[Resolved] Malaysia Airlineswrong meal served

I am Brig Jen Toh Choon Siang returning from Sandakan to KLIA on MH 2711 (ETD 1740) 8 May 17 on Business Class (Seat 3 F) eTicket Number: [protected]. I realised that I was wrongly served the economy meal instead but didn't complaint then as I though my PA had wrongly bought the Economy fare. The passenger seated beside me was served the Business Class meal. On returning to my office this morning, I found out that my PA has indeed bought the full Business Class ticket. Hence, I feel that I have been shortchanged because the air crew failed check the passenger's name first before serving the appropriate meals. I hope to be appropriately compensated for this sheer service oversight. Thank you.

• Resolution Statement

• Malaysia Airlines Customer Care's Response · Jul 07, 2017

Dear Siang,

GTS 01853-05/2017/MW/FT
    MH 2711 / Sandakan – Kuala Lumpur / 08 May 2017

Please accept our apology for not addressing your concern regarding your last travel with us as per stated above in a timely manner and appreciate your patience in allowing us the time to revert to you. We have been receiving high numbers of feedback for the past few months therefore our response time is affected. We are trying our best to reach all of our passengers as soon as possible.

We regret upon hearing your unpleasant experience on the flight above. We understand that you were given economy class food on business class flight. Based on our investigation, nil record found on passengers’ wrongly served meals. Nonetheless, please rest assured that we do not take this issue lightly. Your feedback has been forwarded to the department concerned for their review. They have also been reminded to always ensure that passengers are served correctly to avoid any concern in the future.

Siang, we appreciate your time taken to highlight this matter to us as such timely support from our passenger encourages us in our continuous effort to improve our services. Whilst we regret that you had cause to complain, we welcome the opportunity to receive feedback from our passengers. Once again, on behalf of Malaysia Airlines Berhad, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Malaysia Airlines flights in the near future and hope that your next experience is much more pleasant.

Regards,
    Fatin Hazwani Zainudin
    Customer Experience Assurance / Commercial Division
    Malaysia Airlines Berhad
    www.malaysiaairlines.com

This email is sent without prejudice

Bg