Lucky Star Goldens / Fraudulent puppy deposit

1 Backus, MN, United States Review updated:

I'm not sure if you are supplying a web source for a Minnesota Kennel called Luckystar Goldens out of Bachus MN. The breeder is pulling scams, claiming that she bred her golden retriever ,Brandy, to a reliable breeder's dog from Shell Kennel. She asks for a puppy deposit and then does not supply any puppies. In fact she never bred the dog to the sire at Shell River that she states is the father of the puppies in her contract that she makes people sign. She knew that there would not be puppies and she did not send deposits back., nor inform the people who had sent checks, or return their deposit. I have no idea how many people are affected. Currently her web sight has a contract stating that the sire of her dog (Brandy"s) puppies is Bojangles from Shell River Kennels. She never bred her dog to Bojangles and is trying to pass off puppy pictures on her sight as belonging to her dog Brandy when they are actually puppies from Sami out of Shell River Kennels.

I paid a deposit on a puppy, and did not learn of the scam until I contacted the owner of the sire (Bojangles) at Shell River Kennels. I have not received a penny of my deposit back and I have not heard from her after my check was sent.

I don't know if this applies to you or not, but I thought I would inform you of the problem in case you have any difficulties with this kennel in the future.

Comments

• Pa
      31st of Dec, 2007

She now has pulled material off most sites for MN golden retrievers, but she has opened a Pay Pal account at Amazon.com. Luckystargoldens then asks you to pay immediately with your credit card and you get 7 days to get your money back. Do NOT fall for this! I still have not heard from her or received my deposit back on a puppy that was supposed to be born at Christmas time. I later learned her dog was not even bred. I have no idea how many Minnesotan's put down deposits on Lucky Star Goldens out of Bachus MN.

31st of Dec, 2007

The problems with Lucky star Kennels out of Bachus MN, gets worse. The owner of Lucky Star Kennels also goes on to state that she has a new male stud from Crume Kennel in Dakota. She gives his pedigree, breeding etc and states that puppies will be upcoming from this new male stud. I contacted Crume Kennel. They never sold her a puppybecause the check sent to them did not clear the bank, so once more this material is false.

25th of Mar, 2008

It was all a misunderstanding. We had plans for things and a huge family loss/emergency came up. We did not buy the puppy we planned from Crume Kennels, and nor did we have the opportunity to breed Brandy. ALSO, Patty's deposit WAS NEVER EVEN CASHED! So why she is making such a big deal and making us look like these terrible people is beyond me. Her RIPPED UP CHECK was mailed back to her UN-CASHED! If you have any questions regarding this "supposable" complaint, then please contact me directly.

25th of Mar, 2008

NOT ONLY THAT BUT SHE WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO EVEN PUT A DEPOSIT DOWN, SO NICE OF HER TO SAY MANY MINNESOTANS. Get your facts straight before you bad mouth people like you did.

29th of Mar, 2008

Tessa has replied to me, stating "that my deposit check was not cashed and that she sent it back to me. That is true, but I did not hear from her or receive the copy of the stated check for many months, until after I had already bought another puppy from a reliable breeder in MN. Actually I bought it from Shell River Kennels in Park Rapids...the breeder that Tessa falsly claimed was the sire of her up and coming litter. I have had excellent service from Shell River Kennel and the puppy that I received has been fabulous. I would recommend Shell River to any one wanting a healthy, smart and socialized golden retriever.
    Tessa then emailed me stating that she wishes to have me remove these negative comments from this sight since she has had a terrible family situation and it. according to her, "was all a misunderstanding". I replied that I would leave the comments as stated since I am still upset with all the false statements on her web page which has since been removed. As for the comment of "Many Minnesotans" may have fallen for this scam...I believe that was an entirely reasonable statement considering her webpage development with pictures of potential puppies that were not hers, listings of pedigrees of the up and coming breeding, that never occurred, pictures of stud puppies from Crume kennel she did not own, pay pal accounts and documentation that potential owners needed to sign for puppies that would never exist...etc.
    Tessa may have had family problems, but you do not run a business this way and expect to develop trust. There are far too many scams involving registered dogs on the market and the buyer must beware. Tessa may change her kennel name, become a reputable breeder, and do well once her personal problems are out of the way, but I stand by my comments. I would not get a puppy from this breeder.

