Lufthansa / Lost Luggage / Claim for Reimbursement of Replacement Purchases
On 11 Jan 2010 my partner flew in from Afghanistan to Germany and then Germany to London Heathrow on Flight LH4740 to find his luggage missing. At the baggage tracing desk at Heathrow Terminal 1, he was given File Reference: LHRLH17534 / 11 JAN 10 / 2132 GMT for his Tag No. LH141112 and a sheet of paper with contact points for lost luggage. He was instructed to buy what items he needed until his luggage was found and delivered. He was promised he would be compensated at 50 percent for clothes and 100 percent for toiletries. The missing luggage was found and delivered within a week.
Subsequently he sent a fax to the Customer Feedback Europe fax number [protected]) with a copy of all receipts. This was followed up with a hard copy of the same information to the mailing address (Lufthansa Customer Relations, PO Box 1289, Liverpool L69 3AX). He waited but nothing happened.
He tried calling the London Heathrow Terminal 1 baggage tracing desk telephone number and was given the run-around. He then resubmitted all information and receipts by letter and fax and email. He received an email reply on 17 March 2010 (feedback reference number 20962246) but no further action from Lufthansa.
My partner has now been re-deployed to Afghanistan and left the matter in my hands. I sent a letter dated 29 March 2010 with full details and receipts requesting a refund. I have received no response. I have resent all the information via the www.Lufthansa.com customer feedback email form though this is now the 4th time of asking.
Our customer feedback is that this is totally unacceptable service by Lufthansa and we demand that the claim be dealt with immediately and the promised reimbursement made.
Moral: do not check your luggage, do not let it out of your sight, do not trust their promises, do not fly Lufthansa ever again.
More Lufthansa Complaints & Reviews
- Lufthansa - Customer Service 
- Lufthansa - Lost Baggage - Poor Customer Service 
- Lufthansa - Reschedule my flight 
- Lufthansa - Complaints letter got no where to send 
- Lufthansa - Terrible costumer service! 
- Lufthansa German Airlines - payment and refund
- Lufthansa German Airlines - poor handling of baggage
- Lufthansa German Airlines - cancelled flights 8/6/18 venice lh331 frankfurt lh 796 hk
- Lufthansa German Airlines - ill treatment given by ground staff at basel euro international airport.
- Lufthansa German Airlines - unwilling to let me fly second leg of trip/ customer service lack of knowledge