Louis Vuitton / service manchester selfridges 20 december 2018

1 Strawberry fields, 80 briars lane, Lathom, United Kingdom

I spend around £18000 a year at LV over 3 visits annually to various stores including this st Moritz and Venice. I always look forward to shopping at LV. Unfortunately I have today had the worst shopping experience I have ever had at any designer store and I simply moved over the store and shopped in Chanel instead. I intended to buy an iPhone case, shoes, jewellery and a scarf. However, invariably as the shopping experience is usually exceptional I invariably end up buying nearly twice as much merchandise than I had planned. However, today this was never going to be the case. The queuing system was in absolute chaos and we were shunted around the store like cattle. I felt rushed, not at all at ease and conscious that there was no time to browse with the assistant. I came away with just the iPhone case and extremely disappointed because it would have been nice to have some suggestive selling too but I did not want to stress the assistant more than he already was. I was told that the iphone case could not be hot stamped as they were far too busy and that I would have to return in January. Just a minor thing was that when I opened the item the receipt had not been nicely folded and printed. The receipt has 2 big red lines across it because obviously the till roll was in need of changing and it was crumpled unevenly into almost a ball and shoved hurriedly into the envelope. I know it's the week before Christmas and the store gets inundated but surely this can be planned for. The air was one of sheer disorganisation, disappointment and disarray which is not what one expects from a premium brand charinging premium prices. In contrast the Chanel advisor was unperturbed by the amount of people browsing in the shop and totally dedicated to helping me make the right choices with 2 pairs of shoes, a handbag and earrings.

Ad