Lucille Roberts / horrible customer service

United States Review updated:
2.5
I am terribly distraught over being persuaded to join a gym just to catch a "sale" just prior to having foot surgery and as explained prior to joining I would not be able to use the facilities until I was fully recovered. Not only is the monthly fee being deducted out of my account every month like clockwork, but I cannot get thru on the customer svce line, which convienently is the only way to extend the "freeze" on my mmbrshp, as I am still under Dr.'s care with a boot on my foot and walking with a cane. I have been pressing the redial button on my phone all this time and the number is STILL busy! What's that about?!
De

Comments

Al
  1st of Oct, 2008
well if you knew you couldnt use the gym until after your surgery why sign up. that is a mistake on your part. you should have waited like you stated until you recovered.
Ca
  28th of Jan, 2009
I agree 150% - I think the company purposely does this. I once tried calling from 9AM till 11AM. Needless to say, I was livid. They have absolutely the WORST customer service. I have reported them to the BBB and the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs. If you call the headquarters phone number, you might have better luck. I was able to get through, but please believe it was a 10 minute wait. I can't find it at the moment, but do some online digging and you will.

Here is the address to the HQ, if you are in the NYC area, perhaps going there in person would be more fruitful.

Lucille Roberts Health Spa, Inc.
4 East 80th Street
New York, NY 10075-0110
Lr
  7th of Feb, 2009
I tried calling also and got the same results as the above poster. call the number and when the operator and for you to push buttons, do not push anything. Stay online and someone in headquaters will pick-up.
Ma
  15th of Jan, 2010
i am trying to get a call to customer service i told then i was being laid off my job and i need to freeze my account anyway i have'nt gone to the gym for the past ten month but they keep charging my account

Lucille Roberts Logo Lucille Roberts