Lufthansa / Lost Luggage / Claim for Reimbursement of Replacement Purchases

1 Customer Feedback Europe, PO Box 1289, Liverpool L69 3AXLondon Heathrow, United Kingdom Review updated:

On 11 Jan 2010 my partner flew in from Afghanistan to Germany and then Germany to London Heathrow on Flight LH4740 to find his luggage missing. At the baggage tracing desk at Heathrow Terminal 1, he was given File Reference: LHRLH17534 / 11 JAN 10 / 2132 GMT for his Tag No. LH141112 and a sheet of paper with contact points for lost luggage. He was instructed to buy what items he needed until his luggage was found and delivered. He was promised he would be compensated at 50 percent for clothes and 100 percent for toiletries. The missing luggage was found and delivered within a week.

Subsequently he sent a fax to the Customer Feedback Europe fax number [protected]) with a copy of all receipts. This was followed up with a hard copy of the same information to the mailing address (Lufthansa Customer Relations, PO Box 1289, Liverpool L69 3AX). He waited but nothing happened.

He tried calling the London Heathrow Terminal 1 baggage tracing desk telephone number and was given the run-around. He then resubmitted all information and receipts by letter and fax and email. He received an email reply on 17 March 2010 (feedback reference number [protected]) but no further action from Lufthansa.

My partner has now been re-deployed to Afghanistan and left the matter in my hands. I sent a letter dated 29 March 2010 with full details and receipts requesting a refund. I have received no response. I have resent all the information via the www.Lufthansa.com customer feedback email form though this is now the 4th time of asking.

Our customer feedback is that this is totally unacceptable service by Lufthansa and we demand that the claim be dealt with immediately and the promised reimbursement made.

Moral: do not check your luggage, do not let it out of your sight, do not trust their promises, do not fly Lufthansa ever again.

Comments

• Go
      9th of Aug, 2010

We had the identical problem as you and after 8 months of still no response we finally have taken them to court Via the small claims court. This process is on going.
    I will never fly Lufthansa again.
    We were on a Cruise without any luggage all over Christmas.

• So
      20th of Aug, 2010

We have exactly the same problem traveling from Romania to US. A month and a half after we submitted the claim, I have no idea who to call anymore. I posted more details here:

• Da
      26th of Aug, 2010

lufthansa are a disgrace - they lost 2 of my luggage for my flight to nigeria - they phoned to say the luggage had arrived the following day and they would DHL it - they did and i only got of the bags - the dimwits should have realised that there was 2 items missing when the single item arrived - they had documentation to compare against.

I am still waiting for my 2nd luggage and they couldn't care less - i have malaria tablets which i desperately need.

i am pursuing legal action - they are answerable to the law, in particular the montreal convention

• Ol
      5th of Mar, 2011

I arrived in Nigeria on Dec 26, 2010. luky to find 1 bag after 4weeks of my arriver, up till now still missing 1. i filed the complaint before i left Nigeria on the 31st of January, and i reported it on the 1st of Feb when i arrived in Houston. I've been calling since then, but no possitive answer yet. It's now over 3months. I called 2 days ago they said the deliver has deliver it for me in my house here in Houston on the 21 feb. which is a great lie, thats very ridiculus to lie about something like this. Now i need urgent respond to my luggage and my refund for everything, i've been patient enough. My claim number is Los LH37847