Magselect.com / No delivery

1 PO Box 5232Deerfield Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

Within the past several years, one of my sisters has a few times ordered and paid for several gift subscriptions to magazines from this company (which until recently went by the name "MagSelect.com") for many family members at Christmastime. We each receive a yellow card in the mail wishing us "Season's Greetings" and advising that a gift subscription to a specific magazine will be sent to us within 6 to 12 weeks. The magazines never come and by the time anyone realizes it (usually, everyone forgets), it's too late for my sister to get her money back.

I have advised my sister not to deal with this company but apparently each time it's been long enough that she forgets and does so again.

It took quite some time searching the Web for the company's phone number, but whenever I call I receive a recording that the business is "no longer in service".

I have e-mailed customer service several times, only to be told, when I receive a response, that the company does not have any of the information needed to fill the orders (information used to send each of us a yellow card months before), and that I must provide them the names and addresses of each person, along with the name of each magazine to which my sister ordered a gift subscription.

Based on past experience as a small business owner and more than 30-plus years dealing with other, legitimate businesses, I found that only those companies later charged with fraud, etc., did not have working telephone numbers, did not reply to customer e-mails or faxes, had no "physical" address and did not retain records of orders or monies received.

The reason? The company never intended to provide the service or product for which orders and monies were received.

Va

Comments

• Ps
      21st of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened to me!! They are thieves!!!

31st of Aug, 2008

The company did the same thing to me. I cannot find a direct phone number to call, and I sent about 10 e-mails to them regarding the magazines I never received but never received a response. It is true that people forget about their orders. I didn't realize until 4 months later. I was thinking about contacting my credit card company to see if they could find a location of where they made the payment to. I am really upset about this. Your sister should contact her credit card company to see if anything can get done about it. I'll let you know if anything gets taken care of on my part.

• Su
      28th of Oct, 2008

I just placed an order for magazines through a school fundraiser who use magselect. I have a voucher card and the phone number listed on this card, for those that may need it is, 1-800-221-4130. Hope this helps those that have issues with this company. I am now wondering if I will get my order!

• Ad
      30th of Oct, 2008

I agree with Sue. I ordered the magazines for a school fundraiser. I am about to select my order and hopefully I will get them.

However, my voucher card gives a different number than Sue's. I have 1-877-604-6513. It also provides an address for Customer Service: Magazine Customer Service, P.O. Box 62219, Tampa, FL 33662-2219.

Hope it helps out!! I will keep the voucher and try to remember within a month if I receive my magazine. If not, I will post again and call Customer Service.

• Am
      4th of Nov, 2008

I have also preivously ordered from this company and recieved nothing. I just called the number that Adriana above left and ordered my subscription over the phone because I had difficulty finding the website. My activation card has no phone number listed and a different po box than Adriana's. I will also try to keep track of whether or not my sister receives her subscription.
    The po box on my card was for

Magazine portfolio
    P.o. Box 61383
    Tampa, FL 33661-1383

13th of Nov, 2008

I too have ordered from my nephew from MagSelect. When my nephew gave me my vouchers they were in the wrong dollar amount of what I had paid and ordered on his sign up sheet. I received my magazine vouchers only to get 2 $10 vouchers. I paid for a $20 and a $10. I called them today and surprisingly they took my word for the error of receiving the wrong money vouchers and gave me my original $20 voucher and my $10 voucher. She placed my order over the phone for the $20 voucher which was missing (remember i was given 2 $10's instead of 1 $20 & 1 $10). We will see if I get the one ordered over phone. For my final voucher I will place online now. She said I will receieve confirmation of my orders w/in 7-10 days and get the magaizines w/in 4-6 wks or sooner. The phone number I called & got immediate response was:

1-877-604-6513
    M-F 7AM-Midnight EST
    Sat 8:30AM - 7PM EST

Magazine Customer Service
    P.O. Box 62219
    Tampa, FL 33662-2219

Hopefully this works out and I will probably not order from them again either.
    But if any one is having problems try that phone number, it was a direct answer and a live person, no waiting or numbers to press to talk to someone.

Good Luck

• Ff
      24th of Nov, 2008

Placed an order last year through a school fundraiser, received order as promised. Have ordered another this year, very satisfied.

• Mo
      4th of Feb, 2009

Por favor yo necesito asistensia en espanol, yo le ayude a mi hija a vender suscripciones de la revista peolple en espanol y de 2 que vendi una clienta no ha recibido la revista, sus datos son Maria Tordera, 6707sw 152pl Miami, Florida 33193 y su numero telefonico 305 408 9039, pueden contactarme al 305 559 4419, 786 395 0186 o 305 554 4562, mi nombre es Moraima Amado .

