Massage Envy / you get what you pay for
One should always pause to reflect on the value of signing up for a year long program because once you sign on the dotted line your locked in. I just had my third session at Massage Envy and I have yet again left disappointed. This time my 50 minute session was cut to 35 and the attendant Blake had BO. Granted they gave me a 30 minute freebie but I have found the overall quality of the therapist to be a bit disappointing. They definitely stick to the time alloted or like today shorten it, but what ends up happening is they skip parts of the body or quickly brush over it to make you think it's been worked on. You might save money signing up for the year long program but it comes at the cost of quality. Instead skip every other month and put the extra money toward a credible experience. Think of this place as the Fast Food of massage therapy. You get what you pay for.
More Massage Envy Complaints & Reviews
- Massage Envy - misleading prices 
- Massage Envy - harassment 
- Massage Envy - account freeze / no refund cancellation 
- Massage Envy - asking for credit card over phone before services 
- Massage Envy - managerial corruption/sexual harassment 
- Massage Envy - not being able use what has been paid for
- Massage Envy - billing and customer service
- Massage Envy - unauthorizeed credit card charges
- Massage Envy - memberships??
- Massage Envy - I was discriminated against...