Mango Airlines / I am extremely dissatisfied and highly upset with the treatment of my 9 month old pug puppy

United States Review updated:

I am extremely dissatisfied and highly upset with the treatment of my 9 month old Pug Puppy - Puggles in Cape Town. We flew on Mango down to Cape Town, Friday the 7th August on JE143. In Cape Town my 9 month old Pug puppy, Puggles was taken off the plane and just abandoned behind a locked door next to the baggage collection conveyer belt, outside the terminal, I was waiting on the terminal side of that door for what seemed ages, and then I heard him crying and I could not reach him – I looked through the cargo hatch (the conveyer belt was on, or else I would have climbed through the hole) I could see he was abandoned, there was not a human being in sight, it was cold and dark. Goodness knows how long he was left there before he started crying. (We landed at 12h50, and it was 13h30 before I got him). I eventually saw a very lethargic acting woman come strolling up towards the locked door, seemingly walking painfully slow, identified only by the key in her hand – not hurrying up even when I asked her to and not explaining why she took so long, plainly just ignoring me and unlocked the door. Puggles was in a state, he felt cold and was still crying (it is not the first time Pugg.

Comments

• Ro
      Jul 18, 2012

I am very disappointed that you cannot get your systems in order My wife and I flew Durban Jhb dept 13/7 She gave her credit card as proof of payment when we booked in .
    The booking was for me to return on Sunday the 16/7 and for her to return on Thursday 19/7 Needless to say she has to have her credit card in Jhb .When I got to the check in counter of course I did have her credit card There after I had untold trouble which was totally unnecessary as you had seen the credit card on our way up and were that I was returning separately This kind of problem is can easily be overcome being more consumer savy and up date your computer programme to make the trip easier Roy Hutton

• 30
      Aug 15, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - No responses to telephone calls and e-mails
    Durban
    South Africa

I made a booking for my manager on the web page. They have deducted the money but I have not received a confirmation of the booking. I have been trying Mango Airlines call center and every other number I can find and even the e-mail address given but I still have no response from them. I need help. How do you get hold of these people.

• Ro
      Aug 15, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - CT to Jhb local flight delayed by 4 hours!
    gauteng
    South Africa

Mango used to be my provider of choice, but today I flew my sister from CT to Jhb to visit my mom in ICU. Her flight was for 8h45 departure. It was delayed 3 times and eventually left CT at 12h30. I find this ridiculous that no other arrangement could be made. Always defended Mango on bas service / stolen. Won't be able to do that anymore!

• La
      Aug 20, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Delayed Flight
    South Africa

Flight JE 701 delayed for 2 hours. We were only informed of this half an hour after we were supppsed to board. Only explanation is that it is operational. Last three flights of Mango delayed.

• Mb
      Aug 20, 2018
    Fly Mango - Double debit
    South Africa

I used fly mango in December and used an agent from Banyana to book. They double debited my account and I have been requesting a refund for 4 months now but have not received no joy or assistance.

• Be
      Aug 21, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Delayed flight
    Cape town
    South Africa

Bad bad bad! Been waiting since 19:00 for my flight and its 20:35 with an 21month old baby. Unacceptable!

Aug 28, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Locks were cut off two suitcases
    Port Elizabeth

Good day

The locks from 2 of my Mom''s suitcases were cut off and someone went through her suitcase.

Nothing was stolen though.

We wont be using your airline again as her wheelchair was also not booked although I received a confirmation e-mail from Medicals at Mango.

Maria Martins
    Cell: 0824842070

• Th
      Sep 01, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Refund of a cancellation
    South Africa

On 6 October 2017 I informed the airlines about a cancellation of a ticket booked for 22 December 2017. I had insurance to cover cancellations. I receive no responses to my follow up for the refund that remains outstanding.

• Tr
      Sep 04, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - online booking
    Johanesburg
    South Africa

This system is useless! ive booked 3 times online and the money living my account with no tickets being sent to me. Furthemore i have made numerous call to get assistant having to wait for over 40 minutes most of the time to get no help. So You wait for Help and it Never come transaction always fail when booking online.

Oct 23, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Stolen belongings
    Durban
    South Africa

I was on flight JE348 from Cape Town to Durban on the 2nd July 2017. Before checking in I made sure that my belonging were in my bag. To my surprise when I was unpacking the next day to find that two (2) of my expensive perfumes were missing. What can I do in this situation?

• La
      Oct 31, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Refund
    CAPE TOWN
    South Africa

Mango has the worst refund department I have ever encountered. I have been trying to get a refund for December 2017 and up to date have not received any feedback other that we cannot help you! I have sent numerous emails with documentation but nothing. Someone needs to step up and investigate this matter other than a desk jockey.

Nov 04, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - We booked for seat at the window and got the wrong seats
    JHB
    South Africa

We booked seats at the window for it was my first time flying. When we got on the plane our seats were at a row with NO windows what so ever. The service wasn't so good. Sadly we will not be flying with Mango again.

• Wi
      Nov 04, 2018
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Damage to luggage
    South Africa

Flight JE Luggage 0472 JE 132155. Capetown to Johannesburg. 15 March 2017.

Luggage damaged beyond believe. 71 year old had travel companion and I only saw the damage when he got home.

I have been unable for weeks to speak to anybody. I have send various emails and just don't get any response.

I will warn all about MANGO

• To
      Nov 13, 2018
    Mango Airlines (FlyMango) - Baggage damage

Ref NYKXJC-flight JE716 -7 Dec CPA to HLA
    Suitcase damaged. Had to rush back to Rustenburg for Operation on 8 Dec. Got Photo's as proof with dates. Willing to provide you with it via E-mail

• Vi
      Nov 14, 2018
    Mango Airlines (FlyMango) - Damaged luggage
    South Africa

Flying from OR Tambo to Port Elizabeth, flight JE529 @ 1:35pm.
    Upon arrival I noticed my suitcases was badly damaged. It was torn in 2 places.
    Mango airlines

• Li
      Jan 23, 2019
    Mango Airlines / FlyMango - Cabin crew look sloppy
    60 Nicholson Road, Gauteng
    Boksburg
    South Africa

Cabin crew looked terrible, I have a photo of the one gent not even wearing a belt, ladies no earrings, real sloppy, no communication from crew during flight as to time of arrival, weather etc George to JHB 14:20 2 Jan 2019
    Will never fly mango again, I prefer professional services