MagicJackmoney not transferred

I bought prepaid minutes and applied it to my magic jack app and was using it on my cell phone. I upgraded my cell phone and retained the same phone number but when I tried to use the magic jack app. it said that there was no available funds and that I would have to purchase prepaid minutes. I logged on to my magic account and saw that funds were available. I then contacted magic jack and explained to them that all I did was upgrade my phone but the phone number was the same and the account is the same all I want is for that balance to be applied so that I can use it. The agent told me that he cannot apply the balance and that I should use it up by using the phone that I was using before. I explained, that I no longer had that device since I traded it in for the new device so I would not be able to do that, he said that there is nothing that he could do. I asked why is he not able to do that, but he could not explain why, he just said that he could not and disconnected the chat. Since it was a small amount I let it go and bought more prepaid minutes and applied it to the new phone. Now two months later the new phone stopped working and I had to get a new device but again kept the same number and here I am again with the same problem, now I have available balances of prepaid minutes on two magic jack apps. all on the same account and magic jack is refusing to apply any of the remaining balances to the new device. I think that this is wrong and I think that we all should file complaints with the state Attorney General.

Ma
Dec 22, 2014

Comments

• Er
      Jun 30, 2008
    MagicJack - No tech support
    www.magicjack.com

Purchased MagicJack -- never got it to install -- tech support consists of on line people who take you everywhere but getting the problem solved. No e-mail or phone contact to be found anywhere -- almost seems as though they have something to hide and are running a huge scam.

Tried this route at least 3 times and NOTHING.

• Me
      Jul 05, 2008

I tried installing 2 magicjacks into 2 computers, used 2 different phones
    for about 10 hours and to no avail.

But I have Norton by Symantec and UNINSTALLED it...

And Wallah... IT WORKED!

I think that it is incompatible with any NORTON software.

Just try it, uninstall norton, hook up y9our magicjack and see what happens.

Let me know if it works fo you guys.

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Ab
      Aug 25, 2008
    MagicJack - Magic Jacck communication services
    Brisbane Metro Area
    Queensland
    Australia
    www.magicjack.com

How can I get the services of "MajicJack" telephone services in Australia to call my family abroad. They have this service, but I do not!?

Waiting with best regards,
    Thanks.

Aug 26, 2008
    MagicJack - Scam and cheating
    1190 S Mojave Rd 218
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    www.magicjack.com

I am trying to get a hold of someone to help me with my magicjack device. My phone rings and I can hear it but when I go to answer it the party on the other end doesn't hear me answer the phone. Please help me out with this. Hey I am a satisfied customer could you please help me.

• Nu
      Aug 28, 2008

There is NO customer service at MagicJack. NONE. When you have a problem, and you WILL, you will have no help, because MagicJack has CLOSED their customer service department. Ain't no body there. You are just screwed.

• Pe
      Sep 02, 2008

when you plug your jack in up top of the menu box on the right is a help button open it and look for live support. I just went in and talked to a 24/7 support tech for information I wanted.

• Da
      Oct 23, 2008

Have them get a magic jack in the states, activate it here with an american phone number, and have them mail it to you. It will be a local call for them and you can call them on it whenever.

• Ta
      Dec 02, 2008
    MagicJack - My Order
    2940 Harris St. Rd.
    West Palm Beach
    Florida

In October I ordered a MagicJack by phone. On Nov 6 my Visa waHave no codes charged $46.90, but I have not received the MagicJack. I placed my order in my wife's name (Jane Rosi) since she had already made other purchases at the phone number, but I charged it to my Visa (T. Alan Pattison). Please advise me of the status of my order.

• Ri
      Dec 27, 2008
    MagicJack - they put my family in danger
    magicjack.com

magicjack put my family in danger. I even offered 3 times to give magicjack a police report case number and they did not care read my story on google

go to google and search magicjack put my family in danger

• Ra
      Dec 30, 2008

I can't open magicjack, as I forget my confirmation number and password.
    Please help me thanks [protected]

• Pj
      Jan 26, 2009
    MagicJack - mac non-compatbility
    magicJack.com

MagicJack upgrade is not available for mac. They will not refund you past the trial period even if the unit doesn't work. The website says magicJack is compatible with intel macs. Not the case. Tech support will take you in circles for hours and insist you do the upgrade on a windows pc.