• Wa
      30th of Jul, 2013

Tessa Kriesel is advertising puppies for sale from a Minnesota Kennel called Lucky Star Goldens out of Perham, MN. Tessa Kriesel also lists puppies for sale on PuppyFind.com. The breeder is pulling scams, claiming that she bred her golden retriever Brandy, to a reliable breeder's dog "Copper". She asks for a puppy deposit and then does not supply any puppies. In fact she never informed the owner of the sire her dog was bred. She now claims there are 2 sires to the litter of 10 puppies - when you ask her to send pictures of the puppies, she sends you the exact same pictures that are posted from her last litter in October 2012. She will tell you she is posting updated photos of the current litter to the website, but miraculously, they never are uploaded. She claims she is having DNA testing done on the puppies and originally stated that puppies would be ready to go to their "forever homes" July 17, 2013. As of now, the owner of the sire has not even received confirmation of the DNA testing, nor have they received any stud fee and have not signed off on any AKC registrations for the "puppies". I have asked her to provide her vet clinic and vet information so I can verify these "claims" - but she does not provide because she knows that there are not any puppies and in fact now claims all the puppies have parvo and several have died and the rest will most likely die. I have no idea how many people are affected. She also claims the other sire is Tango. I paid a $500 deposit on a puppy, and did not learn of the scam until I contacted the owner of the sire (Copper). I have not received a penny of my deposit back. She has claimed she sent my deposit back, then it was returned due to incorrect zip code - I then asked for a certified check, she claims that was sent and delivered on July 5th, according to her post office, but will not provide any information regarding tracking number of certified mail. Tessa played me during a very difficult time. When I first contacted her, I indicated my yellow lab had been diagnosed with a mast cell tumor and underwent major surgery on March 22nd. The following day, I lost my stepfather and 3 weeks later, my fjord horse blew a blood clot through the major artery in her hoof causing loss of blood supply and her hoof to die in 2 days, resulting in her having to be euthanized very unexpectedly. Less than 10 weeks later, my yellow lab was re-diagnosed with another mast cell tumor and given 2-3 weeks to live. I did not need another heartache, and sadly my yellow lab accepted her golden wings on July 1, 2013. Tessa continued to tell one deceitful lie after another. I have not received my deposit back and I do not have a golden retriever puppy. Additionally, there are complaints from 2007/2008 for this same time of activity, as well as a complaint from May, 2013 for her website design service where she took a $540 deposit for website design services and never delivered. She stole from me and will most likely steal from you.

• Ab
      31st of Jul, 2013

Tessa also did the same thing to us. Claiming she had puppies and all of the pictoures were from her lucky star goldens facebook page that were posted in October 2012. She claims that she will be giving our deposit back..someday. .Do NOT fall for this scam!! We were so unbelievably excited for our new male golden retriever...She seems to be just plain heartless ...She will keep telling you you can pick up the dogs soon..then pushes it further and further away..Claiming that a few have died and now all of them are not doing well? Do not get a puppy from this 'dog breeder'.

6th of Aug, 2013

Tessa has yet to provide me with anything for my $540 deposit I gave her in early March to develop my website by the end of May, except the $10 domain registration, which she provided after my first complaint here. If any of you above would like to join me in pursuing legal action to get our money back please call me (Laura) at my place of business - Rustic River Trading Company in Emily, MN at 218-763-5144 - leave a message if I am not there as I travel a lot for biz. Look forward to hearing from you!
    I had to do my own website design because the ones she sent me were just generic designs in the form of a photo of a website page for other types of businesses...then she recently told me she would not be doing any more work on my project and would be mailing me a disc so I can have someone else make my website. This will only cost me more money to find someone that can use whatever she has supposedly done so far...so it has been a real treat working with Tessa and giving her my money for nothing!

6th of Aug, 2013

I paid Tessa a $540 deposit to develop an e-commerce website for my business. I have only received my $10 domain registration from her only after I posted a complaint on this website. It has been one excuse after another and she now says she is sending me a disc of her work to have someone else finish the website (so she says) instead of either refunding my money OR completing my website as agreed. She is obviously pulling a few scams to get money fast and then drag everyone along with excuses, etc... If you would like to pursue the legal process with me, please contact me at my other business which is Rustic River Trading Co. in Emily, MN - Laura - 218-763-5144; leave a message if I am not there as I do travel for biz. I think the Attorney General would like to hear about Tessa Kriesel and what she is doing to all of us on this Complaint website. There are likely others who have not posted a complaint online as well.

• Br
      15th of Aug, 2013

I also sent in a $500 deposit to Tessa for a puppy and never recived a puppy. All of the things stated above are exactly what happened to me. After some communication with Tessa via email I told her I need my deposit back by Auugst 31st or I would be taking legal action. I have currently not recieved a penny of it. Laura I will be getting in contact with you and if anyone else would like to seek legal action please let us know!

15th of Aug, 2013

I appreciate everyone who has contacted me so far. I see a couple other names on this Complain Board who have not contacted me, so please do so. The more people we have as a group who have been scammed by Tessa Kriesel Designs and Lucky Star Goldens the stronger our case.
    Contact me at 218-763-5144. Thanks so much!

