Mavis Discount Tiretire service

Brought my wife's car to Mavis Discount Tire located at 4549 Milford Rd, East Stroudsburg, PA 18302 to fix a simple flat. We were told that the approximate cost would be $20. After all was said and done, we ended up paying $168.50. "Why" you ask? Because once again they broke one of the lugs while taking the tire off.

So far we've been to this tire store about 4 or 5 times, and at least 3 of those times there was a problem broken or missing lugs. I can certainly see why Consumer Reports magazine rated Mavis Discount Tire as one of the worst places for tires and service. I spoke to the store manager and told him to check his computer records and he will see all of the lug nut problems we've had but he insulted my intelligence by giving me some lame excuse as to why we wound up with another broken lug.

After a long conversation with him, he gave me a business card for a free synthetic oil change (worth about $45); but what good is it? I don't feel comfortable at all anymore having these people work on my cars.

Needless to say, we will never visit another Mavis store again...NOT EVER!!

Jo