Locauto / breakdown service
We booked via Car trawler and chose Locauto to hire from Venice Airport. First issue: 1.5 hours to get through to the desk and sign the paper work, which is exceptionally slow and laborious. Only two staff present albeit they were as helpful as they could be given the process Locauto seem to adopt.
Main issue: we broke down (a front tire blew out) but thankfully close to our hotel. No spare tyre. We limped to the hotel and called the breakdown / vehicle assist number. Locauto promise assistance within 1 hour. After three hours of repeated calls to the number provided plus the Locauto main office no one had returned our call despite advising that "our case was being dealt with". They even hung up the phone and we eventually gave up and through the hotel arranged for a recovery vehicle and subsequent garage to replace the tyre at our cost. This makes a mockery not only of so called customer service to say nothing of being abandoned but also of their CDW policy at 300 euros which would have been a total waste of money had we taken this out. My advice to anyone travelling in Italy with Locauto if firstly not to, but if you must then arrange for your own breakdown cover (e.g. Through the AA) to be extended to cover your trip. Otherwise in our opinion you risk being abandoned as we were if you breakdown.
More Locauto Complaints & Reviews
- Locauto - scammed by locauto 
- Locauto - very bad service 
- Locauto - damage charges 
- Locauto - manner and cheating
- Locauto - damage charge
- LocautoRent - left item in car booking reference number 361 520 698
- LocautoRent - car rental & charges
- LocautoRent - very severe complaint against mauro from milano malpensa shop
- LocautoRent - unserious and unacceptable practices
- LocautoRent - unauthorized debit card charge