[Resolved] Makemytrip.com / scam and cheating

1 India Review updated:

This is regarding a little trouble that I am facing with Make My Trip. This is in reference with my booking ID: IN0804B04207. I had booked two return tickets on Deccan Airways for Delhi to Leh (2 May) and From Leh to Delhi in Deccan Airways (5th May) through makemytrip. Our return flight got canceled and hence I had to cancel my ticket. I was informed at the Airport that makemytrip would be refunding the cancellation money to me. After I returned, on 6th May, I spoke to makemytrip representative Swati Babbar, who gave me a landline number, to put in my request for refund. I tried that number for one week but no one answered the call, I believe that is number which is given to the customer just to fool around. On 10th May, I traveled all the way to their Gurgaon office where the receptionist introduced to an executive Gayatri, who again had no answer for me and I was returned saying someone would get in touch with me in next one hour. In fact when I told the receptionist that nobody was taking call on that number given to me, she was not shocked, it seemed that she was aware that no body answers that number. Till 16th May, nobody from Make My Trip contacted me for the same, I then tried calling the number through which you can book ticket with Makemytrip where I explained my problem to one of their executive and he then informed that our refund would reach us in next 10 days. Its more than 15 days now and we have not yet received any communication from their end to inform what the update on the same is.

With this experience, I have realized that makemytrip.com do not have a strong process in place for refunds and they have no resource for consumer redressal, I think they need to take a stalk of the things immediately and work accordingly to improve the process. I would like to request if you could help me out as I have failed to get any answer from them.

• Resolution statement

• MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Jun 10, 2008

HI,

We certainly apologize for the inconvenience caused. This type of situation hardly occurs. We guarantee you that you wont receive any problem further in future through our services.

However the booking has already been refunded and the cheque has been dispatched too.

Waybill No : 30136963640
    Pickup Date 06 June 2008
    From Gurgaon
    To New Delhi
    Status SHIPMENT DELIVERED
    Date of Delivery 07 June 2008
    Time of Delivery 13:44
    Recipient Jyoti

Comments

• Va
      17th of Jul, 2008

Recently I am having worst ever airline booking experience with makemy trip. On Jul 11 I talked to some agent (probably based in India) for a booking from Los Angeles to Bangalore between 24-26 Jul dep. They booked it taking my credit card details for 4 seats. Within 10 mts based on the iternarary on checkmytrip, based on their reservation no. I found that teh dep date was jul23, impossible for us ti leave due to a meeting in Los Angeles. I called immediately (10 minutes aft. 'booking') and told them not to go ahed with this booking nor go ahead with charging. They had not yet charged and they agreed for that. Also they told me that they will send an e-mail requesting for my photo ID etc. in an e-mail to go ahead. I told them that I will call back in few hours if I want to go ahead with this booking. Later I called my credit card company to make sure they had not charged and informed them about this episode. There was no charge then, and they made a note regarding that. I thought the matter was over. This was on friday Jul 11, 08.

On Monday Jul 16, there was a phone message regarding some payment from makemytrip! On calling, I found that they have gone ahead and charged my credit card for 4 tickets on the date which is not possible for me to travel! And will charge penalty for cancellation/change ($200/head=800$ US). I told them what happened! The guy customer service guy was very rude and told me that indeed I have authorised them to charge as I didn't call back!

I am still dealing with this case! Many hours of phone calls/chats they have same song, since I didn't call them again they went ahead and charged teh wrong date departure!

I am contemplating some legal action for thi skind of illegal activities by makemytrip.com. Being in USA for 20 years I am shocked to know the kind of crudality and lack of respect for customers by this kind of company In India. And the assumption that they can take customers for a ride causing them thosounds of dollors of loss to make some commissions!

Do anyboduy have similar experience?

• Ar
      25th of Sep, 2008

I booked a Igloo nature resort for the dates oct 01, 2008 to oct 03, 2008.

Makemytrip.com sends me a voucher with the booking status "Confirmed". Before 6 days of my journey [ actually today ], I called the Igloo resort people and asked for the status they said the rooms are not available with their own resort and they can arrange for some other resort.

When I call the makemytrip.com they said the hotel room is booked and I don't need to worry on that. But after some time the manager from Igloo Nature resort called me and said there is no room is available on oct 02, so I need to stay in a another hotel.

But still makemytrip.com customer care is telling that my room is booked, if I cancel the room now they will take one night amount for this.

I can give the booking id which i have done with makemytrip.com if anybody think this is a fake.

[ My Booking Id is : HTL160190 ]

• Ro
      10th of Nov, 2008

Hi

I am facing the similar problem with make my trip. No refund for almost a month and only e-mail and calls,

i am not sure if i would ever travel again or recommend this company to any one.

Sincerely

Romit Mathur

• Ap
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I have same problem. I cancelled my ticket 6 months back and no refund yet. The WORST part is they do not even give any status updates on what is happening. I am planning to tell my relatives and friends not to use makemytrip again.

• Ar
      2nd of Sep, 2009

The suckiest travel agent ever! They completely cheat you of their money! Do not work with them!

10th of Jun, 2010

WE HAD A WORST NIGHTMARE OF OUR LIFE BY BOOKING OUR VACATION WITH "MAKE MY TRIP" I SHOULD SAY "NIGHTMARE MY TRIP" OR LOOT MY TRIP. THEY ARE THE WORST TRAVEL AGENT I EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. INDIAN GOVT SHOULD BAN THIS
    CHEATING COMPANY.

• Am
      29th of May, 2015

these people are scammers, and the indian govt know this, but the minister for travel in india is part of the scam, l have learned that the indian govt are actually making off this scam