Malaysia Airlinesvery long delay flight no. mh 0004 from kuala lumpur to london 22 jan 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you with regards to the above connection flight on which I was booked to travel on Sunday 22 Jan 2017.

I have endured a very long delay. The flight was supposed to depart from KL Airport at 9.00 am and arrive at Heathrow Airport at 3.35 pm, but it was delayed 5 and a half hours.

No one provided any explanation for the delay straight away. I had to ask many times before I was told it is because of a technical fault and the backup airplane not arriving in time.

Being a frequent flayer and a very loyal customer of Malaysian Airlines, understandably, I was very disappointed with this. Having had to go through another delay on my first flight from Sydney to Kale Limper. The boarding procedures was so disorganised and one of the Malaysian Airlines male staff members was so rude and disrespectful to customers, ordering people around and getting many upset when they were only lining up and trying to get on the plane, after an announcement was made to start boarding. There were disabled people and people with very young children, it was a very chaotic and unhappy scene.

I was also delayed for two hours on my outboard trip to Sydney on 26 Dec.
I was so disappointed on this occasion as I frequently fly with Malaysian Airlines and expected a far better customer service than this.

Under the EU Denied Boarding Regulation 261/2004 I am entitled to the sum of €600 in compensation for flight delay and additional financial compensation for the disorganised and stressful boarding at Sydney airport on 21 Jan 2017.

I look forward to receiving the sterling equivalent within the next 14 days.

Yours sincerely,