Linksys / support scam

1 Central African Republic Review updated:

Purchased a linksys wireless router and tried to install/configure it. The wizard would not work - error messages saying factory resets were not working. Called support line and the person who had very bad accent wanted me to pay for the support for a tech to remotely access my computer. I told them I was not paying for service ona brand new product tha should work without support. She just kept repeating herself - 'do you want to avail to this service?' I finally hung up. Scam to get more money.

Comments

• Ro
      24th of May, 2010
    Linksys - Stay away
    Linksys

this should have been a simple installation of a network adapter.

not only did the unit fail to work, their customer service dropped the ball

by supplying 2 rma numbers could not be

recognized. an email request and a phone call were not answered.

its a cisco product. perhaps they just

care about their business products and

the linksys is a "B" brand. very dissapointed and most certainly cannot

recommend using their products.

• Re
      7th of Oct, 2011
    Linksys - Lousy service
    Linksys

I have a linksys wrt54g router. It has worked well. I tries looking for answers to my problem online and on linksys website with no avail. I started up a chat with tech support and after answering all their questions they said I was out of warranty. I did not want them to repair it I just wanted a couple answers to what might be the problem. Their only answer was to pay them for advice. If this is the best they can do, then I will do the best I can do and that is to go buy a new one from some other company!

• Lo
      20th of Mar, 2014

As soon as my 1 year technical support was over my wireless router stopped working, literally days after, well i called lynksys and i was told i need to re-up for $200 to get technical support, RIP OFF company, will never buy their product again. Good luck understanding the rep over the phone it seems they are from india.