Malaysia Airlines — reservations: j7n2on
I had booked business class tickets for myself and my wife, Ms. Yeow Ai Lin to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket on 24th May (MH790) and return on 29th (MH791) May 2018.
However, my wife had a last minute business trip to Amsterdam and couldn't be back on time to travel on 24th May. I called the Malaysia Airlines hotline on 21st April to try to change the departure date to 25th May but was told that since the ticket is a promo ticket, the cost to change the flight would be more than the price of a new ticket and that I would be better off to purchase a new ticket. I subsequently bought a new one-way ticket for her to travel on the 25th May on MH790 (Reference QWCQ9E).
However, when I tried to check-in from Phuket for the return trip, the system kept saying that her name was not on the flight. We subsequently contacted the airline office in Phuket and was told that her ticket had been cancelled as she did not check in for her earlier flight booked for 24th May. They cancelled her valid ticket without even informing us!!!
Finally, we were advised to buy a new ticket to go home. And business class was already full, so we had to purchase an economy class ticket (Reference No: MI3TIA) at a cost of RM833.00 (which was more expensive than our original Business Class ticket which was arbitrarily cancelled).
The point is, why did they cancel a valid ticket without checking with/informing us? And why didn't they advise me how to avoid such a situation, when they advised me to purchase a fresh ticket on 21st April?
It is so disappointing the way Malaysia Airlines treat their Business Class passengers.
I would appreciate for someone from Malaysia Airlines HQ to call me at +[protected] to explain as well as to provide a full refund for my wife's ticket home.
More Malaysia Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Malaysia Airlines - lost luggage with puny compensation! 
- Malaysia Airlines - flight retimed 
- Malaysia Airlines - cancellation charges
- Malaysian Airline - excess baggage charge 
- Malaysia Airlines - horrible attitude 
- Malaysia Airlines - lost property
- Malaysia Airlines - baggage loss
- Malaysia Airlines - Delayed luggage with missing lock and contents ransacked 
- Malaysia Airlines - defaults on mas system 
- Malaysia Airlines - missing handphone and cash money