Locauto Car Rental / overcharged

IT Review updated:

We made a mistake of hireing the car from Locauto in Milan. If you had a traffic violation in Italy, this company will charge you 48.40 Euros just for their writing of the report, apart from violation charges. They did charge us 48.40 Euros - 15 (fifteen) times !!! on two different credit cards before we managed to close them down.

Comments

• Ca
      Aug 23, 2016

This happened to us too. I had also rented a GPS from LOCAUTO. I was traveling on country roads. They claim that I was doing "high speeding" but I translated the document and found that I had been picked up by a traffic camera on a lightly traveled country road doing the equivalent of 35 MPH in the equivalent of a 31 MPH zone. Usually, traffic cameras are placed in heavily trafficked areas, but I was on a lightly traveled country road. I think that LOCAUTO just looked at the GPS which was a part of the rental car and created a traffic breach of some kind so they could charge €48.80 just to forward on my contact information. The LOCAUTO contract indicates that the amount of €40 will be charged for "FINES, TOLLS, PARKING MANAG. FEE PER DOSSIER, but that doesn't actually mean what it appears to say. First, they will charge you €48.80 and not €40 as stated on the contract. They charge a tax to forward on your contact information; this is not property taxes, nor income taxes, nor does it resemble any sales tax you may have seen anywhere else. If they are going to charge €48.80 just to forward on your contact information, shouldn't the contract state that as such?????? It feels like a scam because "per dossier" means that they intend to charge you €48.80 repeatedly in a contract that lasts "FROM NOW ON" that makes you the financial slave of LOCAUTO. The LOCAUTO contract does nothing to protect consumers nor does it have an exit strategy written into it. The whole operation is a scam!!!