "

Maybank Group / Malayan Banking Berhad Logo Maybank Group / Malayan Banking Berhad
Customer Care Service