Malaysia Airlines / flight from london to perth mh0001

Malaysia, Malaysia

I am writing regarding the delayed flight mh0001. We were travelling from london connecting in kuala lumpur to perth, australia.

After leaving 25 minutes late from london heathrow at 10pm we were two hours into the flight over budapest when we were told by the pilot that a loud noise was coming from one of the doors on the upper levels. We were then advised that we were returning to london heathrow in order to assess the seriousness of the situation.

We arrived back at london heathrow around 2am. After sitting on the plain for 5 hours we eventually took off at 7am. Luckily the rest of the flight to kuala lumpur was problem free.

However, when we landed in kuala lumpur, the problems started once again. Obviously we had missed our connecting flight to kuala lumpur and there is only one malaysia air flight a day to perth.
We found the communication from the staff at kuala lumpur airport very vague and we felt like we were the dark on what was going on most of the time.

All the people flying to perth were split in to two groups. One group would catch the 08.30am flight and the rest of the group would catch the later flight at 18.30pm. I was on the early flight fortunately but missed out on family celebrations in perth western australia.

Whilst waiting another 2 hours in kl for the flight we were given food vouchers but none of the restaurants would accept the voucher but also they didn't open until 7am in the morning which is when we were due to fly so were something like 5 hours without any food!!

We calculated that the total journey from the time of take off at london heathrow to when we landed in perth took 42 hours. Not only did we lose a full day of our holiday but we also had to pay for a night not spent at our booked accommodation.

And it gets even worse... I got to perth no luggage they put my luggage on the late flight saying they would have to call me at 8am christmas eve to arrange delivery... Ok I told them where I was staying which was 1 hour from the airport only to be told we can't deliver until monday boxing day by this time I was beside myself this was my first christmas and new year with my son in 5 years with no presents or clothes to wear!!!The luggage arrived at 10.15pm christmas eve after waiting in all day and night again missing very cherished family/friends celebrations!!!

I expect a swift response on full compensation for not only the inconvenience of the journey and money lost but also valuable family time we can never get back.

I will be happy to send you any further details you may need on a less public domain.

Regards,