[Resolved] Malaysia Airlines / flight re-timed / cancelled without notice, confusing customer service communication

Malaysia Review updated:

I booked the trip since march 2016 to celebrate chinese new year in bkk from january 26 till 31 2017, supposed to fly from penang to kl then kl to bkk. My penang-kl flight mh1149 (Cancelled) is re-timed without notification and the communication of the help-line is causing me to miss my kl-bkk connecting flight mh780 and I have to cancel my whole trip. The communication of flight re-timed is totally messed up, mh customer service insisted that email notification about flight re-timed / cancellation for mh1149 were sent twice on oct 27, 2016 and jan 24, 2017, but I only received one email on oct 19, 2016 about flight retimed for mh780 and mh783 for my booking. There was no phone call or sms or email at all regarding mh1149. The 1st customer service agent answering the call said that because of no show for mh1149, the rest of the booking were forfeited, there was no way I can get on the flight mh780 from kl to bkk even if I managed to get to klia on time by other means. While the 2nd customer service agent said that I could still re-instate the rest of the flight booking with some fee if I managed to get to klia before the kl-bkk flight, but because of the delay in bad communication, I missed chance to fly to klia with other airlines. This is very disappointing and very unprofessional for mh to re-time or cancel the flight without notification, and the communication provided by the customer service are very confusing!

• Resolution statement

• Malaysia Airlines Customer Care's Response, Apr 11, 2017

Dear Mr. Khun,

We regret for your unpleasant experience flying with us.
    Kindly provide your email address and flight details as booking no and ticket no for us to proceed with any further action.

Sincerely,
    Aizat
    Malaysia Airlines

Kh
Jan 26, 2017

Comments

• Fg
      29th of Jan, 2017

Next time, please celebrate New Year with your family rather than go to Bangkok for nothing.