27th of Aug, 2013

I am Dennis Hase. My wife Wanda sent Tessa $500 down to surprise me for my birthday witha new puppy as our 12 year old lab was dying of cancer. She lied, and stole my wifes money. Everyone should contact each other and build an air tight case. Then turn it over to the sytem for criminal action. She should be in prison. We will be filing criminal charges with Otter Tail County's District Attorney David Hauser in Fergus Falls Minnesota. I suggest you do the same. lets contact each other and not stop until this thief is behind bars

27th of Aug, 2013

Dennis and Wanda Hase were issued a refund, but good try. Thus far, actually, EVERYONE has been issued a refund,

27th of Aug, 2013

Laura you paid me $540 and I have completed over $1300 in work. YOU are the one that requested not to work with me any longer. The litter of puppies has NOTHING to do with a sour web client who doesnt understand what is even going on in her OWN situation!

28th of Aug, 2013

Tessa informed me after I called the Cass Count Sheriff's Dept. on Monday that she had sent me a CD of the work she has completed for my website, but I never got the CD. The Deputy called Tessa for me and she also immediately emailed me links, user names, and passwords for the first time to my website, but I cannot open the website to see what she has done because it is not complete and I need to be a web developer with a special program to do this. So, I have to hire a new web developer to open what Tessa has just now finally sent me (website was suppose to be up and running by June 1st), to see what Tessa has actually done that she is calling work...I did terminate our agreement after Tessa would not respond in an appropriate manner (refused to call me after telling me over and over that she would to talk about the status or details of my website project) or timeframe (sometimes for weeks and then tell me she did something that she actually did not do, over and over and over) or deliver any work to me and I requested she return my deposit, but she would not return my deposit. What I understand is going on in my own situation is that I paid a supposed professional web developer to develop a business website, train me to add my own products and other content, and have it all up and running by June 1st. That did not happen. I still do not have a CD of the work either. I feel this does have to do with the litter of puppies since it is the same person, Tessa Kriesel, who according to the Cass County Deputy I spoke with confirmed that Tessa was convicted of Felony Identity Theft in 2007 and is on supervised probation until 2017, who owns a puppy breeding business and a web development business who has made people upset enough to go and take their own valuable time to post these comments about her and her 2 businesses. Dennis Hase, please call me at 218-763-5144. I have a list of people who have not received deposits or puppies from Tessa. thanks!

• Br
      28th of Aug, 2013

Tessa you say EVERYONE has been issued a refund? I have not seen a dime how can you say everyone has been issued a refund when I olnly know of one person who has actually gotten one and that was in July?

• Wa

Tessa -
    You are an outright liar - how can you even look at yourself in the mirror?? You have not issued a refund to me and have strung me along for months promising it was in the mail. As of today, only 1 person has received a refund and sooner or later your fraudulent activity will catch up with you! It is time you are stopped - I just can't believe it has taken this long and we will put an end to your "Scam Artist" activity.

29th of Aug, 2013

I am Dennis Hase, Wanda Hase's husband. Tessa posted a note Aug 27-2013 saying we were refunded.
    TOTALLY NOT TRUE AGAIN.
    Does this creature ever tell the truth. I honestly want to see her in prison for defrauding Wanda and I, and all of you honest hard working good people.
    My phone is 920-858-9096 I am sure that putting all of our documents together and organize our efforts, we can put Tessa in prison for a long time.
    Everyone should take each piece of correspondence with Tessa, the breeder with the mail and Vets. (emails, letters, photo copy of checks, etc.) and scan them into a pdf.
    Give the pdf a file name with the date of the correspondence and your initials. Then we all forward our emails to each other, followed by all the files.
    We will organize them into a time line which will show her fraud, lies and extent of her scamming business.
    When completed will issue to the D.A. and press for criminal charges with Otter Tail County's District Attorney David Hauser in Fergus Falls Minnesota.

29th of Aug, 2013

Was wondering why the amount which seems to come up all the time is $500. Minnesota law states anything over $500 is a felony UNLESS more than one victim is involved Minnesota stat. 609.527, subd.3 Let's get the list of victims together. check out the website for an overview of the law. Max. sentence is 20 years + $10, 000 fine http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/pubs/idtheft.pdf

29th of Aug, 2013

I just found out that the current ongoing fraud case in the system for Cass County is #13169. When you call the sheriff's office in Cass or in Ottertail or the Attorney in Ottertail you can give them this case # to reference in their system. Tessa's last known address in the Cass County system is the one in Backus and that is where she was convicted of Felony Identity Theft, so it is important to contact the Cass County Sheriff so they can build a case to turn over to the Attorney there and potentially work with the Ottertail sheriff and attorney as well to prosecute.