• Ki
      20th of Mar, 2009

I have also ordered a magazine from this company.. i ordered it back in october 08 for xmas present.. i have notifed the company and also the magazine company that i ordered and they kept telling me they didnt receive the order then i received a card in the mail confirming my order was sent to the company again and here it is march 20 and they still do not have my order.. called mag select again and they informed me there was a problem with the other companys computer and they had just been notified yesterday and the order will be resubmitted asap and to call back and check again in a few days.. the phone number i called is 866-247-9122 and received an anwer
    Kim

• Ac
      30th of Oct, 2009

I have not had any problems with receiving my magazines..this is the third year I've ordered.

• Oy
      1st of Nov, 2009

These complaints concern me. I placed school orders for my granddaughter for three magazines from MagSelect, totaling $80.00. Received the vouchers yesterday. Have never ordered from them before, so don't really know quite what to expect, now that I've read all the problems others have had with them. Also, the telephone number listed on my vouchers is different from those listed in the complaints above: 1-888-221-4130. The address, though is compatible with most of the others. The instructions state that I may give them my order information via their website, but have not been able to access it -- well, I got their website, but could not seem to get it to respond to the Code #'s listed on my vouchers, per their instructions. It is refreshing to hear that some orders have been processed correctly and without problems. I remain neutral at this point.
    OYL

• Lj
      3rd of Nov, 2009

Supposedly you can access you paid subscription online; but when you access the site...it's only to use YOUR credit card to order THEIR magazines. I don't know why I did it again...this is the second time!!!

• Jl
      5th of Nov, 2009

I just inadvertantly found the website that allows you to activate your subscription voucher. Ironically it was through an entirely different web address. The link is:

The online voucher redemption link is toward the bottom of the page, and you'll need the online code that's on your activation voucher. I just successfully registered mine and hopefully I'll receive my magazines.

• Jn
      10th of Nov, 2009

I also just ordered a mag from my nephews school fundraiser and after reading this i am worried that i will never get my magazines, what i have noticed is the web site that it does say to order the mag online i can not find, so that makes me nervous. well i will keep you posted.
    the web address magselect.com is the web i couldnt find to order online

• Ra
      23rd of Dec, 2009

I recently purchased a MagSelect.com voucher through a school fundraiser: The contact information I received is: Phone: 1-877-604-6513 Address: Customer Service P. O. Box 62219, Tampa, FL 33662-2219; Email: magazinesupport@customersvc.com. I hope this might be helpful to others trying to reach the company. I am neutral about the product at this point, but nervous about my order. I hope I actually receive my magazines. If I do not, I will ceratainly notify our school's administration so they will know to avoid selling magselect for future fundraisers.

• Jl
      29th of Dec, 2010

My mom just purchased a subscription through a school fundraiser and I when I went to the website, I was confused on how to enter my online code. There is a new telephone number for those interested in contacting them 1-866-247-9122. I have yet to complete the process but I will certainly be looking to see if our magazines will be received. I will contact my local news organizations and national news if necessary if I find this is one big scam. It is truly despicable to scam people through a school fundraiser. I will out magselect to the fullest so help me God if this is true!

• Pa
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I also ordered frm the school about sept.2009 i have yet to get a magazine frm them.
    the phone numbers arent right I tried calling.
    i feel this is a scam wheres my magazine???????

• Ed
      24th of Jan, 2011

I have ordered magzines from my grandkids from girl scouts the past two years I have yet to get a magazine. If you are not going to send out the magazines don't sell them. I ordered This OLd House, and Country.

• Na
      26th of Jan, 2011

I went on line November 28, 2010 an ordered a magazine through a school fundraiser . I have yet to receive the magazine. 1/25/11. I just called the number on the card 877-604-6513 an was told by Kim that they have recieved the order an that the Magazine's next issue is in March. I was told I should receive my magazine no later than 2/21/2011. The magazine is This Old House. I will keep you posted an let you know If I receive it. ( I also had forgotten i ordered it but my husband asked me why we had never received it yet.) I will keep you posted ! wish me luck!

6th of Jun, 2011

Magselect.com cares very much about providing excellent service to all our customers. To help you complete your order we’d like to offer some helpful facts for easily redeeming your vouchers.

• Make sure you are visiting the correct website – www.magselect.com
    • Enter the 10 digit On-line Redemption Code
    • Enter your magazine selection(s)
    • Enter your name/address
    • If a gift, please enter the Giftee’s name/address in the appropriate field
    • Confirm and submit your order.
    • You should receive your first issue in 4-8 weeks.
    • If you do not receive your first issue or if you have questions about the subscription, please
    contact us at magazinesupport@customersvc.com or 1-888-221-4130
    • Magazine selection may vary depending on the value of the voucher you purchased.