• Ph
      Feb 05, 2009
    MagicJack - cancel order
    Lemon Grove
    California
    magicjack.com

I ordered magicjack with my visa check card on 2-3-09. I want to cancel, I have tried calling long distance. It cost me 15.00 dollars and i got nowhere and now here. PLEASE HELP ME! My name is Phil Cramer my email is [protected]@cox.net

• Ph
      Feb 27, 2009

Magicjack fails to work with firewalls...at least with verizon firewall. They do not disclose this until you run into this issue as I did. This company should have worked out these problems before releasing it to the public. I spent MANY hours on the magicjack chat line having their agents attempt to correct this firewall issue. A waste of time and very frustrating. I was told by verizon IT that I could shut off verizon firewall and let windows firewall run and that would be o.k. for magicjack to work...It worked for a few days and then that's when my computer was invaded by viruses. It took days for verizon to help me clean it up...once again many hours of frustration just for magicjack...I'm done with them...I requested a refund..and was told that I'll receive an e-mail for the refund in 24 to 48 hours. I HOPE that this will be resolved without further problems. It's too bad that this product didn't work for me ...it would have been ideal.

• Ro
      Mar 20, 2009
    MagicJack - defective products
    North Las Vegas
    Nevada
    magicjack.com

Bought Magic service and equipment 6 months ago for 1 year service. Yearly renewal fee 19.95. Unit quit working after 6 months. They we going to replace the defective unit then they hit my bank account for another 69.95. They still have not replaced th bad unit an I still have 6 months of service remaining. They do NOT have a telephone number or address for customer servicem therefore NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I got cheated out of 6 months service.

• Di
      Mar 31, 2009
    MagicJack - unsatisfied with product
    MajicJack
    WinstonSalem
    North Carolina

Product wasn't as easy to install as advertised. It literally to eight hours to get service. After the first day the service worked intermittenly. At will. There is no number in which to speak to a customer service representative. Online contact is the only mode of communication.

• El
      Apr 09, 2009
    MagicJack - over charge
    elizabeth Lobo
    2787 egypt rd
    Audubon
    Pennsylvania

Overcharge 5 times 4 -59.95.95 cent and46.90 -13.05 on my bank statement, I cancel on internet, and try my phone has a ansewer service. Want to speak to contomer service.

• Da
      Apr 30, 2009
    MagicJack - horrid
    Magicjac
    Texas
    magicjack.com

This thing is terrible. I ordered two, and one simply did not work. The one that operates is unreliable at best. Do not rely on the voice mail. It is not functional most of the time. The only true use for this device is to make outgoing calls on it. Other than that, it is absolutely unreliable.

May 09, 2009
    MagicJack - will not launch
    dimlite
    318 howell rd
    Englewood
    New Jersey
    [protected]@verizon.net

magicjack will only work with computer full on now it will not launch at all what is wrong this magic jack

• Ti
      May 21, 2009
    MagicJack - Wow
    magicJack

Buyer beware...This is a company offering phone service that cannot be reached by telephone! Do we see a small red flag here??

To try be fair here's a blog of unhappy AND happy customers: http://www.gearlog.com/2009/02/what_do_you_think_about_magicj.php

• Ro
      May 31, 2009

if your life is in danger i dont believe changing your phone number will help...try changing your address that might help...

• Gy
      May 31, 2009

I installed it yesterday in MacBook Pro. Both my Mac side as my Windows side recognize it. I close my windows side and proceeded to install on the Mac Side. No problem whatsoever; so far it works just fine.

• Ba
      Jun 15, 2009

I agree, I am having the same problem, I have the Verizon Security Suite, and even when I allow magicjack in the approved programs list, it still didn't work. My only option as well is to use Windows Firewall, which is unacceptable, If Im paying for Verizon suite, i want to use the entire suite. No other program has given me this type of problem. Unacceptable MagicJack

• Cu
      Jun 22, 2009
    MagicJack - poor customer service!
    private consumer
    Arizona

have used for over a month - very poor customer service. countless hours in chats that result in the operator telling me to change settings on my computer and when I ask "why" they respond "just do it". none of their fixes have worked - I still get these annoying loud beeps during my calls. DO NOT USE MAGICJACK unless you want the poorest customer no-service ever!

• Cu
      Jun 22, 2009

AGREE COMPLETELY!

Jul 06, 2009
    MagicJack - Unauthorized credit card charge

Ordered product on 3 march 2009 and was charged $46.90. Was charged another unauthorized $46.90 the following month. Telephone number on credit card statement no longer in service. No customer service available and can not contact company.

• Si
      Jul 07, 2009
    MagicJack - service
    Houston
    Texas

After frist year of service, was ask to continue an extra five years for good price.
    Did, and paid with credit card .Then at start time of new 5 years.
    NO service, or answer from website .And no phone # to contact them,
    HUMMED!!! ( I Will Now Call Them CROOKS )

•   Jul 19, 2009

Why would you think $20/year would provide any kind of quality, reliability, or integrity?

Before I upgraded to FIOS from RoadRunner, getting 50% more bandwith and 100% less problems all for about 45% less money, I canceled the phone portion of my account.

I recommend you shop around for a VoIP (voice over IP) phone provider that has the features- and price you want.

