MagicJack / can't get refund

I've been trying to get a refund for the extended service plan that I paid $59.95 for and doesn't even kick in until the end of my initial year of so-called service you get with the purchase of the MagicJack. However, their customer service people can not understand that and insist on interpreting my request as a request for a refund on the MagicJack itself which is beyond their 30-day period for a refund. I've sent out at least 8 emails to them trying to tell them I do not want a refund for the MagicJack itself, but for the extended service plan.

Anybody reading this should be warned NOT to buy this product. I had nothing but headaches with it from the start and mistakingly tried to get it to work beyond the 30-day refund period. MagicJack sounds too good to be true and it is.

Comments

Ne
  27th of Jan, 2010

Don't ever get MAGICJACK voip phone service. They took my 5 year subscription fees, then couldn't fix a problem 1 year into the 5 year service, and would not refund the remaining four years after over 45 hours spent online with numerous chat sessions in an attempt to solve the problem. At less than two dollars an hou...r, getting the lousy $65 back just wasn't worth my time anymore. Mine will go in the trash.