Liquidation.com / Appalling practices!

1 37xx Spruce StWilmington, DE, United States Review updated:

I bid, won, and paid for a pallet lot of 25 pieces that I was going to use as xmas gifts for family and friends. It was to be delivered before Xmas '07. By December 21st with no deliveries of the merchandise, I was concerned and emailed to Liquidation.com about the status of my order. I also called the same day and I was told that the vendor had eight days to send out my order. I responded that it had already been 12 days and that the auction site stated that Liquidation.com was responsible for shipping. The buck was passed by Liquidation.com to the vendor. I was told that the vendor was responsible for delivery. After NOT being satisfied with my communications with Liquidation.com, and I made them aware of this fact to which they were quite indifferent, I was left with no option but to wait for the shipment. Then, on the 23rd of December, I found out that my order was canceled by the vendor. I went on line and found that the items had been re-listed. I called and asked why I couldn't just get the items listed on the auction web site in place of the ones that had been canceled. I also explained my situation and that I would pay extra for quick shipping. I was told apathetically that in the "terms and conditions" that this was a possibility. I asked what I would receive in return. I was told that I would receive all my money back, and that the vendor would be fined, but that I would not receive any of the fine, though clearly I was the one who had suffered the loss and was left with nothing for Xmas.

To ad a little salt to my wounds, Liquidation.com sent me this on New Years Eve:

"On Dec 31, 2007 9:14 AM, via RT <shipping@liquidation.com> wrote:
-- Dear Buyer,
The seller has six business days after payment to ship out the
merchandise.
Sincerely,
Buyer Relations"

This email was in response to my email from Dec. 21st

A few things to point out here:
1) Liquidation.com was responsible for the delivery.
2) Originally they said the vendor had eight days to ship, yet the auction site owned by Liquidation.com had the delivery as the responsibility of Liquidation.com.
3) The email stated that the vendor had six days to start the delivery; the customer relations agent I talked to on the phone stated eight.
4) The first inquiry was 11 days after the purchase meaning even with weekends as “non” workdays, shipment should have been started.
5) The response by email was 21 days after the purchase.
6) The response by email was eight days after the transaction had been canceled.
7) The vendor had to pay Liquidation.com a fine ($200.00 is what I would be fined if I canceled the transaction, so I figure the amount to be similar).
8) The buyer did not get any type of reciprocity from Liquidation.com, although fines were levied.

My conclusions are:
1) Liquidation.com has absolutely no interest in anything other than money
2) Liquidation.com has no interest in customer service.
3) Liquidation.com has no interest in keeping their side of any deal.
4) Liquidation.com will lie to cover their own tracks
5) Liquidation.com will not step up to make things right
6) Liquidation.com will always pass the buck
7) Liquidation.com will throw anyone or anything under the bus
8) Liquidation.com has employees that have no idea what the company policies are, and Liquidation.com does not seem to care about this gross negligence
9) Liquidation.com is a company with ill-intentions and should be dealt with very, very cautiously
10) Liquidation.com is a bad company to do business with at all.
11) Avoid Liquidation.com or you can expect to be burned.

cinemasound@yahoo.com

Comments

• Ge
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Yes I too won and paid an auction on 1/4/2008 and only on 1/18/2008, 2 weeks later the shipment was scanned for pickup for 01/23/2008 delivery. I was truely unaware of the timeline between auction completion to delivery. Good thing it was only a state away.

Also shipping was through liquidation.com. Next time I'll take the option to either pick up or request a different shipment method.

I may still continue with liquidation.com knowing it may take 2 weeks before they begin shipping but I urge any bidder to stay within a state or two.

• Mi
      1st of May, 2008

I have been a loyal buyer with Liquidation for over a year now. I ordered what were advertised as "shelf Pull" mens ties...600 of them! Shelf pulls...as defined on liquidations own website...are defined as merchandise that was formerly in a retail environment but did not sell. Well..what I got...were 600 USED ties. It was VERY obvious. I did what I was supposed to do and filed a dispute and included pictures. I mean, some of these ties are decades old! They had been pressed and tacked to make them look new...not a good job was done though obviously.

Anyway...of course just today my claim was dismissed and was told that the photos prove nothing. Then upon researching online, I discovered that Liquidation is not a member of the BBB. Not by choice, their membership was revoked due to their lack of resolving complaints. What a joke!

So now I am stuck with 600 ties that I had planned on pairing up with dress shirts to sell on ebay as sets. Now I will be lucky to break even.

They had always been a good supplier for me, now I am up in arms what to do since I have received some great merchandise and very good prices.

I called to get further clarification on this and was told that their system was down and to call back. Then I read on other complaint sites that they always avoid taking calls. Well...I do know other methods to obtain goods on on principle it is difficult to stay with this company. We will see how they respond when I call back.

I sell ebooks on buying children's clothing and will SLAM them in those as well as post as many reviews/blogs that I can to hurt them...maybe it will be a tiny effect but it sure will make me feel better.

• Le
      4th of Jun, 2008

I had been using the service from them twice.. The first time was O.K They send me what I expected but missing one pair of shoes and they refunded the money to me for the missing shoe.

