OMG I have never been treated so terrible as I was when I called about a demand letter. This all started in August 2008 when my internet service would no longer work...constant busy signal for more then 3 weeks. I called the tech support for local net they informed me that it was my telephone line, which keep in mind this is the same phone line I am talking to them on. There is and was not anything wrong w/ my phone line. So I told them since they could not fix the problem, I wanted to cancel my service w/ them. I was then transfered to a women who told me I COULD NOT cancel my service, that phone call ended and on went the monthly phone calls to my c/c company to dispute the charges (theres a good hour of my day wasted on hold for them) Also when I signed up for this service I had to give them a c/c but I told them I want a paper bill in the mail I DID NOT WANT MY CREDIT CARD CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY. They did this anyway. So finally I spoke w/ someone again from localnet in Feb. 2009 and they informed me of the cancelation policy they need something in writing (would have been nice had they told me this back in August) So I faxed them a nice little letter stating I no longer wanted the services that they were UNABLE to provide. I thought I was done w/ them. Yesterday I get a "DEMAND LETTER" I called them this morning and got a man named Chris WOW was he a class act JERK. My 10 year old has more professionalism then this guy. He immediately got angry w/ me, raising his voice at me when I said I was not paying for services not rendered. Gosh I could hear his blood pressure rising in the sound of his voice. He informed me of my 2 options 1 Pay the bill 2 don't pay the bill and read the letter. He also told me his job was not to be nice to people but to collect their money. Never the less he hung up on me twice and I was unable to get anything solved. Stay clear of the place!!!

A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
That definitely sounds like LocalNet -- AND like Chris in collections! LOL! On their little postcards, they ask you to call 877-267-3266. But, you'll wait on hold for a long time, and -- just like calling their customer support -- it's as likely no human ever *will* answer! Chris is described by a couple of staff as "their supervisor." (Difficult to believe, isn't it?) More likely he's merely the hardmouth they send you to if the front line operators aren't succeeding. Maybe that sort of abuse works on some people -- but obviously not on sensible people! hehe... If you're interested in talking with Chris (whose very lack of control makes him amusing) phone 877-900-6135 instead . Someone usually picks this line up after just a minute or two, usually Chris himself. Saves wading through the front lines...
A  16th of Aug, 2011 by
Yep, that's what happened to me!

LocalNet Logo LocalNet