Some top rated providers, some of which I have personally tested include:

viatalk.com
    voicepulse.com
    future-nine.com
    callcentric.com
    voip.ms
    voipo.com

TWC is offering the same phone "feature" set as available from the Bells in the late 1970s. That's yet another way they gouge you.

If you are a little adventurous research the feasibility of setting up an asterisk server in your home to save serious cash on your phone costs. A user friendlier option is PBX in a flash; "orgasmatron" is a popular ready-to-go package. Once you swallow the cost of a server, as little as $300, you can get flat rate incoming calls for as little as $3 per month (or pay by minute rates similar to outgoing) and outgoing calls billed as little as $0.0105/min. You will make NO sacrafice in quality when correctly configured unlike some of the other choices in the market.

G711 flawless quality awaits.

• Gt
      Aug 06, 2009
    MagicJack - None
    California

MagicJack works well for me. Be aware you need a GOOD dsl or cable connection. Only problem I have is some static when I'm down loading or stream...

• Cj
      Aug 06, 2009

It would be comonsense that you would need DSL or Cable. MagicJack is as only good as your internet connection!
    Dialup nothing works with that. If you have dialup you wasted your time and money! MagicJack needs high speed internet!

• De
      Aug 09, 2009
    MagicJack - ripped OFF
    Union
    Ohio

This is whats wrong with AMERICA magic jack is nothing but a scam why does our goverment let people scam Millions of dollars before anything is done about it ...I hate our goverment MORE & MORE everyday Its time to step-up and do your jobs A S S H O L E S.

• Bo
      Aug 09, 2009

Why is it always government's job? Can't you take care of yourself? No wonder Obama won and is destroying this country. Everyone thinks the government is supposed to take care of them.

A two second Google search would have showed you that MagicJack has very mixed reviews. Some people like it, others have had issues with it. It's not the government's job to make you do your homework. Read your Constitution.

• Ri
      Aug 11, 2009

I paid for 5 year Platinum Preferred plan in July of 2008. They have cut my service off, after 1 year, and said I have to pay to renew. I have been trying to contact some one but I get all sorts of answers. Your E-Mail not on file, your password doen't match user name etc.
    I have supplied my order number, my reference number but nothing seems to work. Am I being ripped off? RB

• Di
      Aug 12, 2009
    MagicJack - Does not make a connection
    Reading
    Pennsylvania

I've had MagicJack for a year now. My credit card was charged for my second year. I have a dial tone but when I dial a number I lose the dial tone and it will not make a connection

• St
      Aug 14, 2009
    MagicJack - ripoff
    stuffbag
    sunland

magicjack seems to be a con job. i purchased one, it worked for three weeks and then died. i wasted at least thirty hours on thirty occasions, talking to their service people, none of which could make it work. i am now the owner of a paperwieght that is to light to perform that function. there is no way to talk to the company on the phone. they have a policy of hiding from their customers,

• Un
      Sep 01, 2009

Well so far my magicjack has been great. I haven't been billed yet, but I hope they don't try to rip me off. I've been telling my family and friends about this product and encouraging them to try it. But I would like to know that if I really run into what I think is a problem that there would be some type of 1-800 number to call so I could speak to someone live if nessesary. That would make me feel more at ease. But now I am exspecting to pay $39.95 only because that;s what the infamercial said.

• De
      Sep 02, 2009

Hi PEG your problem is a bad connection just try to connect telephone wire directly to your usb then the other end of wire plug it on back of your telephone jack, this should solved your problem. PEG just let me know if it work for you.

Sep 10, 2009
    MagicJack - Unbelievably Crappy

TAKE MY WORD FOR IT AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE MAGICJACK. EVERY COMPLAINT YOU'VE READ IS COMPLETELY TRUE. ABSOLUTE JUNK... I AM THROWING MINE IN THE GARBAGE AS I TYPE THIS. TRY SOMETHING LIKE PHONEPOWER OR SOMETHING IF YOU NEED CHEAPER PHONE SERVICE.

MAGICJACK IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

Sep 13, 2009
    MagicJack - defective device
    West Palm Beach
    Florida
    magicjack.com

I own one of their devices and it keeps failing. I contacted them and they will not replace it. I asked for a price for just a new one without service, since I have already paid them for 4 years service. They want to charge me the full price that includes 1 years servive (39.95 plus shipping). I believe they should only charge me 20>00 plus 3.95 shipping.

• Je
      Oct 02, 2009
    MagicJack - took moyetproduct ney haven't received
    Galesburg
    Illinois
    [protected]@live.com

you took money out of my account for 3 day delivery, it's now 5 days and i still haevn't recieved the product. i want to know why or I will be putting a hold on my account or sue you for false advetisement.

Nov 12, 2009
    MagicJack - was charge right away didnt wait 30 day
    Georgia

i order the magicjack and was charge right away they didnt wait 30 days like they said they would i was charge 133.00 all at one time