The second time ( I could say the last time ), I won on 28 pairs of out of stock shoes but they sent me fisher toys. I did the dispute on the day I received and they asked me to send the pics for what I want to dispute..Ok that's fine, I had to search on the internet to get those pics. I was thinking why they asked me to send them the pics for what I never get : ( It taked time and I got just a few of pics anyway. I sent them several emails to ask them how they are going to solve my problem but they just keep quiet, Nobody contact me at all...
    They are supposed to let me know what they are doing right? Are they solving my problem?

Anyway, I gave them a call today. I feel really bad about their service. A person who picked up the phone ( should be called a customer service person but I just don't feel that she is a customer service at all)
    She told me that I don't need to call them for any dispute. They are going to send an email to me when every thing 's done.. " How can I know how long 's gonna take them to contact me or maybe they will never contact me." : (
    Her voice was so not welcome and seem like she doesn't want to answer or response or do her service job.

I would say that I will never use their service again... and I would not recommend their service to anyone.

Let's see what 's going on .. I have been waiting their response for almost a mount.

• Ya
      13th of Jul, 2008

I am worring sth after reading these due to I just paid to liquidation.com for my toys. Which departments of goverment can do sth for internet scam?

They can? /link removed/

We must have our own weapon to protect ourselves. Please excuse my poor English ability.

Thanks

• Al
      21st of Jul, 2008

Yes I agree- this website, Liquidation.com is a total joke. Merchandise is packed by 5 year olds i think. Whatever you do, i personally recommend that you never buy from these people. I have over 20 years of experience as a buyer so i know. They look reputable, but there business practices are not to USA standard. Companies like this do not belong in this country doing business, I hope they go bankrupt.
    AM

• Ok
      13th of Jul, 2009

OKC Auction Services LLC was founded to fill a need for many businesses that purchase items through Government Liquidation auctions. With the recent regionalization of services centers, GL is now shifting a large portion of the auctions to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and Columbus, Ohio national warehouses.
    It is out business to coordinate with GL personnel, schedule, Pick up, pack / prepare for shipment, consolidate, weigh, warehouse for full truckloads, do inspections, and provide freight services for our customers, . We use our own assets (personnel, trucks trailers, forklifts, pallet scales, machine stretch wrappers, warehouses etc. and don’t farm it out to someone else.
    Please visit us at www.okcauctions.com or call 405-823-3744 to see how we can help solve all your Government Liquidations services needs.
    Regards,
    Shawn Freeman
    www.okcauctionservices.com
    Partner / Owner
    OKC Auction Services

• Td
      25th of Mar, 2010

Liquidation.com is the worst. It's truly the buyer that gets screwed in those transaction. I understand that like eBay it's just a selling platform for other sellers, but unlike eBay they could care less about the buyers experience. Then has the nerve to charge a buyers premium amongst other fees.

I have made several purchases from this site and most were bad. It's really the sellers you have to watch out for. Out of seven different sellers i purchased from only one was honest and sold stuff that was actually resalable. The rest cherry picked all the good items and sold the garbage that was broken to me but didn't advertise as salvage. I stopped dealing with those rats all together along time ago.

If you're new trying to sell stay away from this site. Do your homework and find good liquidators that don't cherry pick. Good liquidators will do the right thing and try to help you get your business going because they want you to come back to them. If a seller screws on liquidation.com you're just screwed. You wont win your case and if you do you wont get much of your money back. TRUST ME on that!

MORE THAN LIKELY YOU WILL NOT MAKE PROFITS DEALING WITH THESE IDIOTS.

7th of Jun, 2010

Liquidation.com is a fraud and I say we should unite in a class action lawsuit against them. I´m truly surprised that the FBI lets them get away with all the scams, but then again, maybe people only complain here and online instead of where it counts (FBI office).

• Th
      7th of Jan, 2013

Thsi company usees every trick in the poor business practices book.
    They sell the same merchandise on amazon and Ebay so if you were planning on buying to sell on there forget it you can't compete with them.
    They consitantly list items say in video games and list the number in the lot to be say 50, if you don't check the manifest you'll screw yourself when you find out that there are only 5 or 6 games and the rest is junk.
    They charge you a buyers premium. Now this is not heard of in auctions but for some people they just don't realize it till the invoice comes and the additional cost of 5-8% is added on.
    Then of course the shipping charge which is double what it really cost, . They claim the seller is responsible for shipping yet they charge you for logistics and additional shipping.
    They give you 48 houers to inspect, test and examine the items or forget about them making things right.
    Now say you bought 200 returns or in my case 200 seller refurbished cameras. I don't know about you but it takes about 15-20 minutes oer camera to do a full test. So forget about them being responsible once you sell one and it doesn't fully function as advertised.
    They think they are so slick and it pisses me off that they also think they are the only game in town. consistantly holding fixed price sales to you for items they selll for on Ebay and Amazon, say iPhone 4 refurbished asking 300 a piece but they sell them for 199.
    They are the worst at customer care and could really care less. Misleading adverts, semi hidden fees, over charging shipping.
    They'll wring every dime out of an item so it's not profitable to but and re-sell so liquidation my butt.
    My suggestion STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THEM AS POSSIBLE.