Lufthansa / Lost baggage

1 India Review updated:

Travelled from Lubbock to Chennai. From Frankfurt to Chenna by Flt. LH158 and landed at MAA on 5th August, 09.
Ticket# [protected]: bAGGAGE TAG: aa252379 with two suitcases. Only one was retrieved at MAA. The other one was classified as Mishandled and Property Irregularity was reported at the MAA airport. The Representative of Lufthansa was reckless and unwillingly handled several passengers who reported non-arrival of their baggage. Neither an assurance to trace the lost baggage was given. On 6th Aug 09, a telephone call was received from Lufthansa Chennai office which said that the baggage could not be traced anywhere. Left with no clothes, no place to stay in the midnight, Lufthansa representatives did not show even a caring attitude. Now I am asked to run from pillar to post, I have to spend a lot of money to go to Airport, local office, buy clothes and it is a nightmare. Out of the two weeks holiday, I will have to run behind the Lufthansa for the next three days. Will Lufthansa help me get my baggage atleast now? Or give a proper reply so that I can cancel my travel and go back to the US immediately?

Comments

• Fa
      27th of Dec, 2010

My Name is Farhad Mohsenian. I was on Lufthansa Flight 430 from Frankfurt to Chicago on December 25, 2010. My seat no. was 26D. I left a souvenir bag on the airplane. There were 3 boxes of chocolate and a Disney girl toy (smal toy handbag) in a souvenir plastic handbag which I purchased in Frankfurt's airport. Please contact me as soon as possible if found. My phone number is 262-993-0419. My email address is f.mohsenian@spectrumengineeringinc.com. My address is 5344 W. River Trail, Mequon, Wisconsin 53092, USA. Thank you so much for your assistance.

• Im
      24th of May, 2011

My name is Immacelata Anyanwu, I was in flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Abuja, Nigeria, on May 3rd, 2011. I was in severe pain that one of the flight attendant offered to hang my coat for me so that I can stretch up my feet. She told me, she will hand it back to me when we landed in Abuja. When we landed at Abuja, I was immediately taking in wheelchair and my daughter who accompanied me to this trip did not remember to ask for the coat beacuse she was sitting away from me. I was in heavy pain medicine when we landed at Abuja, my duaghter and airport attendant collected our bags and fill for one missing luggage, she forgot to include the coat because she thought the coat was given back to me. When I came for the missing luggage, I tried filling for missing coat, I was told the Lufthansa office will not be opened untill 4:30 p.m. I could not wait beacuse my flight to Owerri, Imo state was 9:30 a.m. that morning, I was also told to go Port Harcourt or fill it when I return to Frankfurt. One week later, I went to Port harcourt to fill for the missing coat, again Lufthansa office was not open. On May 17th, I complained to several Lufthansa personnels at Frankfurt concerning my coat. I was told to go to lost and found department, when my daughter was taking me to lost & found, we were called back stating our flight will take off before we get to lost and found department. We were told to fill for the missing item when we landed in Houston, Tx. When we landed again, there was no time to go to lost and found department due to long immigration process. When we got to Baton Rouge, LA our final destination, I tried talking to continental airlane attendant about the item. I was told to follow it up with Lufthansa airlane. I have called several times with no sucess. The coat is a Kenneth Cole black double breast reaction wool coat. This coat has never been worn prior to this trip. Please contact me via email (immaanya@yahoo.com) or by phone (225) 270-3832